back to article Colorware offers MacBook Air custom paintjobs

US electronics respray firm Colorware has picked up where Apple left off and begun offering MacBook Air owners custom paintjobs for the laptop. Apple currently only offers the machine, which starts at £1200 in the UK, in silver. However, Colorware has stepped into the void by offering a service that allows you to own the Air …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. John Bayly
    Thumb Down

Perfect for ...

... the fool who likes to part with their money.

I bought a Toshiba Satellite Pro U300 for half the price, roughly same CPU, same RAM, over double HD space & DVD-RW. The Mac Air weighs 600g less, and is more than half the thickness.

Oops, silly me, people who spend this much on a laptop don't care about money.

Kudos to Colorware for knowing their customers

2. Patrick Hayden
    Linux

Great that you saved half the money...

...pity you wasted the other half on a laptop that's running Windows.

3. Morely Dotes
    Linux

Funny thing about that Windows issue...

I can get a machine that's superior to the MacBook Air in every respect (except mass and ability to fit in a shotgun envelope) for half the money, install pretty much any distro I want of Linux for free, and have something that is excellent for work. Granted, it won't impress frat boys who think an MBA is tantamount to godhood, but then, who (with an IQ higher than his shoe size) cares about that?

Apple knows their target market very well; so does Colorware.

4. Dave Bell
    Linux

It's only paint...

But putting it on without damaging the computer is a bit tricky. Some people get custom paint jobs for their cars. I'm never likely to be able to afford either, but it's pretty harmless. How many pints of beer would that much money buy?x

5. Mectron
    Alert

Target Market?

mac Users

1. Mindless Drone who have no idea of any kind of what a computer should be.

2. Total idiots who will spend a fortune of flashy hadware just to show it off, but don't have the IQ to turn it on

Apple is selling hype and nothing else. Like someone famous once said: There is a sucker born every minute. Where to find them? go to the neares Apple Store.

6. John Bayly
    Thumb Up

@Patrick Hayden

It came with Vista Business & XP Pro, Vista got wiped immediately (I do feel slightly dirty for MS having gotten an extra bit of cash for an OS that will never be installed).

XP & Ubuntu were installed leaving plenty of space left for a partition to be shared between the two.

7. Scott Mckenzie

blah blah blah

It's expensive, it's slow, it's light, it's heavy, it's got windows, it runs Linux...

Who cares? At what point did the article denounce anything, it said you can get a Macbook Air in a different colour if you want.... great, customisation is in.

If it bothers you so much, why read the article, it's fairly obviously about a Macbook Air....

8. Anonymous Coward
    Heart

All this negativity re Macs

If anyone went to the Colourware website they'd see that they'll paint IBM PC's (they have pics of them too!) and their clones.

I use a Compaq/HP PC at work (Compaq/HP) which runs quite well. I use a Mac at home because I needed to learn the OS to advise my educational colleagues who are Mac mad (worse than the PC people who write here!) on how to use the things because my employer insists on giving employees 'choice' when it comes to computer platforms. I find that the Mac actually is more stable than the PC in that it doesn't crash as often as my PC does even though the PC is newer, and for home use, the Mac has everything I want. I use MS Office on both and so can exchange documents between the two without a problem. I can also run XP when I need to for the odd (usually very odd) program that isn't available for Mac.

To get back to the subject of the article, if this company had a British branch, I'd send them a PC if I had one to have it painted if only to give it a little individuality.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like