back to article Solar eclipse due November 14th

November will be a month of eclipses for Reg readers in The New World. The darkness kicks off on November 14th, when the moon will pass between the Sun and Earth to create a Solar Eclipse that will be apparent to viewers in the Australian city of Cairns, which has helpfully erected a web page to inform tourists about the event …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. stucs201

there's a partial eclipse due in London in March 2015

I predict a cloudy (probably rainy) day in London in on the 20th of March 2015....

2. Anonymous Coward
    Unhappy

If I can just hang on for eighty more years

Then there will finally be an annular eclipse where I live, not just an oh-look-an-Apple-logo partial one.

A well-ordered universe would have these on fast rotation like Xmas novelty singles. Stupid Copernican model!

1. miknik
      Meh

Re: If I can just hang on for eighty more years

They tried the fast rotation thing with sunrise/sunset. Turns out once you crank up the frequency everyone gets all meh about it.

2. Darryl
      Thumb Up

Re: If I can just hang on for eighty more years

I only have to wait 32 more years(!)

3. Magani
    Linux

Welcome to Cairns...

...where local hostelries seem to be raking it in by upping their rates to double (or more) their usual tarrif. Most caravan parks seem to have declared next week as High Season, even though this is the start of Summer and The Wet season, and most southerners and grey nomads have fled the heat and humidity.

Ahhh, you can't beat a good dose of business greed when the heavens offer it, can you?

This penguin is also heading south to less stickier and avaricious climes.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like