back to article Many Xbox 360s fail within three months

Electronics warranty firm SquareTrade has already claimed that the Xbox 360 has a 16.4 per cent of breaking down, but more stats released by the firm show that the console is most likely to fail during its first three months of use. The figures are based on its recent study into Xbox 360 failures, which examined 1040 …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Rob
    Happy

Never had a major problem with my elite

I can hnoestly say I've only ever had one rrod and that was due to the mains not being correctly in the back and I've had my from Sept last year, I might just be lucky

Rob

2. Anonymous Coward
    Stop

And the "Misleading Title of the Year Award" goes to...

This article. Seriously - you make it sound like every Xbox 360 ever made will probably fail in 3 months. Possibly should have included a "which" in there somewhere.

3. Mark
    Gates Horns

Hmm

Are these calculations statistically significant? Seems quite a small sample over quite a short period of time.

That may explain why everyone else is claiming around 30% real world numbers. (except those on the Microsoft FUD train, who still believe Microsofts claimed 5%).

4. Anonymous Coward
    Gates Halo

Mine's fine

All of my friend's 360's are fine, mine's fine, had it just over a year, and mine's the newest out of us lot. My brother's is RRoD but that's 2 years old.

PS2s, I had loads of. 360s, I haven't. Pourquoi?

5. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Down

A new mainboard by MS, now broken again & they won't touch it

I had 3 red lights & subsequently got MS to fix it about 3 months back. They replaced the mainboard, its now Red lighted again & they say they will not fix it....

How do i know it wasn't a duff or refurb mainboard they put in it? Absolutely disgusted with MS & so glad I gave up my IT job last year ! W@nkers. The old Xbox 1 is still working like the day I got it....2002

Currently using the PS3 for games but I think gameplay is way better on the Xbox unfortunately

6. James Pickett (Jp)

Just me then

My first one failed within exactly three months, but I've forgiven it :-)

7. George
    Coat

Well now the numbers are out

Well I remember from the other article about the xbox getting the RRoD caught on the BBC. What's his face said that 16% (and seems like he's right about this number) was good. Well it seems that according this article SquareTrade doesn't see it as good!

LOL anyways we all know that those stupid extended warranties are only profitable when nothing happens. But it seems like its costing them a lot.

Oh well.. what I'd like to see is a comparison between the xbox, playstation and nintendo consoles. Just to see over all how much difference is between microsoft and the others. If it's not so large then OK .. but if the difference is huge.. then microsoft is, in the words of Steve Jobs from the Triumph of the Nerds documentary, "giving us 3rd rate products."

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like