back to article Speaking in Tech: 'ARM makes enterprise chips? Over my dead body!'

speaking_in_tech Greg Knieriemen podcast enterprise It's another episode of El Reg's enterprise tech cast, with your hosts Greg Knieriemen, Ed Saipetch and Sarah Vela. Our special guest this week is Ian Ferguson, vice-president of Segment Marketing at ARM, who talks about the growth of the chip-design company from 12 people …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. alain williams Silver badge

Please give me text

I started to listen to it ... started with some idiot music, then people telling me where they were. Not interested.

Please transcribe it to text and then I can scan it & read the bits that I want to, I don't have 50 minutes to burn.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Please give me text

It's a podcast, so yes, it has sound. Stick to blogs chap.

1. M.D.
        Holmes

Re: Please give me text

That isn't what Alain is saying though is it?

I mean, a Podcast that didn't have the boring top & tail would be welcomed by me but, I recognise that most folks going through the bother of making one actually want to deliver a linear set of messages and get some personal exposure. Throw on top the inevitable fidget-moment (that's been on pretty much every conference call since time began) where we all wait (im)patiently for the dratted Muzak to go away .... And you have the essential difference between a media moment & a White Paper.

For many, the media moment is useful, especially if they want to listen with half an ear while doing other things. For some a written version would be handy as they could avoid the 'noise'. Be nice to have a choice.

Unlikely tho' i suspect there's no budget to get someone to transcribe.

2. koolholio
    Joke

Fish and chips is an english delicacy! Do I smell something sizzling?

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like