back to article Android 4.2.2 slides up skirt slightly, reveals a slip of fishnet

Obsessives crawling through the minutia of Android's latest changes have spotted evidence that Google's vapourware home-automation system might yet live, and mesh networking too. The evidence is in an Android 4.2.2 diff of a system configuration file, which specifically mentions both mesh networking and Android@Home (as …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Androgynous Crackwhore
    Coffee/keyboard

Good job on the title...

...nearly made me puke all over my keyboard.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Good job on the title...

Though I'm trying to work out why the fishnet would be above the hemline of the skirt?

Surely the fishnets would go all the way down to the feet, I believe that's the customary design of the garments. The headline suggests standard tights/stockings with fishnets at the top, which just seems weird and impractical?

Or are you talking about an old fashioned slip, worn under the skirt, that's of fishnet design? And therefore, as i understand it, would be quite pointless as a slip?

1. ForthIsNotDead
        Thumb Up

@AC 10:34

Slow day at work, eh? Ah well, I +1'd you anyway :-)

2. Robert Carnegie Silver badge

"Surely the fishnets would go all the way down to the feet"

So does the skirt. I believe we're being offered a glimpse of ankle. I am after all British.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Isn't this just what happens when you pay a team to implement something but don't pay anyone to unimplement if it's mothballed?

3. Law
    Paris Hilton

4 comments so far...

3 of them discussing skirts/stockings/slips... just saying

Personally I can't wait for this sort of thing to drop - I want to sensor up the house, get some automated switches etc in there too. Be cool to treat my house like my computer - have it running like a well oiled machine. :)

1. dogged

Re: 4 comments so far...

I can't see that working out well under Android.

"The radio is unusuable. Too many processes in this house - switch off the washing machine, somebody. And the central heating/"

1. Law
        Happy

"The radio is unusuable. Too many processes in this house - switch off the washing machine, somebody. And the central heating/"

lol... Maybe in 2008, but Android is pretty reliable these days. :p

1. Law
          WTF?

Oh dear... thumbed down by either somebody who believes Android was perfect from day 1, or somebody who believes jelly bean to be unreliable... either way you're wrong!!

Down vote away.

1. dogged

wasn't me.

2. Simon Westerby 1
      Joke

>> 3 of them discussing skirts/stockings/slips... just saying

>> Personally I can't wait for this sort of thing to drop...

Me neither ... but your not likely to see much skirts/stockings/slips droping on *this* web site ,,,

4. I ain't Spartacus Gold badge
    Happy

Google have made a huge error here

Why use Android. Android@Home is rubbish, when you could have the clearly better:

Chrome@Home.

5. Arachnoid
    Thumb Up

Yes but a house is no good without Windows

But only if they incorporate glass

1. Robert Moore
      Thumb Up

Re: Yes but a house is no good without Windows

My brain is melting while attempting to parse your comment.

6. Surreal
    Trollface

What color is it, then?

If it's Black, that's boring, but if Google creates one that's mauve! Yowza!

I can't get excited about doing the Same Ol' in a slightly different way. I've had X10 modules throughout the house for turning lights and appliances on and off for ages, and a "firecracker" to let the PC control it if I really want to. More recently I control my Nest (R) Learning Thermostat of Wonderfulness from an Android app, or a browser, via TCP/IP. Whee! I can turn the heat on when I'm 10 minutes from home!

Pro Tip: to destroy a compact fluorescent bulb within a day or so, use an X10 module to control it. I suspect that it cycles the power on and off thousands of times per second. In any case, incandescent bulbs don't suffer the same fate. Sure, I *could* have the X10 control a relay and avoid that, but that's too much work.

Hey! What do you mean "nobody fricking cares"?

1. Richard 12 Silver badge

X10 controllers are SCR

A Solid-State Relay is just a hard-fired SCR/triac.

Most CFLs and LEDs hate them and die, pretty much the same as if you tried to dim them.

You need an actual relay - best is a latching/pulse relay so it's a pulse of power to turn on, another pulse to turn off - more efficient!

7. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Can I just verify some terminology with the Internet?

So we have:

- Fanbois - Apple fans

- Fandroids - Android fans

- Rimbois - BlackBerry fans

- Wintwatz - Windows Phone fans

8. dajames
    Headmaster

How many?

Obsessives crawling through the minutia of Android's latest changes ...

Just the one minutia then? I'd have expected rather more minutiae in a whole new release!

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like