back to article Apple falls as rivals shake green tech tree

Apple, which likes to tout its eco-credentials, has dropped to sixth place in the annual Greenpeace Guide to Greener Electronics, after allegedly failing to organise a take-back programme in India or set targets to reduce emissions by 2020. Apple does top the charts, along with HP, when it comes to its minimal use of conflict …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

People actually give a shit what Greenpeace has to say?

That is the real story here I think... if true ; )

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

"Nokia, meanwhile, pledged to use nothing but renewable energy by 2020"

Pretty easy when you're going to be using nothing.

1. Mark .

And yet still, they sell more phones than Apple. We've been hearing this about Nokia from Apple fanatics for years. It's the new "Apple are going bust".

With Samsung outselling Apple so vastly, it's looking like Apple will be joining Nokia by 2020 in using nothing.

3. Steve Todd
    Stop

Greenpeace trolling for headlines again?

They are as bad as el reg when it comes to putting "Apple" into the title to get attention and hits.

Silly question, just how many machines do Apple sell in India anyway? (Is it really worth having a take back programme), and how do its actual emissions compare NOW (not some nebulous plan for 2020)?

4. Longrod_von_Hugendong

Lets re-headline this story...

Apple still damn sight better than most at being green(-ish)

I think this story is more telling about who is *not* in the list.

Mind you, not like i care what Greenpeace say anyway.

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

goddamntreehugginhippies!!!!

6. Robert Grant

Green PR

Promises get you headlines? They're the new Gartner.

7. sleepy

Sad

It's sad that Greenpeace has changed from campaigning on important issues to maximising attention and financial contributions from guilt ridden middle class gadget buyers. Instead, how about a Greenpeace exposee of the building industry's use of PVC for example, which must be thousands of times greater than that of the electronics industry?

8. gkroog
    Trollface

"Green" technology?

Well what about Linux taking top spot then? It has been installed on a potato after all... (http://www.bbspot.com/news/2008/12/linux-on-a-potato.html)

9. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Story left out the worst thing

Apple was rated at '0' in gthe category of advocacy for "environmental protection advocacy". In other words, for not donating to Greenpeace.

Sad when an organization becomes so messed up it's founder now speaks out against it!

10. James O'Brien
    WTF?

What I want to know is

How the hell did HP get so high up? Don't forget this is a company which prides itself for shipping a single piece of paper with the license on it inside of boxes inside of boxes, repeat, which are finally packed securely inside of one of those containers they use to transport radioactive waste.

Idiots...

1. Anonymous Coward
      Devil

Re: What I want to know is

Perhaps they are using recycled cardboard to make all those boxes...?

This topic is closed for new posts.