back to article END OF THE WORLD IS NIGH: TalkTalk no longer worst ISP in UK

Even Ofcom was surprised to report today that TalkTalk is no longer the UK's number one most bitched about broadband provider. In a sign that the world may actually end this Friday, TalkTalk was ingloriously pushed into second place by Orange. TalkTalk, headed up by one-time jockey Dido Harding, saw its horse finish second in …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. chris 17 Silver badge
    FAIL

so talk talk still provide the worst service?

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Possibly.

These statistics are drawn only from people who complain direct to Ofcom (complaining to TalkTalk or the Ombudsman don't count here). TalkTalk have a policy to refuse to answer any question on how to complain to Ofcom. This is even taken to the extent that if you post Ofcom's phone number or web address on their support forums (http://www.talktalkmembers.com/forums/) it will be silently deleted - seriously, go and have a shot :-/

All this says is that they have managed to reduce the number of people calling Ofcom or filling in the form on their website.

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

Re: Possibly.

"All this says is that they have managed to reduce the number of people calling Ofcom or filling in the form on their website."

Reminds me of a "Quality" training course many years ago. The team exercise was to reduce the number of complaints left by customers to a hypothetical hotel. The winning team's solution was to stop taking any bookings. The lecturer cried foul - but admitted they hadn't broken any of the rules he had set for the exercise.

1. Rampant Spaniel

Or like reducing gp wait times to 24 hours by not letting you book an appointment more than 24 hours away? There is a special place in hell waiting for people who come up with crap like that.

2. MikeHuk
    Meh

Can't be that bad

If only one in three thousand complain it must mean that a hell of a lot of people are satisfied. I joined Talktalk when they started and have always have had good service, particularly as they were the first to introduce really low cost broadband!

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Can't be that bad

No, it means that 2,999 couldn't get though to the Helpdesk because their phone/broadband didn't work.

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

Usually because of a BT Openreach problem.

2. Skoorb

No, it means that one in three thousand succesfully found and filled in this form: https://stakeholders.ofcom.org.uk/tell-us/formal-phone-company

3. Nuke
      FAIL

@MikeHuk (Talktalk Salesman?) - Re: Can't be that bad

Wrote :- "I joined Talktalk when they started and have always have had good service, particularly as they were the first to introduce really low cost broadband!"

I smell a Talktalk salesman - this post sounds like stuff straight from the sales training course. The exclamation mark is a particualr give-away.

Would you happen to be the PoS Talktalk salesman who phoned me, despite my number being on the Telephone Preference Service exclusion list, and (a) Pretended that he had never heard of the TPS; and then (b) claimed that Talktalk was entilted to cold-call BT customers because (as he pretended) it was some kind of BT subsidiary?

I sent a formal complaint about Talktalk to the TPS but of course they do nothing. As least I managed to frighten the bar steward by the time I finished with him.

1. MikeHuk

Re: @MikeHuk (Talktalk Salesman?) - Can't be that bad

I am in fact a retired NHS Nurse and have no connection with Talktalk. Only stating my personal experience.

1. Nuke
          Thumb Up

Wrote :- "I am in fact a retired NHS Nurse and have no connection with Talktalk."

Accepted, and apologies, but do try to avoid posts that sound like sales hype. I am happy with Demon as an ISP, but I know others have had trouble with it and I don't think anyone would think I sound like a salesman of theirs.

2. Anonymous Coward
          Anonymous Coward

Downvote for cheap name, too much like mike hunt.

4. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

It means they're still worse than most of the competition.

3. Mark Wilson

No surprise there

After trying Orange a while back and getting dreadful service, both technical and from customer support, we ended up getting released from our contract after about three months. The view I got was that the call centre in Asia really did not care about the customer.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: No surprise there

I had to go as far as filing a Small Claims court action against Orange (yes I know that's not the proper name for the court).

I was supposed to get free VoIP calls to Europe but the morons couldn't grasp the concept the reason it didn't work was they had the wrong MAC address for my Router in the DB (they even told me the one they had) and apparently it's very complex to change.

Another arrogant little prick of a script monkey told me when I threatened to sue for the non existent service "Our lawyers will be better than yours, so I wouldn't bother"

One letter later and all was resolved i.e. got full refund + expenses and left the contract, Amazing what a letter from a court can do.

Been with O2 who's service has been fantastic.

2. wowfood
      FAIL

Re: No surprise there

We got a call from orange, offering us a new deal which was cheaper than our current one and would enable ADSL2+ so we could get a higher connection speed so we took it.

BUT apparently we aren't in an orange area anymore, and due to the change in contract we were subject to the "not in our area fee" and where we changed our phone line to orange, we again recieved a second "not in our area fee" from the bastards.

It then took nearly an hour on the phone to get through to somebody to sort this crap out. And even then it didn't get sorted because my step dad (buy who pays the bills" accepted their bullshit "we'll refund you the first 6 months" offer they gave him, not thinking that we'll need to change back to a BT line which costs a shit load and the fact that it still makes orange money.

I've been nagging him for the past few years to change to a half decent provider (best down here is sky) but still nothing

4. Anonymous Coward
    FAIL

PlusNet

Even PlusNet, who are usually very good, ruffled my feathers in attempting to offer a fibre broadband without lookup to my rural address, wasting my time waiting on a BT engineer telling me at 8.30pm that I was too far from the exchange, trying to charge me for a fibre service, then trying to double the price of the basic broadband as they "didn't realise I resided so far from the exchange".

Or are they bundled in with the BT complaints?

1. John Smith 19 Gold badge
      Unhappy

Re: PlusNet

PlusNet appear to be a BT subsidary.

Will they turn into a sock puppet?

5. Anonymous Coward
    Holmes

You get what you pay for

Three accounts with Zen. No complaints at all. You really do get what you pay for.

1. Ambivalous Crowboard
      Thumb Down

Re: Three accounts with Zen

I disagree completely. I left them because:

- they kept returning 1 in 10 emails because my sender DNS domain "didn't exist" (they didn't see how this was a problem on their network, not mine)

- their line speed was very poor, after a few complaints I left and went to BT Business and they said "oh yeah, your router's MTU is wrong, it should be this..."

2. Tony Paulazzo
      Happy

Re: You get what you pay for

Three accounts with Zen. No complaints at all. You really do get what you pay for.

With all due respect, nonsense, I've got a BT account, paying half what I should (£23 a month inc line rental for unlimited downloads with 16Mb speed - just ask for your MAC code towards the end of the first year contract and it's amazing what they can suddenly offer you.)

P2p might be slowed in the eve, but I just do that overnight, no problems with online gaming or BBCi / 4OD (living in the wilds of west Yorkshire so hills and green - no option for Virgin cable).

Admittedly, I do live less than a mile from a recently upgraded exchange, but even at 6Mbs before I had few complaints.

6. koopmaster

christmas break, wait till Jan

Customers cant be bothered to complain because its coming up to Christmas.

Wait till January and "TT" will be in the NUMBER 1 charts again.

1. dogged

Re: christmas break, wait till Jan

I dunno. Orange really are vile.

7. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

All of BT's problems could be solved as follows...

1. Ditch the off shore call centres. I fully expect the first few tiers of a call centre to be... let's say... disinterested and disengaged, but no-one at BT's call centres fully understands or can really speak English. And they certainly don't know about broadband or telephones.

2. Ditch the Home Hub 3 and stop running misleading ads about it: it doesn't have the 'best ever' wifi signal, smart wireless doesn't work, lease renewal doesn't work, and the router is buggy as hell. It does look quite nice though.

8. Anonymous Coward
    FAIL

talktalk 'accidentally' charged us for two accounts over 3 years...

1 tweet later (also mentioning our lawyers twitter account in the same tweet):

https://twitter.com/cfpsolutions/status/268327627306180609

1. paulf
      Mushroom

Re: talktalk 'accidentally' charged us for two accounts over 3 years...

The linked tweet shows they owed £3259.61.

You should have petitioned to have them put into "Compulsory Liquidation" as the debt was more than £750.

http://www.bis.gov.uk/insolvency/companies/company-liquidation#5

Tweet was dated 13 Nov, and promise to pay was 3rd Oct; so they have exceeded standard 30 day payment terms.

(IANAL as always!)

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

Re: talktalk 'accidentally' charged us for two accounts over 3 years...

would have been nice if we thought of it at the time... they paid up pretty pronto after that.

funny thing was, after the tweet with the solicitor's mention, every emailed reply had this at the top:

WITHOUT PREJUDICE

That firm is actually our company solicitor's, but I guess they needn't be when it comes to social media ;-)

Openreach... don't get me started. £330 for a hole in the wall:

http://www.openreach.co.uk/orpg/home/products/pricing/loadProductPriceDetails.do?data=ZdqG%2Fxv%2FjSuBEEITnogh5uNOEwQ2%2FKws5WBAVcIlcholMnGHsqdC0vzO163bJmh34D91D7M0q8u%2F%0AIlSgtIFAKw%3D%3D

9. John Sanders
    Devil

Come on guys, Talk-Talk is not that bad...

It just plainly doesn't work.

10. Steve Foster

In the spirit of the season

I'm going to be generous to TalkTalk (though I suspect I might regret it in terms of downvotes).

Bearing in mind that they have been formed by fairly aggressive acquisition (buying various former ISPs like Tiscali, Nildram et al), they have to have been exerting considerable effort to combine all these disparate operations, with concomitant knock-on effects (organisational change isn't easy-peasy!).

That there's a clear downward trend in their complain numbers suggests two possibilities: either they're getting their act together (as the integration efforts reach fruition), or they're bleeding customers heavily.

Personally, I wouldn't touch 'em with a hyper-extended bargepole, but I know some people who are very happy with them.

1. John Smith 19 Gold badge
      Happy

Re: In the spirit of the season

"That there's a clear downward trend in their complain numbers suggests two possibilities: either they're getting their act together (as the integration efforts reach fruition), or they're bleeding customers heavily."

Or perhaps both

IOW They've realised rubbish service -> losing customers -> losing money.

Plausible. No. Possible. Yes.

That's about as close as you'll see me get to the "spirit of the season."

2. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: In the spirit of the season

I know others have had problems with TT, but I've been with them 2 years now and not had a single issue. For me it's either TT or BT at my local exchange and the issues I've had with BT made me go with TT.

My exchange has only just gone 21CN but before that BT only offered ADSL max at twice the price of TTs 22meg service, which being a very lucky 400m from the exchange I get the full 22meg.

As Captain Jack said "one must always choose the lesser of two weevils"

11. Longrod_von_Hugendong
    Facepalm

Its a 2 way street,

i have been with many providers that people say are shit, blah blah blah - i have never had a problem with them at all. Maybe being a competent user helps :D Mind you i do hate offshore call centres as well - especially when they have made up western names, hello my name is Dave - fcuk of is it.

i think this explains it better - http://theoatmeal.com/comics/customer_service

12. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Orange sucks

My mum was on the free broadband with your mobile contract offer. When this was withdrawn she offered to pay for her broadband (moving house soon so didn't need the hassle of finding a new provider) on a monthly basis -- orange said okay, then disconnected her. They said the person who said she could carry on with a rolling monthly contract had left (you what?) and to continue her service she'd have to sign up for an 18 month contract.

A quick call to ofcom, a call back to orange and things were soon put right (although who knows for how long).

13. Mike Brown

could it just be that

everyone has already left? if there are less customers there is going to be less complaints.

1. Loyal Commenter Silver badge

Re: could it just be that

With the exception that these figures are quoted per 1000 customers, so they now have fewer OFCOM complaints per customer. As noted above, it is probably a combination of them trying to get their act together, and the people most likely to complain having left.

Personally, I have had no problems with their customer service, and have been a customer for a number of years. y only gripe is that when I did have to complain about an ADSL fault, there was a 3-4 week wait before they could send an engineer out. Given that this was shorlty after all the flooding in the UK though, it is probably explained by a peak in the number of faults due to that.

2. Terry Barnes
      Stop

Re: could it just be that

You, erm, understand how ratios work?

14. teebie

That's strange

according to these figures, Virgin are good

1. billse10
      Stop

Re: That's strange

figures must be wrong then.

Even for hyper-expensive leased line DIA, virgin media's promised 45-day install took .. wait for it (yes, we certainly did) from late July until mid-February.

If their broadband is like that, the figures are definitely wrong :-)

15. Magister
    Devil

Just a thought

It's all very well collating the data, but do they intend to do anything about it?

(Probably not; after all, that would almsot certainly require a completely new government department.)

1. Terry Barnes

Re: Just a thought

What would you propose they do? The publishing of the figures is action enough in a free market . Consumers can compare price and service and decide which provider meets their needs.

16. Adam Trickett
    Meh

Nildram was good until they became TalkTalk

I use to be a happy Nildram customer. Each take over degraded the service and reduced the cost (marginally). Eventually TalkTalk took them over and the standard was the worst, billing was no good and I switched to The Phone Coop. It took over 6 months, a complaint to Ofcom and an email to the CEO to get rid of them.

I'm glad they are getting better, but considering how terrible they were it should be impossible for them to get any worse!

17. Chris Miller

TalkTalk Business (which I also have arrived at via Nildram) are excellent. On the odd occasion when I've had a problem, you can get straight through to a UK call centre staffed by capable people. Of course, they're not the cheapest option.

I continue to be unsurprised that people choose the cheapest service provider and then find that you can't expect Rolls-Royce service for a Lada price (and that applies to any service, not just Internet access).

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Yes they are

TalkTalk are in fact three disparate companies, TalkTalk Telecom (that does residential), TalkTalk Business (that sells to business and home workers) and TalkTalk Technology (that actually run their network - http://www.talktalktechnology.com/). Technology and Business are half decent when it comes to speed and quality of support and services, it's the residential arm that cuts costs to the bone.

18. davtom

@Chris

However, one should expect the service to work, no matter how much (or how little) you pay for it.

19. John Smith 19 Gold badge
    Unhappy

Note that "industry average" bar and also that there are about 450 ISP's in the UK.

But none of the worst 3 can even manage even the average level.

While Vermin and Sky can

Bottom line. If you want service to improve.

a)Shift to VM or Sky b) Shift to one of the 450+ other ISP's.

They probably don't have offshore call centres and where your subscription may be proportionately more valuable. 1 user among 1million is not much, 1 in 10 000 is likely to receive a bit more attention. It's likely many of the smaller players are regional providers at best but so what? Maybe they don't cover Wales. Big deal if you plan to move to Wales, otherwise who cares. Only covers Derby? Perhaps you've got a bargain (if you live there). Maybe they will roll out further, and so on.

Are all of those other suppliers more expensive? Is it really all about the money?

1. Tom Sparrow
      Boffin

Re: Note that "industry average" bar and also that there are about 450 ISP's in the UK.

From the Ofcom report:

"The ‘industry average’ refers to the average of providers included in the Ofcom research. Complaints about other smaller providers are not included in this average."

Statistically speaking of course, if only the worst three had more than average complaints out of 450 then they would have to be truly appalling.

2. Florence

Re: Note that "industry average" bar and also that there are about 450 ISP's in the UK.

Unfortunately the huge majority of those 450+ ISPs use BT's infrastructure.

If you want (and can get) a BT unbundled line you're left with one of the major players. It's a pity O2/BE don't appear in this study though.

20. b166er

+1 for Zen Internet, pretty much the cream of the crop.

I must add that Freeola have also been excellent and a little cheaper than Zen.

Also, get yourself a proper faceplate and a decent router. (I have found Draytek's to be excellent under most conditions). This alone can make a real difference to latency, throughput and reliability.

thinkbroadband.com has some good comparison material available too.

As someone else said, you REALLY DO get what you pay for.

21. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Optional

I'm with talk talk for my broadband (believe me, they were not 1st, 2nd, 3rd or even 15th choice). My only options on the local exchange for my flat are Orange, Bulldog and a couple of "i've never heard of you" providers and at that only Orange and Bulldog (are this company even still alive?) offered ADSL2 at the exchange, all others were still 1.

I have to say that as it goes they are alright, i get 10mbs, not amazing but atleast it's stable. I'd say in a year it's gone down about 3 times for less than an hour each time. I can't grumble too much given the connection is completely unlimited. I can't speak for their customer service as i've never bothered to call them (with the outages being so short) but their actual service, in my case, has been acceptable.

It's amazing that i can't get a fibre connection in the centre of Nottingham *grumble*.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Optional

I can't get a fibre connection in the centre of Westminster, a few minutes walk from the Houses of Parliament in one direction and Buckingham Palace in the other!

2. Skoorb
      Facepalm

Bulldog Broadband were owned by Cable and Wireless, who sold them to Pipex, who then got borged by TalkTalk.

So, anywhere you see Bulldog (I'm assuming you're looking at the SamKnows exchange checker), it's now TalkTalk.

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

Bulldog no longer Talktalk

Bulldog was sold on by Talktalk to global4, aka Home Telecom.

http://www.global4.co.uk/news.html

"On the 22 December 2011 Global 4 acquired the entire base of Bulldog, the renowned Broadband supplier in the UK. This takes its residential clients to over 10,000 for its new Home Telecom division in just six months."

22. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

not surprised you can't get fibre in the centre of Nottingham. BT are busy spending your money rolling out fibre in rural locations before paying any attention to higher population densities. Doing things the wrong way round, as usual.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Many of the rural areas are being done thanks to part public funding - for example Cornwall where the EU is kicking in 40-50%.

It's time rural areas got thought of - people who are on a crusty ADSL line and strugging to get a few megabits will benefit more than some urbanite in Nottingham.

I'm a rural dweller and I'm glad of it. 71Mbit down, 20Mbit up FTTC is working very well thank you.

23. Corborg

Screaming.net

I can only talk from personal experience. I've been on talk talk for 2 years, I'm getting 14Mb down and 1Mb up over my old copper lines and have never had an outage. I am very close to the exchange though so I'm sure the service would be solid whoever I was with.

24. Tim #3

Talktalk packet sniffing

Aren't Talktalk the ISP that introduced deep packet inspection of all their users' traffic without an opt out too? They sound such a nice company to deal with.

It wouldn't be impossible for them to use the DPI info in order to shape the traffic to Ofcom's website too, but hopefully they are too nice to do that...

25. MegC
    Mushroom

Orange :'(

After being with Orange for 6 months and actually being reduced to the point of phoning them every day for 2 months trying to get my problem fixed (Basically borked ADSL), I eventually decided enough was enough and told them I was terminating the contract as they weren't fulfilling their end.

I was told "You haven't rang us often enough for that to be true", I stated I'd rang everyday for 2 months and their answer was "The calls aren't on our system", I eventually got out of the contract 2 weeks later after I sent them a copy of my telephone bill showing them every call to them and how its not my fault their incompetent staff can't log a call. After that I went with Sky until I moved house and was then in a FTTC area; chose XILO for my ISP and haven't looked back since.

26. Hoe
    Unhappy

This has really surprised me what I hear on hear about Orange, I only say that as many moons ago I worked for their Mobile division and the one thing they always did was pride themselves on customer service.

Obviously not anymore.

27. Fihart

BT Shameful Waste

Found a BT Infinity kit in the rubbish (Huawei Modem, BT Home Hub3 Router and Hard Disk TV Recorder Box). Irritated to realise that the router is locked down so hard that it is, so far, impossible to re-use with another ISP. More irritated to find that the TV Box has Freeview but that only works when connected to router with a valid account.

This contrasts with Sky whose first generation routers could be recycled to use with other ISPs and whose Sky TV boxes continue to provide Freeview even without a Sky account.

There is really no good reason for BT to lock down their gear unless they actually want it to end up in landfill. Shamefully wasteful.

Incidentally, the router -- which current ads seem to claim has especially good range is -- according to accounts, a very ordinary piece of kit and my tests didn't suggest any extra range.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: BT Shameful Waste

None of it should end up in landfill because they'll take it back if you ring them up and ask them.

Why would they leave the kit open - it's for their service, if you stop paying your subscription why would you get to keep it for free and use it with another ISP? You can buy a router or freeview box yourself if you want one not tied to a particular service.

The ads for the router say that it swaps channels automatically to find the clearest frequency, I don't think they talk about range.

28. N2

Im not a Talk Talk salesman either...

People dam Talk Talk, but my experiences are that its actually quite good, just one example: I configured a router for a client who lived beyond the 5.5Km limit and once connected he asked me why he had better service than the BT line in the office less than 2Km from the exchange. To be fair I usually used a DG834 router but they worked well. So I'll probably get thumbs down but Id prefer them over BT.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Im not a Talk Talk salesman either...

Basic rule of a contended service innit, if nobody else on the same exchange is stupid enough to use them then you'll get better throughput.

29. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Don't panic, Don't Panic..

They'll soon win it back.

30. Anonymous C0ward
    Mushroom

And Twinkies were supposed to survive the apocalypse too

We're screwed.

31. MrMister
    FAIL

-=-

Ofcom have received more orange related calls recently because of oranges decision to withdraw free broadband for mobile customers.

I you are (were) on orange, and paying more than £30pcm they would gave you a basic broadband package for free. They decided to withdraw it mid-contract, and many people were quite rightly unhappy.

Orange set up a special department to deal with the complaints, but would flat out refuse to budge on anything.

However, if you rang them up and quoted an ofcom complaint reference number, they would instantly do a u-turn and re-instate your 'free' broadband, that you are paying for as part of your mobile contract.

There is a huge thread about it on moneysavingexpert.com and this is what has swayed the ofcom complaints figures recently.

32. MR J

My Experience

I once had emails getting rejected from TT's servers. They were open to listening and searching for this fault from their end. The "recovery" options they have for passwords and account details is great. I have found that when they say "we will call you back" they actually mean it.

I can only directly compare them (who I deal with) against virgin media cable (who I deal with) and can tell you that as a "customer" TT tend to be a lot better. When you go through nearly 20 staff members (all second level tech) at VM before you find one who understands how a modem works then you begin to feel like your fighting a battle that cant be won.

What I have found is that TT will not give you kickbacks like VM... I received nearly 3 months free once on VM when trying to get things fixed, but when there is a problem with TT they just want you to wait it out. I guess the other problem is that when there is a line fault they are reluctant to call out the BT team to fix it, so perhaps because I have not had a "major" fault on the BT side is why my TT experience is good.

I have not dealt with the other providers (with the exception of the odd call to BT).

33. Grubby

Q3 2012

The results published are for Q3 of 2012 which show that between May and August TalkTalk are no longer worst ISP, sounds good, what it doesn't say is that in August TalkTalk made the whole team who deal with complaints redundant because they were based in Warrington near Manchester earning about £21k per year, so that they could move them to a site in Stornoway (a Scottish island) because the agents there are willing to accept as little as £14k a year because there's very little work there due to the island being so remote, this move was heavily funded by the Scottish government, but the island so remote that it's actually very difficult to find people to do the jobs which meant people were turning up to interviews in their school uniforms.

The result of this means that complaints are no longer being handled by agents with an average tenure of 9 years, they're being done by 16 year olds who have worked at the company for a few months. Staff turnover is so high that the company are struggling to back fill so have come up with another genius plan, send complaints to India! Yes, the people who work on customer service (and generate the complaints) now deal with the complaints they created in the first place. But the staff have been 'trained', well, they were sent an update in the weekly comm's email and have a template to make sure they ask the right questions and say the right things, they even include statements to assure the customer they're 'doing the needful'. So it's all covered.

34. Alan Brown Silver badge

TT have a local complaints desk?

That's...... interesting.

If you get an indian helldesk and ask to speak to a manager, they claim that they're the people who handle all complaints aboud the call centre.

WRT Orange beating out TT, it's no great surprise. I had to help out a fellow staff member a couple of years back when she wanted to move away from Orange due to abysmal service which was preventing her from home working. Orange refused point blank to give her a MAC, then denied they'd done so, while still refusing to provide one. In the end she resorted to ceasing her line entirely and ordering a new one from BT.

TT's call centres are atrocious and I wouldn't talk to them without a recorder running, but their connections are fairly reliable and 99% of _technical_ problems I've had (and seen others report) are down to rotten cable plus BT openreach shtting people around (I have ongoing problems down to bad street cables which openreach techs by and large try to fix by moving things to the "least bad" pair, instead of actually fixing the fault properly.)

That's changing recently with their "geek squad" and TV rollouts (There are increasing numbers of complaints about both) and I fully expect to see BT Vision eclipsed by TT's Youview offerings shortly - the reason they haven't shown up yet is that the rollout happened after August.

On the billing/sales side, TT are rotten but no more so than any other large incompetent org. Just remember to keep that recorder running when speaking to any business. They're recording you after all.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like