back to article Skype floods UK stores with top-up cards

Skype has introduced prepaid cards to the UK, offering shoppers the option to purchase their call credits in stores. Top-up VoIP vouchers - available for £10 and £20 - are on the way to various retailers, including Asda, Currys, PC World, Sainsburys and WHSmith. The prepaid amounts can be put towards subscription bundles as …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Andy Johnson

Security of credit

At least a pre-paid system would prevent what happened to me. I got an email saying a topup to my Skype account had failed - I use a prepay credit card for online things like that and I keep the balance low. My topup failed because there was insufficient credit. A topup was attempted because my account was hacked and all my credit was stolen. despite only using the official Skype client and a secure password, Skype said it must be my fault that my account was hacked and refused to refund me. I have up to date AV protection, I have a PC firewall and a gateway firewall (linux based) on my internet connection, and I've worked in IT long enough to not be clicking stupid links in emails.

I have not used Skype since and never will again...

1. Equitas
      Paris Hilton

Re: Security of credit

I could say exactly the same thing as Andy Johnson -- I'll use Skype, OK, but their security is lamentable and they disown all responsibility. I've been hacked twice and all credit used up by fraudsters. Unless or until Skype can demonstrate convincingly that their security has improved and their attitude to fraud has improved, I won't be touching any Skype credit arrangements.

Paris, because even she isn't quite that stupid.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like