back to article Natwest biz banking service goes titsup overnight

Natwest's business banking site Bankline went down last night after undergoing "maintenance" for a little longer than expected. The service that helps businesses manage their finances bobbed back up circa 10.20am this morning. The consumer facing side of the site displayed this message: Natwest bankline error, credit …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. maniacmartin

Back up? Not me me it isnt (12:09 pm)

1. VinceH
      FAIL

Back up? Not me me it isnt (12:09 pm)

It's back up now... for some values of back up.

I've logged in, and I'm in the process of setting up some payments, but it's being a pig at the confirmation stage; either coming back with an error immediately, saying it can't confirm my action, or taking a ridiculously long time to come back with that error - and in either case, the payments appear to be set up.

So I expect it'll all go horribly wrong when they're authorised.

Natwest Bankline - about as useless as Natwest's silly A5 statements, with four lines taken up per payment, and fitting just six on a single sheet.

1. VinceH
        FAIL

Re: Back up? Not me me it isnt (12:09 pm)

Actually, scrap that last comment... I lost my connection to it, and now I can't log back in at all.

2. Pete 2 Silver badge

The power of the underpaid call centre worker

> One biz customer was told "an upgrade last night had broken the website"

Lucky for Natwest their staff are so honest. If that caller had got through to an evil agent with a grudge, the message might have been:

OH MY GOD, we've been told to not move from our desks. There are police everywhere - they're taking away boxes of stuff ... I've just seen the CEO being led away in handcuffs. Get your money out any way you can.

... and even if the misinformation was detected and a statement (eventually) put out - and it was believed, the potential damage, do-able by one, lone individual in the right place at the wrong time could have been massive.

Don't try this at home, kids.

1. John G Imrie

Re: The power of the underpaid call centre worker

You are sick and twisted, and for some reason I want a job with the Nat West Hell Desk.

3. Ted Treen
    Paris Hilton

Amazing...

Leach hasn't blamed Apple...

...yet!

1. Ted Treen
      Alert

Re: Amazing...

Three down votes already? I thought the Leach fan club would still be at school until 4.00pm...

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

VB?

I didn't realise the former Posh Spice's fashion business had already hit the buffers. Tough times.

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

It's alright

They've just sent me an email telling me that I need to reset my password in order to get access to their 'new, improved' site. Presumably that'll fix it.

</joking>

6. Pie

still can't log in.

7. bluest.one

Maybe some day the NSA/CIA/MI5 et al will be able to install their black boxes without taking everything off line while they do it.

8. Pie

Logged in but couldn't do anything useful.

Oh well at least we will get compensation for the problems. Last time we got a £0.68 credit on our statement....

1. Ted Treen
      Big Brother

And of course...

...you reported your windfall to the Inland Revenue...

9. Gordon Henderson
    FAIL

15:30 and it's still borked

Trying to make a payment - keeps telling me there is a temporary failure. Follow their help and it tells me to use a different browser. That's sooooo 1990's ...

Gordon

10. Pie

Gordon it's a typo on the new site they meant different bank...

1. Gordon Henderson
      Thumb Down

New Bank?

I'm starting to think that, but I've a funny feeling they're all as rubbish as natwest )-:

-G

11. Graham Marsden
    FAIL

It's been up and down like a yo-yo...

I've been trying to check if I've received a payment, but it keeps telling me there's a problem and to try a different browser!

This topic is closed for new posts.