back to article News International big boss flings himself overboard

News International boss Tom Mockridge resigned on Sunday less than two years after taking the chief exec role following the departure of Rebekah Brooks. Her exit in July 2011 marked the height of the phone-hacking scandal that engulfed the Rupert Murdoch-owned British newspaper biz. He will move on from News Int'l at the end …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. John G Imrie

"absolutely and entirely his own"

Translation: Please ignore the footprint on the back of his trousers.

2. spiny norman
    Thumb Up

Homage to Robert Maxwell?

In the headline? A media mogul who really did know how to fling himself overboard.

1. Naughtyhorse

Re: Homage to Robert Maxwell?

lol maxwell, still laugh everytime i pass a jewsons

(joke - he was found clutching a note - better get a new jewson handrail an 1/2 dozen jewson screws)

3. mrfill
    Go

The Apprentice - script revision

Failed contestants will now be told "You've decided to quit absolutely and entirely on your own"

Doesn't quite have the same ring....

4. Lord Elpuss Silver badge

"Deciding to quit entirely on his own" - his decision was completely separate from the fact that we have his wife and children hostage and security at the office have orders to shoot him on sight if he returns.

5. Eponymous Cowherd
    Unhappy

Shame he didn't do it properly

Like Maxwell!!

6. Tom 38

Damn, I was hoping he'd done a Maxwell and actually flung himself overboard.

Not that Maxwell is dead, he's living it up Israel with his Mossad buddies.</tinfoilhat>

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

@Tom 38

a few years ago I attended a talk by someone who new Captain Bob quite well.

He too believes that he's not dead.

His reasoning was that he had seen said Bob many times in the week leading up to the 'incident' and then he was present at the funeral in Israel.

He claimed that coffin was too small to accomodate Captain Bob, and that there werent enough pall-bearers to support the weight of the Bob he knew.

1. Alan Firminger

Re: @Tom 38

There was no coffin.

2. Naughtyhorse

nahh mate!

he spent a fortune on that plot on the hill in gethsemame (dead sea pedestrians being noted for being 'careful' with money... well their own money at least) - thinking he was shortening his final journey... turned out he was just making it longer.

(still scandalises me that that fucker could steal all that cash and leave it to his retard offspring and that somehow legal.... WTF!!!)

7. ColonelClaw
    Coat

I was thinking...

That Rupert Murdoch, he's getting on in years now. I was thinking that surely he'd like to see out the twilight years of his existence by relaxing a little bit more, maybe quitting the business entirely? He could have a far more enjoyable time relaxing on the beach than sitting in boardrooms, or perhaps he could take up some new hobbies? Hey, it's never too late to learn a new language, take up painting or possibly go travelling.

Whatever you choose Rupert, just fuck off. And take your worthless waste of human flesh son James with you.

1. ed2020

Re: I was thinking...

Unfortunately, if his mother's longevity is any indicator, he may be getting on in years but is going to be around for quite some time to come. She's 103 and still going strong.

2. Naughtyhorse

new hobbies?

hows about jumping off a cliff onto a spike?

8. frank ly

Murdoch ....the media mogul

Why did I read that as 'ghoul'?

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Murdoch ....the media mogul

Why did I read it as "Murdoch the slimy, horrible little shit that the world would be best off without"?

9. Bob McBob

"absolutely and entirely his own"

Murdoch you lie. Not for the first time.

10. Anonymous Coward 101

When Murdoch sacked Frank Giles of The Sunday Times after the Hitler Diaries fiasco, this is what Robert Harris said in his book 'Selling Hitler' about the matter:

"In June 1983, 'after discussions with Mr Rupert Murdoch', it was announced that he was to retire prematurely as editor and assume the title of editor emeritus. According to a story which did the rounds at the time, Giles asked what the title meant. 'It's Latin, Frank,' Murdoch is said to have replied. 'The "e" means you're out, and the "meritus" means you deserve it'."

At least he has a sense of humour.

This topic is closed for new posts.