back to article Google GRINCHES have change of heart, bring back Christmas

Google has begun rolling out a patch for Android 4.2 "Jelly Bean" that fixes a bug that caused the month of December to vanish from the system's built-in People app. People is the Android contact-management app, first introduced with Android 4.0 "Ice Cream Sandwich." In addition to storing the usual names, phone numbers, and …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Damn

I was hoping I could skip Christmas this year.

2. Dana W

I was hoping they could fix the fact that 4.2 turned my Nexus 7 into glitchy crap.

1. Bent Outta Shape
      Unhappy

Have to agree...

I have to agree - Firefox Beta(*), the kid's favourite "Plants vs Zombies", the Android clock/timer - all have crashed repeatedly and seemingly randomly since the 4.2 update. I don't recall them crashing at all in the two months or so prior to that. The kids still love the Nexus 7, most apps seem unaffected and it's still very smooth to use, but it's most definitely less stable overall than 4.1.2.

(*) Yeah, it's beta. But it worked remarkably well 'till the 4.2 update.

1. Dana W
        Meh

Re: Have to agree...

Exactly, I bought one. I liked it, then 4.2 made it into the glitch monster. Firefox alone now crashes constantly, my favorite games freeze and become unresponsive, And for the nerve of saying I am having a problem the Android Fanbois are spanking me down for not heeding to the revealed word of Android. I'm supposed to just shut up and pretend that the fly in my muffin is a blackcurrant.

In a few weeks I've gone from wanting to replace my iPhone 4s with a Nexus 4 to looking forward to my iPad Mini from my inlaws this Xmas so I can sell this thing and get my money back out of it.

3. LinkOfHyrule
    Joke

Since the new update...

What I want to know is, why does that People app thingy now have data fields for "RFID Government Tracking Number", "Blood Type", "Body Odour Stink Rating" and most oddly "Fuckability"!?

I'm guessing these are something to do with up-coming services Google will soon be offering!

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Ohhh so that explains the disastrous security bug yesterday on Google's webmaster central and Analytics, they were busy plugging another hole.

5. Paratrooping Parrot
    WTF?

How on earth did that error happen? How come it passed the testing phase?

1. Ian Yates
      Joke

Eh? It didn't.

They coded it; they released it; the users testers spotted it; they fixed it.

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

Like most of Googles software, it should have came with a 'Beta' tag.

How does it come to pass that a month is missed anyway?

month[11] vs getMonth(11)?

Has put me right off ice cream sarnies.

6. Dana W
    Meh

By all means thumb me down, but 4.2 was dismal, really did not improve the nexus 7. I'm hoping 4.2.1 will fix it, but I have my doubts.

7. JetSetJim
    Thumb Up

Galaxy Nexus

I got the update to 4.2 the night before last and while the month of December is missing (from the bit where you add an event into a contacts profile), it seems a bit smoother on the Galaxy Nexus.

Haven't yet tried to produce a proper "sphere" with the camera, but my efforts in my cube have shown that (a) it's quite easy to use, and (b) it's pants on close up stuff

8. Arachnoid
    WTF?

So the end of the world is no longer cancelled....I guess I better rebook that shuttle seat pronto.

9. .stu
    FAIL

I've had problems with the new lock screen widgets, specifically the Music player one. Sometimes it flickers constantly, and when I click on it my nexus 7 reboots.

10. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Google Mayans

For google Mayans, the world ended on November payday.

Maybe they were hoping we'd transition to advent calendars.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like