back to article Lindsay Lohan storm over Hitler, Hurricane tweets: 'It was hackers'

Actress Lindsay Lohan has blamed hackers for posting a frankly-odd Hitler themed Twitter update to her profile. The deleted tweet stated: “How does Hitler tie his shoes? from @oatmeal”, SecurityFAQs reports. Later on Wednesday LiLo apologised to the 4.5 million plus followers to her micro-blogging feed. "My twitter was hacked …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Sorry, "Sorry that handle is already taken" is already taken.

Well....?

How DOES he tie his shoes?

Don't leave us hanging, man!!

1. Kobus Botes
      Paris Hilton

Re: Well....?

Well, FWIW, as per TheOatmeal (the clue is in the tweet): http://theoatmeal.com/djtaf/j/88

But, tbh, the answer is completely over my head. Maybe you need to be a septic to understand it (or find it funny)?

<--- Paris, because she's friends with Lindsay.

1. Jamie Kitson

Yes, looks like she, or someone, accidentally clicked the "tweet this joke" link here:

http://theoatmeal.com/djtaf/j/88

2. Anonymous John
      Unhappy

Google is your friend. With little Nazis. Nope, I don't get it either.

1. Tegne
        Facepalm

Nazis - Knotsies?

1. This post has been deleted by its author

2. Kobus Botes
          Pint

Re: Knotsies?

Could be, could be, know what I mean (nudge, nudge).

As a non-native Englsh speaker I would never have guessed, though, so thanks for elucidating.

I tend to agree with Mattyod lower down: I guess she wanted to click on the "answer" button, but hit the "Tweet this..." link instead (DT's, or maybe just a bit unsteady after a wild night, who knows?).

<--- DT cure, obviously.

1. Anonymous Coward
            Anonymous Coward

Re: Knotsies?

It ony works if you've got an American accent.

2. Richard Jukes

My thoughts

My thoughts exactly, how does he?

3. This post has been deleted by its author

4. The BigYin

Pray?

Why waste your breath? Get up and do something practical, something that will actually make a difference.

Pray indeed. Yeesh.

1. Elmer Phud
      Boffin

Re: Pray?

"Stop projecting negativity! Think positive and pray for peace."2

As if praying will do anything positive!

Oi, Lohan, it's your effing God that has done this (apparently), how about praying for a less malevolent God?

Or is it all down to us unbelievers unleashing the wrath of . . . ah, what's the point, I don't expect irony has much of a hold in that head.

5. auburnman
    Trollface

You forgot the inverted commas...

... around "tired and emotional".

1. Greg J Preece

Re: You forgot the inverted commas...

I was amused to see Private Eye euphemisms in an El Reg article. :-D

6. Ralph B
    Paris Hilton

Change her password

> Whatever happened, the El Reg security desk advises Lohan to change her password.

I'd suggest it'd be better if her minders change her password, and then not tell her what it is.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Change her password

ditto

7. Mattyod
    Paris Hilton

auto tweet

I'm guessing she clicked the link on this page: http://theoatmeal.com/djtaf/j/88

8. Dick Kennedy

She should change her password - to one she can't remember. Then we'd all be spared her drivel.

1. Robert Carnegie Silver badge

Or something that she can't type drunk. And you, too.

she sells sea shells by the sea shore

the leith police dismisseth us

9. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

I'm not buying it

she claims she's been hacked all the time. Specifically every time she does something stupid.

1. Marvin the Martian
      Paris Hilton

Re: I'm not buying it

Are you suggesting she gets actually hacked twice as often --- but then doesn't come clean when a hacker posts something nice or smarter than she could have?

10. Tank boy
    Pint

Not sure...

If she's still in NYC, she was probably angry that the bars were closed.

11. The Vociferous Time Waster
    Stop

FFS

If you go to the oatmeal and click on the 'tweet this joke' you get redirected to twitter and if you are logged in it's one click to send the following unsurprisingly similar tweet:

How does Hitler tie his shoes? http://theoatmeal.com/djtaf/j/88 from @oatmeal

Somehow the link got removed and it then started to look all the more odd.

12. Purlieu

I don't get it

Do you now go to jail if the word "Hilter" appears anywhere in .... OOPS

13. Gazareth

In these cases, I tend read 'Hacked'

as mate got hold of my phone & stitched me up...

14. Greg J Preece

I don't get why a post with the word "Hitler" in it is offensive, and the other one isn't regarded as callous fuckwittery.

15. adam payne

Is her account hacked every time she writes something stupid?

1. Robert Helpmann??
      Childcatcher

Is her account hacked every time she writes something stupid?

Well, odds are pretty good she googles her own password whenever she wants to post, so technically her account is being hacked, but it is a self-inflicted wound - in much the same way that her posts are.

16. Anonymous Coward
    Go

The real question.......

Is how this will affect LOHAN!

Will we have to get a new celebutante backronym now? If not, does anyone have a picture of Hitler tying his shoes that we can render into a decal to go on LOHAN? Or maybe we can Photoshop LiLo into an existing pic of Der Fuhrer?

17. LaeMing

The answer is here:

http://images.4chan.org/b/src/1351798245269.jpg

(This image is worksafe, but the site I dumped it to is definitely not, so only wander away from the image link with this in mind.)

1. Anonymous Coward
      Happy

Re: The answer is here:

Thank you, LaeMing. You win "King of the Interwebz" for the day!

1. LaeMing
        Happy

Thanx :-)

I will wind a 2m Cat6 drop cable several times in a loop and wear it on my head with pride!

18. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

LiLo = DiLdo

Mork Fuckerburg announced this morning that "Twatter", a brand new social media networking and micro-blogging service created specifically for Lindsay Lohan and her 2 fans, Paris Hilton and Jimmy Savile, will go online tomorrow.

The site has massive bandwidth to cater for expected invasion by the swarms of mindless sycophants and assorted arse-kissers who hope to claim their fifteen minutes of fame by Twatting with LiLo.

Lohan said she will use the Twatter alias @DiLdo "to avoid confusion with that other network that lets my account get hacked every time I say something dumb".

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like