back to article Twitter: WHOOPS we've broken ourselves. Sorr-ee!

Twitter has apologised for "unintentionally" resetting the passwords for a large number of its user accounts. In normal circumstances the social network resets the login details for any account feared to have been hijacked. But it appears someone in Twitter today overreacted and pushed the reset button on a lot of accounts, …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Who cares except for those self important tweeters who bore the rest of the world to death with their inane chatter about nothing.

1. FrankAlphaXII
      Paris Hilton

So in other words, noone gives a shit except brain dead "celebrities", most of whom are famous for nothing but getting fucked on "leaked" films.

Paris for obvious reasons.

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

Leave Noone out of this!

Can't you see he's suffered enough?

Oh wait, looks like he has a Twitter account after all... so maybe Noone gives a shit after all. Fancy that...

: /

2. JDX Gold badge

Nearly as bad as posting your worthless opinion on The Register really.

3. Notas Badoff
      Megaphone

Some opinions are not news, some are...

There was an article in the NY Times recently about the use of Twitter during crises, with a favorable opinion, after the author and a few million people went through Sandy going through NY/NJ/NE. Seems he rather appreciated knowing what was happening in nearby regions / city blocks. With due nods to the endemic snarkiness before and after the storm, during the storm it was useful to many.

So, simply put, @19:30 STFU with your narrow-minded one-eyed view of the world.

4. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Woah! Irony alert.

2. This post has been deleted by its author

3. pewpie
    Black Helicopters

Hmm.

I got one of these mails saying my account was hacked. Very strangely, there was no sign of malicious activity - except - one of my tweets was deleted. One that linked back to the article published yesterday on El Reg which was highly critical of the Beeb.

Make of it what you will... I reposted the deleted tweet.

1. pewpie
      Alien

Re: Hmm.

Missing tweet has since magically returned from the memory hole. Either an Orwellian first or some other strangeness occuring.

4. Arachnoid

Well there's one good thing coming out of this there will be a few thousand less tweets for the next few days till peeps reset their password.

5. JCitizen
    Angel

Sooo...

The twit who was on the beat, -

pushed the button to delete. -

So now the peeps will beat their feet, -

to get the fix for their tweet! -

So all I can say is what!? -

That guy must have been a twat!

Sorry! I just couldn't help myself! HA! :^0

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like