back to article Gates! says! Yahoo! offer! fair!

Microsoft's offer for Yahoo! is fair, it's not going up and the company should take a long, hard look at it, Bill Gates reckons. Although many observers expect Microsoft to raise its offer for Yahoo!, Bill Gates said yesterday the company was happy with the price on the table. Gates told AP: "We sent them a letter and said we …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Up

Ya-who?

Fair? I'd say it's more than fair. So would the Microsoft shareholders, judging by the recent price slide. A 62 per cent premium on a declining web company - surely this is as good as it's going to get for Yahoo!.

Who here remembers Lycos? No, me either.

2. Nick Woodson
    Joke

..."It's our interweb".....

....And everything we do is fair and community-driven!

Overheard at a secret Microsoft meeting........

3. Jon
    Flame

Correction: Microsoft does not need to bolster it's online business

It needs to get back to it's roots get over this gluntenous pie in the sky non-existant so called invisible competition with google. Their business' overlap in the smallest of proportions.

4. plastical
    Gates Horns

Giving away free software

The small print:

(Only once you have assassinated Jobs, tortured Woz until he tells us how they got that much so thin, persuaded the remaining fruity shareholders to sell off, bought many Microhoo shares and convinced 5 freinds to buy vista. Activation code: 123-aff-ill-iii-hate-52883)

5. John Sanders
    Gates Horns

It's all about IM

Am I the only one who thinks that MS is just after the yahoo IM infrastructure?

If MS was to assimilate Yahoo, they will have another de-facto monopoly on the IM business, and google doesn't make a dent on IM advertising while in MSN Messenger it's all about the ads.

6. skeptical i

YHOO closes at $29

If the slide continues, Yahoo may have no choice: sell now reasonably quietly or sell later after a bloody stockholder revolt.

7. Anonymous Coward
    Stop

Yes but Bill no!

Your disrupting a bunch things in the vain hope of buying deeper into a business you have always regretted being in, most of your bad press has been IE related, your lackluster showings regarding your network and advertising aren't going to go away, and you're spending your money very foolishly angering your own shareholders, who can apparently read and know where the money is really coming from which is your core business which is sucking wind for no good reason other than inattention. Dear Bill stop it!

This topic is closed for new posts.