back to article Job ad seeks devs to work two hour days in Australia

Want to work a two-hour work day in Australia, without all the hassle of moving to the anitpodes? Perth company Realcognita may have just the job for you, after it published a job ad seeking staff whose “Working hours must at least overlap 2 hours of Perth business hours (GMT+8).” Right now that means almost anyone from …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Boom or bust?

Perth has been booming but methinks we are in for some leaner times ahead.

Not bust, but certainly deflated...

1. Anonymous Coward
      Unhappy

Re: Boom or bust?

Maybe, but this still strikes me as poor deal for those of us in the northern hemisphere.

Live in Britain. Enjoy British weather. Suffer British prices. Have a British standard of living. Get paid a British salary. Be packed in to our over-crowded island. Be subject to our rubbish infrastructure and useles spublic services. Watch your savings being diluted and half your salary being frittered by the incompetents and criminals who govern Britain. But work to make Aussies rich.

I wish my great grandad had stolen a loaf of bread. Or more likely, I wish he'd been caught.

1. Tom 38

Aussie prices aint so cheap anymore you know.

2. David Hicks
        Pint

Salaries in Perth are fantastic compared to the UK. But so is the cost of living.

How do you fancy £7 a pint?

The sunshine is amazing though. I do miss that when sat here in southern England in November.

2. Euripides Pants
      Unhappy

"Not bust, but certainly deflated"

There is nothing more depressing than a deflated bust...

2. mafoo
    Facepalm

erm

this is a 2+ month old news item... is the news that slow at the moment? How about.... erm.... mcaffee cooking freebase bath salts and murdering someone (allegedly) for a new story?

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

2 hours a day? I'm not doubling the hours I work.

Anonymous in case the boss is reading ;-)

4. Mark 65

The state is called Western Australia, not West Australia

See title

1. Mark 65

Re: The state is called Western Australia, not West Australia

The reason I didn't choose send correction is because this isn't the first occasion, a visit to the geographical naughty step is in order for someone at El Reg

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

Re: The state is called Western Australia, not West Australia

Spoken like a real Sandgroper! :-P

5. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Up

Realcognita

voo-va-voo!

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like