back to article TangoX dances in to challenge Eee PC, CloudBook

Chip maker VIA's sub-notebook reference platform, the NanoBook, has made another appearance, this time as South Korean vendor Sungjut's TangoX. Does it look familiar? It should - it's virtually identical to Maxdata's Belinea s.book 1. Sungjut TangoX Nano Sungjut's TangoX: Belinea s.book 1 rival The resemblance runs right …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. moylan
    Alien

two most important pieces of info missing

two most important pieces of info missing

price and os?

(bias, happy with my eee pc)

2. Neil
    Gates Halo

Speak and spell

I'm all for ultra portables but with a screen resolution of 800x600 this will become painful to use in no time. Small hi-res screens please.

Bill, because we all love him really.

3. Sam

Details?

Price?

Availability?

4. W

RRP?

Any word on cost?

5. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Down

No

More screen and less of the tacky VoIP phone please.

6. Dominic Kua
    Alien

As for the OS

I'm going out on a limb here but the windows sticker suggests something to me.

I'd like to know the price though.

Green alien as it's probably why I've had such an odd day.

7. Kurt Guntheroth
    Paris Hilton

where is my laptop?!!

14" OLED screen, 10+Gb solid state drive, full (laptop) size keyboard, <1kg. I want it. Why won't they make it? Practically all the parts are in place (I believe I'm still waiting for the screen. 2009?) The thing would run 6+ hours on the current size battery pack. I wants it. It's precious to me.

OLED screens will be very thin and light, and low power because they are emissive. Lifetime for the OLED won't be a problem because people update their laptops faster than even cell phones. Solid state disk will suck both weight and power out of the thing. Keyboard key travel will pretty much determine how thick the thing is. You'll be able to take it everywhere. Put it in your briefcase and you won't notice the weight or size.

Yeah, your eight pound laptop will have 500 gigs of disk and a built-in DVD player, but who cares. I can store two DVDs in 10 gigs and still have room for the OS (even bloated Windows). But you won't be able to carry your big laptop around like a clipboard, and it won't last all day on a charge.

God we're almost there.

Paris, because this laptop will be better than sex. (For those of you laptop owners who have not yet experienced sex, you'll have to trust me).

8. Phill Holland
    Thumb Up

Peaches

Wonderful, but do all the micro laptops have to have stupid names?

People think I'm some sort of west country farmer who's just discovered this strange thing called technology. Arrrr, the eeeeeeeeeee pc.

This topic is closed for new posts.