back to article Apple DID buy social video network - check out this BONKERS lawsuit

We know that start-up culture isn't all free pizza, statement fish tanks and beanbag snuggling, but an explosive court case in Santa Clara, California, has intimated there might be a darker side to Silicon Valley workplaces than we usually see. The court filing also confirmed Apple's rumoured purchase of the start-up, it has …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Katie Saucey
    Trollface

Pussy

Pffffts. I've had worse jobs, back in my day the boss used to ....

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Ballmer

Could learn a lot from this guy...

1. Eponymous Cowherd
      Joke

Re: Ballmer

What? He could sell Microsoft to Apple?

3. Silverburn
    Joke

Color

I hope the guy he fired by speakerphone was the one who spelt Colour wrong in the logo...

1. ElReg!comments!Pierre
      Happy

Re: Color

Strangely enough there appears to be a US-specific malfunction with the key located between "i" and "why".

2. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Color

> I hope the guy he fired by speakerphone was the one who spelt Colour wrong in the logo...

Apparently the boss hates U. Seems appropriate given the rest of the story....

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

"intimidation", "retaliation" and "financial irregularity"

Should fit in with the Apple brand nicely

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: "intimidation", "retaliation" and "financial irregularity"

You must be a recent model. Look up: "The history of Microsoft"..

2. ElReg!comments!Pierre

Re: "intimidation", "retaliation" and "financial irregularity"

I think MS used to have a copyright on these, but that got snatched by Ellison at some point*. And Apple presumably holds design patents for all three "on a mobile device" ...

*http://ars.userfriendly.org/cartoons/?id=20121116

5. Psyx
    Alert

"the service will be shutting down at the end of this year."

So not even giving it a year for the sake of Looking Like We Are Trying To Make It Work before closing down a competitor, then. Smooth. No attempted monopolising there, then!

1. Jon Press

Re: "the service will be shutting down at the end of this year."

Closing down something that promises to help people "share the stories of their lives" sounds like a public service to me.

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

Re: "the service will be shutting down at the end of this year."

I've decided that I'm only interested in the life stories of explorers, astronauts, legendary drinkers, inventors and other nutters- in short, those who already have biographies written about them by virtue of their accomplishments.

6. philbo
    Joke

New Apple product?

... the iGlock?

1. Sorry that handle is already taken. Silver badge

Re: New Apple product?

Ooh, how would that work I wonder. A fixed magazine that when emptied means the firearm has to be taken back to a Genius Bar for reloading?

7. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

"Nguyen's behaviour including: allegedly calling an employee a "pussy" after she stepped on a metal spike at a marketing event"

----

I thought that was Alan Partridge?

"Lynn, I've pierced my foot on a spike".

8. JaitcH
    Unhappy

Bill Nguyen .. sounds like imported Human Resources techniques

I've heard of similar being used over here in VietNam, except the gun-toter is replaced by a couple of thugs carrying nasty looking chunks of wood.

Solves all manner of labour problems, as well as complaining customers and tardy payers.

Guess Bill has adopted the ways of his new country very well. I wonder if Apple has a 'get out' clause.

9. crowley

Nguyen was described as "charismatic"

...as are many sociopaths, I understand.

Reminds me of 'The Authoritarians'. http://home.cc.umanitoba.ca/~altemey/

Had Nguyen set up in the 'right'* state, I'm sure he'd get showered in admiration.

*wing

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like