back to article CEO Tim Cook: Apple retail stores are 'like Prozac' to me

This was the week when some of the titans of tech hung out at Goldman Sachs Technology and Internet conference talking about their problems. First up was Tim Cook, who was pooh-poohing a lawsuit filed by Greenlight Capital hedge-fund honcho David Einhorn. The suit is attempting to stop Apple from amending its charter to …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Thomas 4
    IT Angle

A metaphorical near miss

Ann Droid as a publisher doesn't really work as a metaphor. Ann Droid as a woman of ill repute does. She "flirts" with everyone and anything these days, is cheap and rumoured to carry nasties.

1. AndrueC Silver badge
      Thumb Up

Re: A metaphorical near miss

But no relation to Anna Daptor :)

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

> But no relation to Anna Daptor :)

Or (the apparently now sadly deceased) Poly Styrene?

2. This post has been deleted by its author

3. Philip Lewis
        Joke

but a cousin of Sue Donim

2. wowfood

What would that make old Mac? The celeb who sits in his mansion wearing a white suit, threatening to sue anyone who disagrees with him? While his fans still hang on his every word, inspite of the fact he hasn't released any real new material since his first hit "I Phone, but you don't answer" with all the subsequent albums being near identical track listings.

1. Thomas 4

In fairness

I meant to edit both of these into the original post.

Windows Phone is the archtypal gold digger. She's managed to sink her claws into a moderately rich old man that's lonely but she seethes with envy that she's not one of the popular or fashionable types.

iOS is part of one of those smug self satisfied couples that you know will just be together forever and a day and sneers at all the lesser mortals. They're successful but that doesn't necessarily equate to everyone liking them.

1. Anonymous Coward
          Anonymous Coward

Re: In fairness

Who is this Winifred Dows-Phone of whom you speak?

2. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

Please some originality

Regurgitated Apple bashing is getting so tiresome. Do make an effort, my dear.

3. NumptyScrub
      Trollface

quote: "Ann Droid as a publisher doesn't really work as a metaphor."

It would appear to point out that Merriam-Webster may have to do some appeasing to Oxford University Press to avoid litigation. In a lot of cases they would even appear to have managed to misspell or typo the plagiarism, even though the paraphrasing makes it obvious which topics are being copied...

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Awesome quote from Corny Cook.

If I buy apple gadgets will I get a free dose of hubris as well?

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

" The suit is attempting to stop Apple from amending its charter to allow the issuance of preferred stock without the approval of its shareholders."

I may be wrong, but I think it is the exact opposite. The change to the charter will require the approval of shareholders, whereas today it does not.

4. Arctic fox
    Trollface

"It's like Prozac."

Well - he said it.

1. Alister

Re: "It's like Prozac."

Be funny if this quote was misinterpreted and taken as a Ratner-esque comment on the excitement of Apple Stores.

1. Arctic fox
        Trollface

@Alister: Well funny you should say that but................

"Be funny if this quote was misinterpreted and taken as a Ratner-esque comment on the excitement of Apple Stores."

..........that thought occurred to be just before I logged back in to check this thread and saw your posting. It is possible that that quote (as you implied) may indeed come back to haunt him. Certainly I would have thought twice (were I in his position) before I had compared the effects of my retail chain to a prescription drug give for psychological difficulties. Or perhaps the effect of their stores is indeed intended to reduce the state of depression that their prices may induce in their customers - who knows?

5. Inachu
    WTF?

I visited an apple stores redently this week and did not like what I saw.

A. No register at all.

B. No focus at all to where to purchase hardware for my ipad.

All employees walking around like bees telling me a tech will be with me shortly even though they all had hand held devices and went walking about. The store was super crowded and looked like nobody was getting service at all and all employees taken so that a wait time would be at least 10-20 minutes before I could leave.

So in utter frustration I left the apple store and went to the Best Buy express store that only had 2 customers and I was served under 2 minutes and left the store under 5 minutes.

Thank you Best Buy for keeping your registers.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like