back to article Sony Ericsson site indicates Xperia 'arc slider' set-back

Sony Ericsson may have run into some problems in the development of its first Windows Mobile handset, the Xperia X1, because the company appears to have put back the device’s launch from this year to 2009. SE_Xperia_delay_screengrab Sony Ericsson's website reveals all The so-called "arc slider", which was announced during …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. eddiewrenn

too late

I'm a big Sony Ericsson fan, but these specs will be way out of date by the time it's released. This *could* be my next phone, but by 2009 I'll expect a 5megapixel camera, , bigger memory, etc. etc.

2. eddiewrenn
    Flame

delay cancelled

Sorry to post to a competitor @ http://www.engadget.com/

It looks like those eagerly waiting to get their hands on Sony Ericsson's HTC-made XPERIA X1 can rest a little easier, as the much anticipated apparently is still on track for release in the second half of this year, and not in February 2009 as recently rumored. That word comes straight from Sony Ericsson Corporate Vice President of the Global Communications Aldo Liguori, who told the Unofficial Sony Ericsson Blog that "I can confirm that we will be launching the X1 product in 2nd Half of 2008, as per our announcement of 10th February." That sure is about as definitive as you can get, though we're guessing there's plenty of folks out there that think any date other than tomorrow is too long to wait.

3. Lee Richards
    Go

Website blunder apparently.

....from Sony Ericsson Corporate Vice President of the Global Communications Aldo Liguori, who told the Unofficial Sony Ericsson Blog that "I can confirm that we will be launching the X1 product in 2nd Half of 2008, as per our announcement of 10th February."

4. Andy Turner

Uh-oh, sounds like the P990i saga again

I hope not. You'd think there wouldn't be too much trouble in getting HTC to make a device reasonably similiar to the millions they've already made and putting WM6.1 onto it. Maybe Microsoft are holding Sony to ransom by insisting it has HD-DVD support.

5. Jón Frímann Jónsson
    Gates Horns

Can I install linux on it ?

Can I install Linux on it? Windows isn't trusty you know.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like