back to article Microsoft’s Asia-Pac head goes to post office

Microsoft’s vice-president for Asia-Pacific Tracey Fellows has left the company for Australia Post, the nation’s postal service. Fellows was Redmond’s leader for Australia, New Zealand, various small Pacific nations, Korea, Bangladesh and Sri Lanka. Microsoft’s profile of Fellows also mentions “South East Asia” as coming under …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. hplasm
    Devil

Rats leaving?

they're all getting proper jobs now...

2. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Up

nice move

Will be a much better work, life, balance at the Post... and probably in Melbourne

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: nice move

yes more than likely, the digital mailbox team are based out of Melbourne and the banking sector in Sydney has sucked up most talent.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Devil

This is wrong....

A rephrasing - since I have been fighting like cats and dogs with Australia Post of late..... and Microsoft for an eternity...

+++++++++

Microsoft confirmed Fellows' departure to The Australian Financial Review, which also carries Australia Post’s comment that Fellows will help it to cope with Australians’ accelerating preference for digital communication.

+++++++++

Retyped this means "Australians’ accelerating preference for digital communication" - or "Australia Posts transcendence from a grubby monoply (like Telstra) into a largely irrellevent service provider that has had about 90% of it's business go digital... and else where."

Australia post - a corporation staffed by shit loads of incompetent people, who give shit and petty service, now has to compete with dynamic providers like the couriers......

I fired the local post office for fucking it up so badly so many times - and do all my pick ups at another office... and because the management of Australia post have rigged it that the offices only take calls from the national call center, you can't ring your local post office any more.... so you have to call the national call center, and they have to call the post office....

So the post office complains about getting harrassed, by having to take a couple of phone calls per week by my calling the national call center, who then calls them, to see if packages are there... and then the Australia post security center staff send the cops to hassle me..... to dictate Australia posts terms and conditions..... that I should pay for a PO box.....

LOL

Fucking pathetic.

"Oooo answer the phone 2 x a week - Ooooo can't do that, it's customer service and we don't provide that here - better complain to the morons at the security center."

Australia Post is a clowns outfit.

+++++++++

Australia Post has reported significant declines in the volume of letters it is asked to deliver and has tried to address this with a new electronic letterbox service. By working utilities and similar organisations to offer punters a persistent and secure location for important correspondence,

+++++++++

"Australia Post has reported significant declines in the volume of letters it is asked to deliver" - Their tracking service is bullshit. A friend noted, "I can get a big box of stuff from China within 7 days for $7, and Australia Post charges $28 to send a small package from Melbourne over Bass Strait to Tasmania, and after 8 days, it hasn't even left Melbourne."

So now Australia Post are making the equivalent of soda drink vending machines, with a code to match your parcel, but it's ONLY a uniform box size and shape that will actually go through the machinery....

LOL - otherwise it's back to the post office, as per usual, for the not infrequently "non uniform box" sized and shaped packages....

+++++++++

Australia Post hopes to remain relevant even if customer letter boxes only ever fill with junk mail. Along the way it has also become embroiled in legal battles with a rival outfit, Digital Post Australia, which has more or less the same idea.

+++++++++

Australia Post hopes to remain relevant even if customer letter boxes only ever fill with junk mail - LOL......

So much fucking crap service, so much corporate stone walling, so much inept staff, so much bullshit from the middle management....

I'd rather pay for a courier to come and pick up my stuff, than put up with their shit ever again......

+++++++++

"The organisation has also signalled plans to become an e-commerce enabler, setting up lockers from which online shoppers can retrieve their goods."

+++++++++

Unless this is at EVERY post office, it's grasping at straws at best.

+++++++++

Fellows will almost certainly be missed by Redmond, as before her regional role she led Microsoft Australia into the company’s top ten territories by revenue. That effort won her the regional role in 2010.

+++++++++

Ooooooooo the TOP TEN Terrortories, by REVENUE - Ohhhhhhh So she is THE one who is responsible for pricing their software at 2 or 3 times what it costs in the USA... along with the scam of stopping buyers in Australia, buying the product through the USA.....

Rats leaving the sinking ship - from one desperate pack of money grubbing scam artists, to another desperate pack of money grubbing scam artists..... with their idiot ideas about a "digital email box" that would be perhaps marginal at best.

+++++++++

+++++++++

Customer: "Hi my parcel that was supposed to be picked up at the post office, was left by the idiot who delivered, it, with the label marked, "Insured for $5000" on it, next to the letter box on the street - well the contents were stolen while I was at work all day and I want to raise a complaint and get a refund."

Australia Post: "So what are you doing calling us?"

(There really are tribunal cases on record of these events happening)

Satan - she loves suffering and bad vibes.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like