back to article Watchdog sues US Justice Department over Google chatter

The Electronic Frontier Foundation thinks it's mighty suspicious that Jayne Horvath left the US Department of Justice for a privacy gig at Google. On Tuesday, the net-minded public watchdog filed suit (PDF) against the DoJ, demanding records of conversations that took place between Horvath and Google before she defected to the …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. JK
    Paris Hilton

First* post!

Kickbacks, perhaps? I mean, softening a subpoena and then being offered a high paying cushy job at what might become one of the most important corporations (arguably already...) on the internet... Microgoogle.

*First post, that I know of, that is. Apologies to the true first poster if I'm wrong.

2. Brian
    Joke

Interesting to the Point of Travesty

If one were to be so lucky as to have been a fly on the wall during the initial meeting between Google and our flighty DOJ advocate. The often pronounced phrase of "in your best interests" could not be more appropriate. How is it that our system allows the most informed individual whom our populace confides their desire to prevent the mangling of a justice system, is so quickly, and obviously, lured away with the promises of their child's private education and perhaps, trust fund.

We all know Google has the monetary power to influence the individuals who find themselves in extrapersonal decision making processes. But to allay themselves of this fact for the public to fail to ridicule is more of a commentary on we as watchdogs. Why hire individuals to work against the system who are only in the system to find the chance to sell out to that very same benefactor of said system?

It's too simple, too easy to see through this. Google obviously hires the best... of the best... that can tweek the mindsets against them. The system works.

Again.

3. Ole Juul

DOJ breaks law

would be a more sensational, but true, headline. The EFF is also asking for legal costs in the suit. This could be fun, but I beleive that the DOJ is probably above the law, so this will just fizzle.

4. I. Aproveofitspendingonspecificprojects
    Unhappy

Anyone for Tenex?

We seem to forget where ex chancellors of our exchequer end up and how many ex PMs get jobs in Pennsylvania Avenue or is that a secret?

5. Chad H.
    Stop

First?

I think thats the first time I've seen someone claim first here.

6. J-Wick
    Linux

Re: First?

Is this El Reg or Fark.com?

7. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

DOJ

The DOJ should be renamed to...The Department of Justice We Please.

It's nothing but a home for substandard lawyers and government wonks who can't get a real job.

NOTE: I can't find the single finger salute in your choice of icons????

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like