back to article Daisy, Computacenter turn down purchase of stricken 2e2

The prospect of 2e2 administrator FTI selling the entire UK operation of the stricken integrator in one swoop was dealt a blow this weekend after several key suitors walked away from a deal. As revealed on Thursday, Computacenter and Daisy Group were seated at the negotiating table but have now decided to end their interest in …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. ForthIsNotDead
    Unhappy

Hmmm....

It sounds like they called in the administrators far far far too late... By the time they _were_ called, there was nothing worth saving...

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

If the administrators had kept the staff on for another week or so they might have had a viable business to sell.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Those customers count for diddly

It is the Managed customers that are worth the £££. Those customers listed have onsite IT resource. Good luck to them and hopefully the staff will be TUPEd over.

There is still a wealth of Managed customers worth fighting for. The staff are still coming in everyday, yes some are moving on as expected but the rest are keeping the service running.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Those customers count for diddly

I've never dealt with any of those customers before - they are the "air-gapped" accounts if you know what I mean.

I'm pretty sure there is value in the day-to-day leveraged Managed Services piece that remains and is still fully under support as we speak.

I just hope "that bit" is worth something.....

4. chris 17 Silver badge
    FAIL

any decent managed services customer will be speaking to 2e2's competitors right now, praying the 2e2 support hangs in there long enough to migrate over.

God speed to all 2e2 staff.

5. The Godfather
    Meh

Buy? bugger that, I'll just steal

Let's face it, it's a bloody sight cheaper to pick off their clients than to buy chunks of the business at inflated values to lessen the loss to banks and investors. Daisy, although listed is quite similar in structure and funding to 2e2 (although its debt is half that of 2e2).

6. Velv
    Childcatcher

If you have good 2e2 staff on site you should be looking at options to in-source them immediately. Don't go rushing off to the competition hoping the good staff will be TUPE'd into your new supplier, take the good staff on yourself.

Outsourcing is about accountancy manipulation to allocate costs. Having your own staff is about delivering good agile cost effective service to the business when it needs it.

7. This post has been deleted by its author

1. Dainase
      Thumb Up

Re: don't you have something better?

Looks like someone's overdone the tin in their nurtle. Ahem.

Do keep up the good work, if nothing else we might get trested to another incoherent rambling from the spoonering masked shell warrior.

8. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Come in boat number 36, your time is up

This morning I have been invited to join a conference call with the adminstrators, I doubt that I will need a crystal ball to predict the outcome of this particular call.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Come in boat number 36, your time is up

So have I, and so has everyone I've spoken to this morning. It will be interesting to see who (if anyone) is left after this call.

9. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Question: "Should I be worried about your competence as administrators?" - comedy gold.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like