back to article Mobiles susceptible to radio hacks

Deep inside your mobe is the “baseband chipset”, a slab of silicon that handles all radio communications. Baseband systems have plenty of processing grunt and, according to renowned Jailbreaker Eric "Musclenerd" McDonald, are deeply integrated with the rest of a mobe’s hardware. That makes them a great place to run a virus, …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Childcatcher

Is there any decent podcast-to-text bot?

Generally I prefer reading to listening so I almost never get to these articles. I utterly understand that for many the reverse is true and that I can't generally expect anybody to go through the arseache of transcribing a recorded conversation, but maybe there's an automated system out there that does a usefully good job?

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Is there any decent podcast-to-text bot?

"I prefer reading to listening"

That's you and me both. Having to focus 30 minutes on people babbling is fantastically inefficient. If you get that presented as text you can probably flash read the entire content in under a minute, leaving you 29 minutes to do something else. About the only podcast I listen to is the Radio 4 Now Show comedy :).

2. I think so I am?
    Black Helicopters

By accident or design

see title

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Is there an irritaing comments to podcast bot

That way I could avoid reading comments from people bellyaching about it being a podcast rather than text and read comments about the subject instead

Click on the author's name and e-mail him goddam it!

1. Anonymous Coward
      Unhappy

Re: Is there an irritaing comments to podcast bot

Hardly a bellyache, a genuine question. I don't see why mailing the author is a useful notion: if he has a transcript he probably would have posted it with the article. And as I said I'm not looking to create work for anyone, nor am I ignoring that podcasts work for many readers (commuting, gym, boring meeting) - I'm just hoping for an option to read it.

But while we've got you on the line - what did you make of the podcast? Worth the 15 mins listen? Any arguments you'd like to raise? Something constructive perhaps, rather than just - you know - bellyaching?

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Baseband and viruses

That ought to give oppressive regimes some ideas.

I'll bet the Chinese are getting lots of intelligence from all those iPhones they've built.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like