back to article Bookeen lights up Odyssey e-reader screen

Bookeen has become the latest e-reader maker to offer a device with a ‘backlit’ screen. Enter the Cybook Odyssey HD, a version of Bookeen’s existing reader, this time with a 1024 x 758 screen and an array of LEDs that shine light through the panel to reflect off the screen’s rear surface, highlighting the text. Bookeen Cybook …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. ukgnome
    FAIL

Are we sure it's backlit this time?

Hmm, just checked the press release and it's frontlit.

"Bookeen is announcing today the launch of the new Cybook Odyssey HD FrontLight, the 6th generation and most advanced Cybook with an inbuilt FrontLight solution and with the most advanced E Ink® HD display. Since 1998, Bookeen has been the European champion in digital reading years before Amazon entered the market."

1. Toxteth O'Gravy
      FAIL

Re: Are we sure it's backlit this time?

Fail yourself... it clearly says 'backlit' in inverted commas.

2. Bronek Kozicki
    Meh

ok nice, but ....

.... is there going to be a 10" model?

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Individually Lit Pixels!

Maybe this will come as the next step in e-ink - they'll call it... LCD!

4. Ascy

Tempting...

This would be a tempting upgrade to my Bookeen CyBook, but is there a colour version that's going to appear soon? There are colour e-ink screens available, after all.

Anyway, hurry up with the full review, already!

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Inadequate (you said it)

Here http://www.reghardware.com/2012/10/23/apple_ipad_mini_lacks_retina_display/ you ding the similarly sized display iPad mini for having a 1024x768 display as unsuitable for use as an eReader.

I am suspecting 1024x758 is a typo' too, though I could be wrong.

This topic is closed for new posts.