back to article Assange: Google, Facebook run 'side projects' for US spooks

WikiMartyr-in-waiting Julian Assange has emitted another screed in which he shares his belief that democracy is being dangerously undermined by government monitoring of the internet, and that Facebook and Google are helping those efforts. Chatting with RT, Assange has outlined his belief that nations now conduct surveillance …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Thorne

Already doing it

When a couple of idiots set their status to "Getting ready to DESTROY America" and then try to hop on a plane only to get a body cavity search and tossed in the clink.

Clearly their status triggered an alarm.

1. LarsG
      Meh

Monitoring

He'll, they've been at it for years, the proof...

Just send a few emails to yourself with terrorist content and trigger words in them then count the hours or minutes before a plain van parks up outside your house.

Send some more emails but up the ante in the content, count the minutes before your door is being kicked in.

GCHQ is listening.

1. Elmer Phud

Re: Monitoring

"Just send a few emails to yourself with terrorist content and trigger words in them then count the hours or minutes before a plain van parks up outside your house."

Tried it several times - never worked.

I guess they need a tad more than someone arseing about a bit.

1. Thorne

"I guess they need a tad more than someone arseing about a bit"

Use words like Obama, bomb, jihad...

Oh shit a van just pulled up out the front

2. Scorchio!!

...and you know this because(?).

3. Uncle Hank
        Holmes

Didn't there used to be an Emacs 'plugin' for that?

4. garbo
        Big Brother

A pal used to do this years ago on Usenet, adding "terrorist, assassination, explosives" to his sig. Got regular visits from local plod, who eventually gave up. Echelon sees all.

2. 142
      Megaphone

Re: Already doing it

Those idiots posted that publicly on twitter. There was no spying involved. If you look at who normally uses that phrase, you'll see it's used exclusively as a call to arms at the end of statements by militant Islamists. OF COURSE the US are going to keep a database of people saying that publicly. It would be remiss of them not to.

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

Nah, I reckon Gmail and any website that uses Google hosted javascript is listened to. I definitely do not trust the Facebook injected javascript behind the little 'f' present on much of the web.

Anecdotally, a few years beck the police turned up at the office one morning as someone there had recounted a story of a bloke wandering about with a gun via his gmail account. No one admitted to calling them, so unwarranted interference and a knee-jerk response in absence of the full knowledge was the implication. SIP phones would still appear to be pretty safe however. It's not that they aren't listened to (probably), just that they're difficult to locate if you haven't registered the location with the provider.

1. Scorchio!!

Does this mean that you use Facebook?

3. Alan Firminger

Eight years ago I did a creative writing course. We shared our work as attachments to emails.

My contributions often contained gibberish, well I liked them. About half of these disappeared in transit.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Precious little evidence?

"There's plenty more in the same vein in the video below, but precious little evidence", elReg

Well, doh ! .. but do tell me, what all this shiny equipment is going to be used for?

Court Upholds Google-NSA Relationship Secrecy ..

Top NSA General says this new two $billion spy center will definitely not snoop on Americans ..

Snoopers charter will .. let state spy on websites, emails and texts

Who is William Binney ..

Who is French company AMESYS' 'EAGLE' ..

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Precious little evidence?

there's loads of evidence to support the idiot assange. The fact that he's an idiot doesn't mean that DPI boxes aren't going in everywhere, and that everything even slightly digital will soon be traceable, in time, place and reconstructable and prosecutable in any future. Luckily I trust my government at the moment, I respect the current Home Office, but the systems that they are building could be horribly mis-used by a near future bunch of malevolents. Look at the mild establishment f**k-up by "The Consulting Association" who maintained the employment blacklist for decades... their intelligence-led database shenanigans are but a nano-implementation of the wrongs that may be wrought by the perfect digital memory that represents the globalisation of UKUSA since 1956

obligatory reference - http://www.nsa.gov/public_info/declass/ukusa.shtml - obviously PROPORTIONALITY is the keyword to which they are blind, and upon which there seems little informed debate.

3. mafoo
    Devil

Old news

This is old news, what's a better story is how easy access to private and public social media made the secret services lazy and drop the ball a few years back.

1. ItsNotMe
      Mushroom

Re: Old news

Yep. The US FBI had "Carnivore" in operation way back in 1997 FFS. What's so new about government spying on Internet traffic?

And besides...governments have been spying on citizens for hundreds, if not thousands, of years.

Why does this arseh0le keep getting press attention anyway? Die Julian...please...just die.

1. Matt Bryant Silver badge
        Devil

Re: Re: Old news

".....Die Julian...please...just die." Why ruin the fun? Nothing shows up the militant hippies than when one of their messiahs is exposed, and on comedy value alone St Juless is priceless asset.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

True, all true...

But Julian is still an arse.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: True, all true...

Problem is, even an arse has its' uses. Assange is of no use at all, from what I can see. Man's a complete oxygen thief. I cannot believe they're still giving the disgusting little troll airtime.

Also, just noticed: Look at the first three letters of his name.

Case closed.

1. Chris007
        Joke

"Also, just noticed: Look at the first three letters of his name.

Case closed."

JUL - sorry, don't see it myself

2. ed2020
        Thumb Down

The possessive form of "its" does not require an apostrophe.

Must try harder.

2. Alpha Tony

'But Julian is still an arse.'

I'd say he's more of a dick and those guys are arseholes.

And we need dicks to f*ck arseholes, or they cover us in sh*t.

But dicks also f*ck pussies... which is why he is wanted in Sweden.

3. Mostly_Harmless Silver badge

Agreed.

I can't stand the fact that he's getting the oxygen of publicity...although what really hacks me off is that he's still getting the oxygen of oxygen.

5. Mondo the Magnificent
    Facepalm

Fear Factor?

Assange's biggest fear is having nothing to fear at all.. so open the floodgates of the obvious and tell the connected world what it either knows or suspects anyway...

1. Richard Jones 1
      WTF?

Re: Fear Factor?

And to think I thought he was on a real mission to cure the world of insomnia via his stupid ravings.

His visceral hate is about his only guiding 'principle'.

While it has landed him in 'darkness shrouded London' where the conditions are so bad that poor wilting flowers suffer, the rest of the population gets on with their lives untroubled.

Is there a lesson there somewhere?

1. Scorchio!!
        Angel

Re: Fear Factor?

I think that we should lock Assange up with fluffy the cat ( http://www.nationmaster.com/encyclopedia/Meow-Wars ) and see what happens.

(Yeah, I know, html tags will kill me though.)

6. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

So he's better now?

I thought he was ill, he should be in bed resting (his voice)

7. JaitcH
    WTF?

It doesn't harm to give neophytes a head up now and again ...

Judging by the great unwashed using Facebook and hanging the entrails of their lives on public washing lines for all to see little wonder a large segment has no concern about privacy.

Spooks will only find airheads using social web sites. For years drug dealers have been using Lonely Planet, a BBC Worldwide company, but seemingly they have more reliable communications now.

Bin Laden and Company are well versed in secure communications, along with IUDs, etc. They were tapping into the plain video feeds for the longest time using a handy dandy Russian software offering available for a few pounds.

THIS is the why Cameron and May are so short-sighted/dumb because the people they have an interest in are way ahead of the game with PGP and now Silent Circle. RIM was always handy for passing cryptic messages but what with a server in the UK, UK badboys should be using alternate means.

And 1,600,000,000 for a pile of electronics that is far more expensive than that networked system used by the FBI. No government can prevent surreptitious communications, they can only make a little more difficult. They have lost the battle before they have started..

But at least with the millions of CCTV cameras and number plate readers blighting the countryside, at least the spooks will have something to watch during working hours, even it is just re-runs of how the badboys did an end run around Plod and GCHQ.

Meanwhile, social programs including the NHS are denuded of funding, the elderly have to make lifestyle decisions between having light, having heat or eating cat or dog food. Take the 'Great' of Great Britain.

If you don't want freedom fighters expressing their annoyance with bLIAR sticking his nose in to Arab disputes, just ignore the stupidities. Bin Laden won, the US is broke, financially and morally, and they are still a bunch of nervous Nellies waiting for the next surprise.

1. Alfred

"Bin Laden and Company are well versed in ... IUDs"

Commonly, the view of such people is well against women taking control of their own fertility and I'd be surprised if they were "well-versed" in such things :)

1. Robert Grant
        FAIL

Re: "Bin Laden and Company are well versed in ... IUDs"

women taking control of their own fertility

They don't let women have tubal ligations? Isn't that what a lot of women prefer, because it's easier and safer for the guy to have a vasectomy?

Or are you talking about abortions? Nothing to do with fertility.

1. Alfred

Do you know what an IUD is? If not, please look it up. If you do, what are you talking about abortion and tubal ligation for?

2. Naughtyhorse
        Joke

tru nuff

still a damn sight better informed than yuor average republican presidential nominee :-D

3. dssf

Wow.... Been ages since I came across the term Intra-Uterine Device.

I imagine some agency somewhere has a nutty analyst who coins the terms:

-- SMEG, Systematic Mining of Enigmatic Gems...

-- SPECULUM, Systematic Purging of Communications having Undertones of Life-Undermining Messages

-- CLAMP, Communications Logging, Analytics of Message Parties

-- PILL, Penetrate, Infiltrate, Lust, and Log

NO! I won't owe anybody ANY keyboards!

2. Matt Bryant Silver badge
      FAIL

Re: It doesn't harm to give neophytes a head up now and again ...

"....Bin Laden and Company are well versed in secure communications...." Bin Laden thought he was, right up to the point where he got some really bad lead interference. Now all he's good at it is being crab bait. Surprisingly, Bin Laden still thought he was going to live a lead-free life long after many of his fellow communicators had been tracked down and sent to Gitmo or received drone fly-byes due to the holes in their coms. But don't let a little reality intrude in your ranting.

1. This post has been deleted by its author

2. Naughtyhorse

lol you really believe that AQ was a conventional organisation don't you, poor thing!

It was just an agency. OBL stayed 'lead free' cos that's the deal he made with the great satan. he lives free and easy for the entire bush presidency, not trying too hard to stay hidden, (while certain defence contractors make beeeelions out of merkin paranoia) then leadership changed, all deals were off, pretty soon he was dead. not hard to join those dots.

in so far as I've seen the overwhelming majority of those in gitmo are a) innocent b) footsoldiers - so all in all well worth the expenditure of the US's entire reputation (such as it was) on the world stage.

so that's US 0 - Islam 2 by my reckoning.

yeah they hate us cos we're free!

1. Matt Bryant Silver badge
          FAIL

Re: Re: It doesn't harm to give neophytes a head up now and again ...

"lol you really believe that AQ was a conventional organisation don't you....." Oh, I'm feeling pretty confident I know more than you do about AQ, its structure, its alliances, and the hangers on it garners, expecially amongst impressionable twits like yourself that want to appear all hip'n'rebellious. Exactly the same type of twit you see wearing a Che T-shirt whlst being unable to even spell his surname.

".....OBL stayed 'lead free' cos that's the deal he made with the great satan...." Seriously? I'd like to think the tinfoil is so tight it's cut off the circulation to your brain, but it seems your brain was so damaged by what you thought was an education that the tinfoil is irrellevant.

"....then leadership changed, all deals were off....." Yes, because Obambi stopped buying any weapons, right? Oh, except that didn't change at all. Indeed, drone strikes were increased under Obambi's watch, the F-35 program swelled to even bigger scales, and the USN got approval for even bigger carriers. The Reg's pages have been full for the past few years with tales of Yank projects including laser-toting Jumbo jets, USN railguns, microwave "crowd control" devices and secret shuttles aka Aurora. Yeah, Obambi really shut down that whole military complex, didn't he - NOT!

".....in so far as I've seen....." Your comprehension issues are not my problem, probably just your family's embarrassment.

".....so that's US 0 - Islam 2 by my reckoning....." Your reckoning would be much improved if you managed to convey you have even enough mental ability to count to three.

".....yeah they hate us cos we're free!" Ironically, it gives me a warm glow inside to think that our freedoms mean even twits like you can spew such frothing rants.

1. Naughtyhorse
            Facepalm

Ah its matt (or should that be mitt :-D)

first off: Guevara - no i dont have the tee shirt and persnly preferred the poster with the cool black chick with a massive afro smoking a chillum, so i didnt even have that poster on the wall at uni.

so eat shit and die on that one

now to business...

where to begin

okay... AQ;

invented by uncle sam so they could use rico laws to pursue OBL - now where would i get such bollocks??

oh yes, from one William Jefferson Clinton, backed up by one Donald Henry Rumsfeld. although I'm prepared to admit that Mitt,,, er I mean Matt is a much greater authority on the actions of the merkin government than either of these two know nuthin hicks.

The AQ mantle was seized upon up by OBL on account of the notoriety afforded by the aforementioned anti-american revolutionaries. Fundamentalist Islam was never interested in taking the fight to the yanks, or any infidels, they neither liked or trusted OBL, but he did have a shitload of cash and the management skills to help them out with guns and training and stuff, so they humored him. but even now all Hezbollah or the Mujaheddin are interested in is the battle with their own people in their own borders.

so AQ was never 100's of covert cells with sleepers embedded in countries (for the decades before the inception of the organisation - duh) it was a couple of middle management types with satellite phones and Swiss bank accounts. and that's ALL it ever was - but it's a kind of a big ask to stage 2 phoney wars, in the wrong countries just to take out a couple of PHB's

As for the timing of OBL's exit, go on then you explain why the best army in the world (USA! fuck yeah!) took 10 years to find him. Shirley it makes a little more sense that they weren't really looking for the first 7 years. (sorry forgot who I was speaking to! lol sense... as if)

I didn't say obama shut off the spigot of US defence spending, i just pointed out he was never party to the deal bush did with OBL, ergo had no reason to not to find him and terminate with extreme prejudice.

I agree with you it's WAY more than 2-0 to islamic fundamentalists - i was trying to spare your feelings :-) must be tough for you to have had the ass you so lovingly used as a hat all these years handed to you by the merkin public (shouldn't that be merkin pubic?)

I'm free m8, i don't live in the states :-)

1. Anonymous Coward
              Anonymous Coward

TA;DR

2. Matt Bryant Silver badge
              FAIL

Re: Re: It doesn't harm to give neophytes a head up now and again ...

"....so i didnt even have that poster on the wall at uni....." So you envied stereotypical cool, just didn't have the cajones to hang the poster on your wall? Was that Wallflower Uni?

"....so eat shit and die on that one...." Oooh, touchy! Did that one hit a little too close to the mark? IQ-of-Nought-Horse has a temper.

".....invented by uncle sam so they could use rico laws to pursue OBL...." LOL! Clinton used RICO to go after AQ's money and the banks that handled his cash transfers. You may have noticed, in between chillums, there was this event called "Nine-Eleven?" It was a terrorist attack on the US by AQ that was funded by the transfer of considerable sums of money. By enacting RICO, Clinton got the legal tools to shut down AQ's ability to transfer money. This reduced the jihadis' ability to operate outside and even inside Pakistan and Afghanistan. As you note, OBL was an organiser with lots of cash, but using RICO meant OBL couldn' t make best use of that cash. Did Clinton and co fudge the case to be able to use RICO? Probably, but I can't say I'm too upset by the results.

"....Fundamentalist Islam was never interested in taking the fight to the yanks...." OBL himself admitted in countless sermons to his drones that he first thought of the movement and started planning after being upset at US troops being stationed in Saudi. His founding aim was to drive all "infidels" out of Saudi Arabia, especially US troops. As to fundamental Islam, since it says that jihad must be waged until EVERYONE has converted or submitted to the rule of Islam, it's pretty much been head-on with the West since before the USA even existed.

"....and that's ALL it ever was...." <Sigh> So all those training camps in Afghanistan and Pakistan were just figments of the CIA's imagination? Are you eating the tinfoil and wearing the koolaid?

"....why the best army in the world (USA! fuck yeah!) took 10 years to find him...." Because he as hidden by so-called allies in Pakistan's ISI. He didn't exactly sit under a neon sign saying "OBL is here", you twonk.

"....I didn't say obama shut off the spigot of US defence spending, i just pointed out he was never party to the deal bush did with OBL, ergo had no reason to not to find him and terminate with extreme prejudice...." You said Bush only created AQ (but then you said it was Clinton) to help the "military complex", comrade. If that was true (which requires 9-11 to be also a figment of Bush's imagination) then Obambi would not need to keep the arms industry happy and would have cut military spending. And Obambi had every reason to whack OBL - he needed to look tough on those that would attack America.

"....it's WAY more than 2-0 to islamic fundamentalists...." Yes, becasue Bush, Rumsfeld and everyone you reflexively rant against are the ones that have been droned or are locked up in Gitmo, and OBL and his chums are dancing in the Whitehouse. Oh, hold on a sec - it's the AQ chappies that are worm food, in Gitmo, or hiding in caves! Did that happen to pass you bye too? You really must leave your "Islamic Revolutions for Dummies" alone and watch more news.

8. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Publicity hound

ASSange just can't get enough media coverage. He acts like a drug addict.

9. eurobloke
    Alien

AssangeTM & Icke

Is it me, or am I thinking AssageTM is turning into a 21st century version of David Icke?

Alien - Next thing he would say, is that Kate's new baby is just a way in keep the lizards in power.

1. Chris007

Re: AssangeTM & Icke

"Alien - Next thing he would say, is that Kate's new baby is just a way in keep the lizards in power."

I love a good conspiracy theory and they do say this! Apparently they need some "outside" DNA to enable them to keep the shape shifting working - it's why Diana was brought in and why Kate was. Brilliant stuff...

My favourite conspiracies / theories I've read this year.

The expanding earth theory (google it - wow, that is some theory)

Barack Obama is president as a thank for taking part in the Mars program. Apparently they get to Mars via a Stargate [I kid you not] - again google for it and read

1. Naughtyhorse
        Thumb Up

excellent stuff!

2. dssf

There is nothing to fear.... All my children are safe. We are blessed, and i as your Queen shall protect you. Tranquility, no harm, no suffering... I am your Queen, feel my Bliss... We are of peace -- Always....

Seems earth needs an Anna, hehehehe. Was not there a conspiracy about governments putting calming agents into roll-on deodorant, in food ans water, and into ventilation systems? Wait til we face the PAX. Not surw what is worse, though: Pax, Packleds, Kazon, or Vidiians.... Any or all of those could be our future. Once we start looking like those mutants, dating will be a thing of the past, hehehe....

2. Chris 3

No. Icke is clearly a delusional kook who needs help and perhaps therapy. Assange may be an egotistical publicity junky, but I have little doubt that the broad thrust of his argument is sound (and is fairly unsurprising, to be honest). I'm personally glad that he is around to make a noise about it.

They're quite different.

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

I'm personally glad that he is around to make a noise about it.

I'm not, because he drowns out sensible people.

3. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

21st century version of David Icke == David Icke.

He's still going strong and is known for regularly doing 12+ hour lectures to large, packed out venues.

1. Naughtyhorse
        Holmes

I cant figure out what proportion go there to take the piss. The guy is clearly a category 5 nutbar (i mean proper delusional) so it's hard to imagine that that many people really believe him (tho some might still be waiting for the snooker to start)

makes me 50/50 sad and angry that he's walking around. (apart from anything else he's going to fuck up all the plans me and my scaly brethren have been hatching these last few millennia)

Assange by contrast 'merely' suffers from a personality disorder, which can be seen as reasonably logical just on the basis of his educational experience, irrespective of how far off the beaten track he was as an individual to start with.

but in terms of value to society at large, Assange wins hands down.

1. Sir Runcible Spoon

Have you read his books? One of them was sitting on the shelf for years unread, so I decided to have a look. Apart from the really way-out stuff like lizards, it was remarkably prescient as to our current circumstances in the Western world.

Makes you wonder about the 'other' stuff too.

1. Naughtyhorse

Sadly i was at a rally he inveigled himself into, and ended up listening to him bang on for hours about.... fuck knows what really - prince Philip killing Diana cos she was going to stop him fucking children in kids homes or something, so I'm afraid i disagree - he's totally barking.

absolutely hatstand

10. toadwarrior
    Trollface

The worst thing about this is the people providing the most data are basement dwelling fandroids. I hate to see US tax payer money wasted on tracking 40 year old virgins.

11. Velv
    Black Helicopters

So the governments are spying on the people, what's new?

So modern technology makes it easy for them to gather LOTS of data for analysis.

The Internet has already proven it is beyond governments - it cannot be silenced, and most people are now MORE free from government tyranny than ever before (I say most, as I know there are regimes in the world that aren't free).

We should be worried about government spying. But we should be just as worried about media and Internet spin - these are the things that will surpass government influence, going directly to the people, stirring up a frenzy at the editor (or owners) whim. You're worried about the government. Be more worried what the people spy on.

1. Chris007
      Unhappy

@Velv 0759 GMT

Media spin is definitely a worry.

Ask your friends how many are aware that there is still major rioting in Greece and Spain over the Euro Crisis or who won Celebrity and see how many know the answer to the 2nd question :(

1. Chris 3

Re: @Velv 0759 GMT

Hardly surprising. After the first 6 months, continued rioting simply isn't news. Sure, it's important but from a newspaper's point of view there is nothing new to report or analyse. You really can't have a page 5 lead every day saying 'rioting continues'.

2. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

beyond government control

Anyone who thinks the internet will remain uncontrolled is lacking in ambition. All it takes is for enough resources to be put in place. I give it 10 years.

12. nuked
    Alien

Where's amanfrommars when you need him?

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

I thought amanfrommars

was Assange issuing coded commands to his deciples

13. Anonymous Coward
    Unhappy

I don't know why Julian is complaining. If I were someone on whichever government's bad side, I would absolutely love for monitoring of and by places like Facebook, Google, etc., as the very noise level would give some measure of concealment. Furthermore, that's almost certainly a direct drain on the budget that might be spent more effectively elsewhere. So, in the interest of all the other terrorists and would-be gadflies of the world, please just shut up!

14. tony
    Happy

Has he been watching Person of Interest in between self abuse sessions?

15. Winkypop Silver badge
    Facepalm

Sorry Jules

You lost me at the conspiracy theory bit, pretty much all of it really.

16. Psyx
    Facepalm

What he really means

...in layman's terms is

"LOOKATMELOOKATMELOOKATME!"

17. EddieD

"if you're willing to endure about 13 minutes of Assange in full flight"

No.

I'm nearly 50, my life is ebbing away, I've got better things to do with my life

18. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Where is the little scrote these days?

Still held up in the Ecuadorian embassy or has he managed to flee the country?

1. This post has been deleted by its author

2. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Where is the little scrote these days?

Oh, beware, those actually stupid or naive enough to believe in Assange or what he says are having a "Downvote Button Bonanza" on this topic..

More importantly, where is the moral and legal support that Assange promised Bradley Manning?

1. Psyx
        Thumb Up

"More importantly, where is the moral and legal support that Assange promised Bradley Manning?"

Umm... he spent it on himself, like the self-serving little turd he is?

1. Scorchio!!
          Happy

I expect that he has take delivery of a huge consignment of PGP encrypted condoms. ;->

19. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

The master of the obvious pointing out the obvious, yet again.

Of course Facebook and Google are data mined and watched by Intelligence agencies, its not just the big bad USA doing it either, I'm sure its just whoever can pay them enough to hand over their internal data, and with Google's notorious secrecy about how their back end works, Im sure that takes quite a bit of money. And I'm sure they're quite well surveyed illegally as well.

Hell believe it or not across the AUSCANNZUKUSA countries Open Source Intelligence is considered a full-blood actual intelligence discipline now. Has its own general Cryptonyms and everything. Don't ask me, I dunno how it happened and I obviously wasn't invited to the party that decided that because I think its a load of crap, a huge waste of time and people, who could actually be working on something a little more important. There is little useful in Blogging and Social Networking, the two corners of the web where most OSINT focus seems to be. I'm sorry but analyzing trending tweets as a fucking job just really sounds like a load of garbage to me, call me old school and stubborn I guess.

Now on the other hand, with raw search patterns as well as all of the metadata Google has on a particular user's account, MAC, and/or IPv4/IPv6 address yes, you can determine quite a bit. To say the least. But really, you shouldn't be too surprised Intelligence Agencies the world over are watching that (and for a hefty price) considering what Google's spider was adapted from. A decent enough compartmented intelligence database indexing system can apparently be adapted to fling ads at individual users as well as set up ways to profile them 6 ways to sunday with ease. Who woulda thunk it?

It seems to me Julian's just being paranoid, like usual. Par for the course with him. He also may be sweating a bit since numnbnuts Manning rolled over on Wikileaks to his Court Martial.

20. Anons anon

You can't really blame NSA et. al. for taking a quick peek at what YOU yourself put online, now can ya? Oh wait, you could of course stop publishing every inane thought you have online. There ya go Julian, problem solved!

21. Purlieu

one word

Echelon

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

another word

PROMIS

22. Chris 228

Typical Assange

Attention seeker.

23. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

How to set up global intercept in 3 easy steps

1 - Offer free services. WhatsApp, viber, iMessage..

2 - Just say you do no evil

3 - Start a culture of "sharing" and call it "social media"

There, that wasn't so hard now, was it?

24. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

The truth IS out there!

Assange may well be an Aussie twatburger but don't write him off as not knowing what he's talking about.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like