back to article Forget what vendors think: What’s YOUR vision for the data centre?

Given the chance, any IT vendor or service provider will launch into their company’s vision for the future... your future. If it’s Salesforce.com or Google, that will be a future in which you wave goodbye to all of your servers, storage and networking kit. If it’s IBM, HP or Microsoft, their crystal ball will envision you …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. This post has been deleted by its author

2. mhoneywell
    Stop

Interresting study

Where and when can I see the results of this? I'm happy to take part, but show me the money first?

3. Unicornpiss
    WTF?

Soon "Cloud" will probably go the way of "Xtreme"

I'm tired of everything being "in the Cloud" Oh, you mean it's on an offsite server? Like email has been for most users since the dawn of the publicly-accessible internet? Everyone wants something free or at least cheap, which is understandable. But having all your company's data "in the Cloud" is like always having a nanny or daycare watching your children--you have no idea what's really going on. Is it that hard to host and backup your own data?

Another trend I'm getting sick of is client machines being called "Endpoints" Now we have Symantec "Endpoint Protection" and a litany of other products and services for your "Endpoint" I'm waiting to see Depends adult diapers "Endpoint Protection"

4. McVirtual
    WTF?

Seriously?!!

So let me get this straight, vendors and Data Centre suppliers are NOT the right people to set a vision here?

WTF - it's their sole purpose in life and they've been doing it well since the advent of IT.

Private and Public sector businesses have NO idea how to run this stuff, their jobs are to service the lines of business as best their meager HR department can find industry competences.

Seriously! this stuff annoys me

5. RonWheeler
    FAIL

Don't see why...

I should help Reg 'partners' well high margin cloud 541t just because it is trendy.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like