back to article 'Chinese Pirate Bay' taken down after appearance on US blacklist

One of China’s most prolific search engines for pirated content, Gougou, has closed down as the country continues to clean up its act when it comes to intellectual property rights. A search for Gougou.com reveals the following brief message in Chinese and English: Gougou.com has been closed down. Thank you all for your …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Thanks

Thanks for the list! Clearly I am not hacking about as I had never heard of most of them.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

As it should be

The more facilitators of piracy that are taken out, the better. It would be more useful to use drones with missiles to permanently end these peoples misguided ways however.

1. Graham Marsden
      WTF?

Re: As it should be

Over-reacting much?!

2. mhenriday
      FAIL

Re: As it should be

What a pity that this obvious candidate for US Secretary of State/Secretary of Defense has chosen to remain anonymous !...

Henri

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

...and yet linking to infringing content is still absolutely fine for American search engines. But an offence when any non-us search engine does it.

4. Robert Helpmann??
    Childcatcher

Still Fail

What a shame China is only going to approach IP protections currently available in the West! I doubt western countries would be able to implement IP reform fast enough if China leapfrogged them in their support for artists and creative types all started to migrate to the Middle Kingdom. Where the moral argument fails, perhaps a good old fashioned economic loss is apt to get the job done.

This topic is closed for new posts.