back to article Microsoft flings free Xboxes to long-term Live lovers

Microsoft is giving some of its long-standing Xbox Live members a limited edition Xbox 360, free of charge, in celebration of the online service's ten year anniversary. A number of gamers expressed their joy this week when they received an Xbox Live Limited Edition Xbox 360 in the post without prior warning. Microsoft's Larry …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. cyclical
    Alert

I probably would have 10 years if the stupid things didn't keep dying on me from overheating/motherboard failure/powersupply failure. Usually about 1 month out of warranty too.

2. hplasm
    Devil

What a cruel,

and unusual punishment.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

There was me hoping it meant the Windows Live account :(

1. Roger B
      Thumb Up

and me! Had my Hotmail account since '97 and I've been a subscriber since , well, not sure, sometime after that, plus 2 years of Xbox Live Gold now (4 years in total all on the same machine not sure how people break them so easily) only another 8 to go and I can get an Xbox 720/Infinite/enter latest code name here.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Awww

I thought it was quite a nice gesture.

*Runs. Hides*

5. g e
    Holmes

Certainly Gold only

After all when you have to pay for a Gold account to access your already-paid-for SKY/Lovefilm/Netflix/etc accounts how is it going to be any other way.

The XBOX actually got turned on over the weekend after about a year... because Halo4 isn't available on PS3

6. PsychoHippy
    Thumb Up

I'll take one!

If they want to send one my way I wouldn't say no. Not sure where they would get my postal address from though.

7. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Seems to be limited

to only those posting excessive anti-Sony propaganda and PS3 FUD.

1. Caleb Cox (Written by Reg staff)

Re: Seems to be limited

If only Sony did the same eh? You would be due a truckload of PS3 consoles by now.

1. Jad
        Thumb Up

Re: Seems to be limited

my only regret is that I have but 1 upvote to give you!

8. mrweekender
    Thumb Down

Bah!

...selling my Xbox, the graphics are shite now.

1. Dan 55 Silver badge
      WTF?

Re: Bah!

They've suddenly got worse?

9. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Er... so they're giving people who have had an xbox for ten years... an xbox?

1. hplasm
      Devil

Increased sales figures!

Every little helps...

10. I think so I am?
    Unhappy

I remember the days when I played Rainbow 6 Live Demo when Xbox live first came out, I'm just annoyed I didn't migrate my old xbox live account when it moved to the 360 :(

11. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Calculation

How much would 10 years of Live (Gold) cost - more than the free XBOX ?

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like