back to article Convert your iPad into a foosball table and relive the dot-com days

Sometimes an idea is so effing brilliant that we face-palm our foreheads and wail, "Why didn't we think of that?" Behold "Classic Match Foosball, The Ultimate Mutliplayer [sic] Experience for your iPad," created by New Potato Technologies and brought to our attention by Technology Tell. Classic Match Foosball, The Ultimate …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. FartingHippo
    Pint

Must...buy...iPad...

This is to the iPad what Halo is to the xbox, Uncharted is to the PS3, and Mario is to the Wii.

Probably.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Must...buy...iPad...

If this is your motivation for buying an Ipad then you fall right into the demographic that apple like... people with little sense and too much money...

Without even looking on the interwebs, I can almost guarantee you can get a full size table football thing for less.... and if you want a small one, you could probably get one of those for less than £30..

buy one of those things for a ipad, and you should be the first against the wall when the revolution comes !

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

Re: Must...post...sanctimonious....comment

If that is your motivation for posting a sanctimonious comment then you fall right into the demographic that I like... anonymous with no friends and excess bitterness....

Without even looking on the internet I can almost guarantee that I can make up a better deal than the one in the article, in fact I can imagine one where as well as the table you get a blow job. For less than 30 quid!

Buy one of those things for an ipad, and you should get your mates round for a game, get a few beers in, crank up some tunes and a have a good laugh.

2. DJV Silver badge
      Stop

But don't buy an iPad 4 to run it until they bring out a model of the foosball with a lightning connector!

3. Rukario

This is to the iPad what the Snake joystick is to the Nokia 5110.

4. TheOtherHobbes

You can buy the real thing for £70 from Tesco.

A version on a 10" tablet with handles so small you have to twirl them with very small body parts is pretty much the definition of 'This species is not one of evolution's better moments.'

1. Mage Silver badge
        Linux

It's for Penguins, Rooks, McFeegles, Gnomes or Smurfs. Too small for actual humans or even Dwarves.

1. MrT

Too small...

... to park your pint on the edge. Unless they're selling it with tiny glasses and a spill-proof screen guard.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

I hate iPads and all things Apple...

But even I look at this with envy...its LEGENDARY!

1. Rabbit80

Re: I hate iPads and all things Apple...

I agree.. i await the tab 10.1 version :)

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

LOL, you will wait a long time then

1. This post has been deleted by its author

2. Anonymous Coward
          Anonymous Coward

Exactly right. If you make an Android version you need to make about 30 different versions, different sizes, ports in different places and so on.

This is why Apple stuff gets lots of accessories, you generally only need to do 1 or 2 versions of the product.

1. Anonymous Coward
            Anonymous Coward

This is why Apple stuff gets lots of accessories, you generally only need to do 1 or 2 versions of the product..

yeah, thats because the apple range includes....

Ipod touch.....

Ipod touch you can make calls & texts on.....

large Ipod touch.....

small Ipod touch , that works faster, that you can make calls and texts on, with a different aspect ratio screen to the rest, and none of the standard accessories work with without an expensive adaptor and scratches so easy, it will look like a 8 year old NEC e313 in no time !!.....

ipod touch that bigger than the standard size one, but smaller than the bigger one.....

2. csumpi
            Stop

"Exactly right. If you make an Android version you need to make about 30 different versions, different sizes, ports in different places and so on."

Exactly. The best thing it that all iDevices use the same 30 pin, magically perfected connector for USB hook up. And they will never change that.

Oh, wait a second....

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

for those with more money than sense...

full size tables for the same price or less, table top ones of comparable size for under a tenner. Guaranteed fun for five minutes...

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Tactile smachtile

Anyone who's played Foosball for real knows that 'touch' is an essential part of the game. The ball kenetics do translate thru the rods to your hands, providing critical feedback. Lose that feedback and it becomes a completely different game. Might be fun, but probably not for long.

5. Mystic Megabyte
    Meh

meh

This gadget looks good but will be a waste of money. Any table game that weighs less than 50kg is useless because the whole thing will move as you attempt to control the ball. This thing is a toy that will only be used for a short time before being broken or discarded. I love *real* table football, especially because it's in a pub.

<==== yet more meh!

6. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Millenium?

"The turn of the century"?

I was at uni mid-70s and we had leagues in the bar.

As for 'twirling' the handles, picks you out as a novice straight away. In pairs you never let go of the handle, in singles you only let go to move from defene to attack or vice versa (there were those that always kept their hand on the goalkeeper's rod - fnaar, fnaar).

7. Kwac
    Alien

What is REALLY impressive

"Foosball table is also a charge and sync dock"

"Powered by your iPad, no batteries or external power required."

FREE ENERGY!

8. Haku

Can someone make an iPad Wac-A-Mole game with included iron lump hammer

Please?

9. Doug 3

Brookstone

looks like something bound for SkyMall or Brookstone mags.

10. The Indomitable Gall

The privilege of seeing things in relation.

The fact that this appeared around the same time as the article on magazines puts me in mind of the "Innovations" catalogue of the 90s. Lots of cool gadgets and gizmos of minimal practical use....

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like