back to article Everything Everywhere prices up UK 4G

Everything Everywhere has announced what it will charge for 4G mobile broadband today. Prices for the snappy connection starting at £36 a month. Unfortunately, that'll only feed punters 500MB of data a month, which could be gobbled quickly on a connection with download speeds ten times that of HSPA 3G. That allowance can be …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. pullenuk

ouch

Right no point getting the Note 2 LTE version with these prices. I just get the normal one. £31 for 500mb? I seen a deal for 1.5gb on t mobile for same price! Even my current £20 per month contract gives me 750mb.

1. LarsG
      Meh

Re: ouch

There will be enough people taking it up for bragging rights, but I will stick with 3G for now, the price will come down in a year or so.

1. RICHTO
        Mushroom

Nokia Lumia 920 from £19.99 on a contract!!! Best handset currently announced and its not a bad price!

2. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Makes no difference to me as I don't live in a big city and living out in the sticks it will be at least 2050 before they get round to where I live.

I have heard there is something called broadband?

3. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

So this is what taking the piss is all about

4. Rob

Those prices quoted are for new users, if you are already a T-Mob or Orange customer you can transfer over with your 4G phone and get 1GB allowance for £26 a month. I'm due an upgrade on T-Mob at the end of the month so going to get the Note II LTE and then transfer across giving me a better package than I currently have on T-Mob. Obviously an effort to get all their customers off Orange and T-Mob brand so they can wind them down.

1. Gio Ciampa

" if you are already a T-Mob or Orange customer"

...you also get charged 2/3 of your remaining contract for the privilege - timing is all...

1. Gio Ciampa

(a small clarification - for those not covered by the 4G phone or £99 upgrade path)

2. Skrrp
        Thumb Down

Massive ouch.

I'm sticking with my £10/mo 3GB allowance on T-Mobile for now.

Fuck you EE.

1. Avatar of They
          WTF?

I am on £10 a month, unlimited texts, data and 300 minutes. Buy your own device and don't go for a handset from them.

However for those prices, ain't going to take it up.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Lets push 4G and get "the plebs" onto 4G plans asap.

Less congestion on 3G networks will improve speeds and reliability, and I won't have to pay stupid prices!

Similarly fibre, lets get as many as possible onto fibre as possible, to reduce the contention ratio on copper BB and improve service.

1. Andy 115

You think the 4G network has seperate infrastructutre...

... and it's own fat data pipe?

More likely they 4G users will just swamp the existing backhauls more effectively!

1. damien c

Re: You think the 4G network has seperate infrastructutre...

A 4G mast requires a minimum of a 1Gb connection to each Cell Site and each sell site IS getting a 1Gb connection trust me, where I work we are providing this circuit to the mast's all around the country that we can.

4G is on it's on data connection and doesn't use the same equipment as the 3G services.

Also as the article quotes that the Iphone 5 is 4G compatible, from what I have heard is that it is not 4G compatible but the 5S that comes out next year is, and those people who want a 4G compatible phone from Apple will be forced to buy a 5S.

1. Anonymous Coward
          Anonymous Coward

Leaving aside the grammar, the iPhone 5 *can* use the 4G signal from EE, but only EE; not O2 or the others. This is due to it only operating on the one frequency in the UK. Not that this should matter because only a complete twunt would use 4G at these prices.

And there is no iPhone5S you muppet, so stop rumour trolling / baiting. "Forced to buy a 4S" indeed. Pillock.

1. Dr. Mouse
            Joke

"Not that this should matter because only a complete twunt would use 4G at these prices."

Sounds like the majority of iPhone users then!

2. RICHTO
        Mushroom

Yes - that's exactly what it has....

3. Andy 115
    FAIL

Deja Vu?

It's like the UK 3G launch all over again...

It also seems (contrary to BBC reports) that hitting you data limit will shut off data completely (not just throttle your speed)

4. Thomas 4
    FAIL

Bullshit pricing

Seriously? £31 for a piss poor 500Mb a month?

As someone that moved around a lot for his previous line of work, I was dependant on a 3G dongle to play online gaming (and God forbid I should try to play a game that used P2P like Civ or Company of Heroes). In the space of a month I could *easily* burn through about 3Gb on nightly usage, game updates, driver updates, Teamspeek, Steam, etc, let alone downloading a full game.

No one and I do mean no-one uses 500Mb or more just to look at fricking web pages, which seems to be the delusion that Vodafone and other telecos seem to be living under.

1. Robin

Re: Bullshit pricing

"As someone that moved around a lot for his previous line of work, I was dependant on a 3G dongle to play online gaming"

First-world problems.

1. Mike Brown

well yes, from what he has said i assume he lives in the 1st world. Not the 3rd world. Maybe its his 1st time around? He dosent speak the language, holds no currancy, he is surrounded by the sounds, the sounds of the market place spinning in infinity, he is a foreign man.......

1. Gazareth

Alright Betty?

2. RICHTO
      Mushroom

£31 a month is with a subsidised handset. Its less if you want contract only.

5. Neill Mitchell

500Mb? Seriously? Sheesh.

Like putting a 1 gallon fuel tank in a Ferrari.

1. James 100

Re: 500Mb? Seriously? Sheesh.

500 Mb is fine for regular handset usage - it's the plan I'm on right now, and barely use half each month. I use wifi at work and at home anyway for the sake of speed, plus anywhere else that has it (increasing number of restaurant + coffee places these days) - which pretty much just leaves the train journey to/from work.

Of course, hook up the laptop and I could have blown the 500 Mb in minutes - or, for that matter, just pulling down a couple of app updates to the phone. Exactly the sort of cases 4G should be aimed at, in fact: the people (like me!) who have a use for a 500 Mb plan (as opposed to the 10Gb one I have on the tablet, so I can watch video, tether etc) really won't benefit from 4G even if they do get that signal.

I must admit, I saw those prices - having just been looking at 3G sim-only prices for a new c 500 Mb/month plus a few minutes+texts, and settled on a £6.90/month one - and wondered if they'd used some other currency by mistake. Squeeze the monopoly while you can?

6. Ol'Peculier

Roaming

Does anybody know if the £5 a month for overseas use can be purchased ad-hoc, or do you have to stump up for it for the duration of your contract?

Still reeling for one phone call in America that cost me over £10...

7. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

rotfl

they forgot we're still in the middle of a deep economic shit and people are not exactly oveflowing with spare money. I can't believe how stupid they are, they got this 6 - 12 months headstart, a perfect way to lock in as many punters as possible for a good few years to come, as once they join, most of them will stay. Instead they went for a fast buck, but with those caps... they won't get many of us, plebs, to join ;)

8. Ged T
    Coat

A case of Deep Pocket Inspection?

Mine's the one with the big pockets that used to hold my money, until I went for everything, everywhere...

9. Robert E A Harvey

Fixed it for you

"Everything Everywhere prices up"

That's about it.

10. RainForestGuppy

WOW 4G

With 4G you can now wipe out your pathetic data allowance 10 times faster than 3G users.

All the telcos in the UK are a pile of S**t. What's the point of fast data access if you then end up spending £00's each month be cause you've gone over your allowance.

This is hardly doing anything to improve the UK's reputation as a digital economy. It's a bit like expanding the first mile of a motorway to 8 lanes, and then claiming that this will improve performance across the whole road system.

Before selling the licenses, the government should have stipulated that any operator of 4G MUST offer a minimum of 100GB of data free each month, with defined maximum contention ratios

1. PassiveSmoking

Re: WOW 4G

You might want to look at Three or GiffGaff.

1. GettinSadda

"You might want to look at Three or GiffGaff."

And which of those is currently offering 4G?

1. Giles Jones Gold badge

Neither. But for most people not living or working in a city the service 4G or not will be identical.

2. dcd
          Stop

Neither.

And neither is EE (read the 4G specs).

2. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: "Before selling the licenses..."

They didn't. They sold them years ago to Tmo/Orange for something completely different, but in that corrupt way that UK regulation has of doing things, the goalposts shifted overnight on a whim and Ofcom handsomely rewarded spectrum hoarding, as opposed to ruthlessly pursuing the efficient use of spectrum that they shove down the neck of lesser mortals, such as the CAA and users of radio mikes among others.

3. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

They know full well that most people won't get much 4G and so won't use up that data. But surely they will argue is it about getting the same amount of information faster, not using up the bandwidth constantly. Just like they argued broadband was about getting things faster.

4. bluest.one

>Before selling the licenses, the government should have stipulated that...

I'm sorry, your cure for corporate inadequacy requires a competent government interested in serving the well being of its citizens and the proper functioning of the country as a whole. Please try to think of another solution.

5. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

100 GB!

Roflmfho!

In other news I hear that Weatherspoons are offering beer at £0.39 a pint because Tesco are offering Value lager at the same price.

You do recall that the MNOs paid a collective £24 billion in that auction AND have to pay for a network as well as giving you a £25 per month iPhone credit agreement? That's £400 per man woman child, customer or not. Would you pay the government for the right to go to work? Do you get a £600 phone from BT or VM and do they pay for the rights to lay copper and fibre?

11. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

"Whether the likes of Vodafone and O2 will dramatically cut prices "

Yeah right.

Option 1: Undercut your competition and hope that enough people notice to get them to sign up to you instead, then further hope that you don't spark a price war, which would damage your profits.

Option 2: See that competition is charging outrageous prices and getting away with it, therefore charge same outrageous prices and get a slice of that pie while you can!

Guess which one is more likely to happen...

12. Jason Hindle

500MB is paltry

Relative to the download speeds allowed. Nice of them to offer to replace my S3 with the LTE version for 99 squids but I'm perfectly happy on my £15.50 a month tariff (especially since the Orange WiFi app automatically connects me to BT hotspots when I'm out and about and all the Orange subscribers I regularly call are magic numbers).

13. Anonymous Coward
    FAIL

This is crazy pricing. LTE is designed from the ground up for data (so much so that voice calls still drop off to 3G), there's no excuse for silly limits like 500Mb, especially when you pay £31 for it.

The competition can't come soon enough.

14. intuneontime

I don't see much point in a 4G plan with only 500mb of data. For £36 a month that's pretty pathetic even for EE/Orange standards... I've been paying the same for unlimited data, calls and 500 minutes of texts for the past two and a bit years (on Orange).

Hugely disappointing.

15. PassiveSmoking
    WTF?

Well my 15 quid all you can eat rolling contract with Three doesn't look like it's any danger for the time being.

16. ukgnome
    Coffee/keyboard

<------- that is all

17. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

£36 per Month for 500mb on a 24 month contract? That's £864 for 12gb or £72 per gigabyte or the best part of a thousand quid for the ability to download one game a year off Steam.

You sure they re-branded to "EE" and it's not actually "FU"?

Fuck EE anyway, they sent me a spam SMS at 07:50 on a Sunday morning. It advertised their LTE service in an area that's not covered for a phone I don't want.

Straw. Camel's back. I got my PAC the next day.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

count yourself lucky

My other half, formerly an Orange customer, had no service all day then 12 text messages at 4 in the fecking morning. Her brother who dares not to live in a city has been kicked off the new EE network altogether due to them deciding to turn off half the stations they've inherited. They can stuff their 4G snugly into the deepest part of their collective back-oassage.

18. squilookle
    Stop

I have no intention of getting a 4G contract when I upgrade in a couple of months - 3G is fast enough for the browsing I do on my phone right now and I'd rather not pay the costs of having 4G - both in terms of money and the hit on battery life.

As long as I can still get a decent contract from them without being forced into LTE, I'll be happy. If not, I'll move.

19. dcd
    Meh

I'll stick with Three UK thanks ...

.... and with high speeds too.

With HSDPA+ up to 21mbps ( I get 16 on a regular basis) and all you can eat data for 15 quid. And I am on PAYG.

Appears to me that a lot of people are being suckered into 4G when they don't even take advantage of what they already have.

Oh, N1 London Balls Pond Road area for anyone who cares to know where I get that speed.

20. Waspy
    FAIL

And to think I was waiting to see what they would offer...

My contract ended last month so I was waiting around for three companies to pull their fingers out: Nokia, to reveal pricing and release dates of their new fancy Lumia 920, Microsoft to reveal the release date of their new fancy Windows Phone 8 and to allow Nokia to reveal the pricing and release dates of their new fancy Lumia and EE to reveal the release date and pricing of their new fancy 4G service...to allow Nokia's new fancy Lumia running Microsoft's new fancy Windows Phone 8 to run on the new fancy 4G network.

I'm glad I didn't bother in the end, I got a £13/month SIM only plan. Here's a note to telco, mobile and software companies the world over: when you announce something, don't wait too long to sell it and when you do, DON'T CHARGE TOO MUCH MORE THAN IT'S WORTH BECAUSE PEOPLE AREN'T FUCKING STUPID

21. Snail

Got to laugh.

If you actually look at the EE website, you'll see those prices are inclusive of handset subsidies. So they aren't true prices.

The actual prices (without handset) are....

ALREADY GOT A 4G READY PHONE?

OUR SIM ONLY PLANS GIVE YOU 4GEE TO GO WITH IT. All 4GEE SIM ONLY PLANS COME WITH UNLIMITED CALLS AND TEXTS.

500MB £21

1GB £26

3GB £31

5GB £36

Still bad, but nearly half the price of the headline grabbing figures above, and not that far off Oranges SIM only prices.

What will be interesting, is what the handset subsidies are like. If they are competitive for something like an iPhone, or SIII, then it could be a whole different game.

1. Anonymous Coward
      WTF?

@Snail

The interesting thing is that even on those prices, 500MB costs you 4.2p per MB, but if you're a data hog, then 5GB is only 0.72p per MB.

Why is that data hogs are magically cheaper to serve? Is their data demand magically compressible? Are the costs of online billing lower when you have more zeros on them? Thought not.

The pricing structure is merely gouging, intended to deter mass adoption (perhaps because EE couldn't cope, possibly to preserve the legacy Torange user base), and probably hoping to set a new benchmark entry price.

Maybe they are right, of course, Apple users queue up to be reamed out for a so-so product, and maybe they'll need an LTE contract to boast about in Starbucks with their iPhone 5, overlooking that this is seven minutes of data download, or whatever.

1. Steve Todd
        Stop

@Ledswinger - not just data

Those rates give you unlimited calls and texts, I assume you ascribe some value for them, otherwise you'd have a dongle rather than a phone.

There are both fixed and variable costs in servicing a line. That's why companies like BT charge line rental plus a per call charge. It's hardly unusual that the cost per item comes down the more of them that you buy.

1. Ed 11

Re: @Ledswinger - not just data

Your dongle has a screen, keyboard, and an appropriately well stocked app store? I'm sold!

Personally, I assign practically nil value to bundled text messages or minutes. Just give me a big, fat, fast data pipe and I'll route my own calls and mesages.

2. MrXavia
      Thumb Down

But massively bad compared to three...

With Three I get better speeds than my home broadband and its £25/Month for unlimited data including tethering!

3. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Or even better for something like the Lumia 920....

22. Fuzz

fallback

The problem here is that EE don't have a nationwide 4G network this means that if they did give you 100GB of data to use you would need to be able to consume it on 4G and 3G and 2G.

Now they could say you can have 100GB of data on 4G and 500MB on legacy networks but this would be a hugely confusing model for most people.

I take it all these packages are advertised as unlimited?

23. blueghostuk

the film service is nothing new, although maybe improved.

orange used to offer a free film via itunes once a week until it was scrapped a few months ago

24. Cliff

Terrible deals

I waited for the deals to be announced as I'm into upgrade month - ouch, sorry T-Mo/EE, nope, lost me to Three.

25. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Greedy Bastards

They can shove all their 4G mast up where the sun does not shine.

Thats all.

26. Fuzz

EE site

If you look at the EE site it seems the pricing is a little more complicated.

e.g if you already have a 4G phone and you want a sim only deal 5GB a month is £36, still expensive but not as bad.

If you just want data you can get a data only plan which according to the website is significantly cheaper for 18 months than it is for 24 months - £26 for 5GB over 18 months or £36 for 5GB over 24 months.

27. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Sorry but...

4G LTE peak rate is approx 300Mbit/s, understood that Mr Av. Punter isn't likely to see that often, but 500MB data allowance at peak rate...

300Mbit/s divided by 8 (bits in a byte) = 37.5MB/s

500MB divided by 37.5MB/s = 13.33s

You can spend just over 13 seconds a month downloading things... ?!

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Sorry but...

so one accidental click on a download could make you go over your allowance in under 14 seconds....

2. Steve Todd
      Stop

But no-one in the world is providing a 300Mbit service. The best you're likely to get in practice at the moment is about 40Mbit. Blowing through 512MB on that would take you near 2 minutes, and that's only if you are being foolish enough to download a file that size. It should be good enough for a number of hours of constant web browsing.

3. leexgx

the LTE that's going to be used at the start is LTE 100mb (maybe LTE150 on tablets) its LTE-ADV will support them speeds that you posted posted

28. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

The point is?

Those cheaper plans suggest they must think we're all a bit dense - what on earth is the point of an allegedly* fast connection with a 500mb data allowance? With the unhealthy size of webpages (and the bloody ads) these days you can clock that with a few days browsing of El Reg + the Beeb. There's not going to be a lot left for that Full HD grumblefick extravaganza they've been alluding to to pimp the service - 500 meg won't get you much further than the copyright notices, titles and a bit of introductory Bulgarian Airbag action before your bandwidth's throttled back to the glory days of postage stamp sized Realplayer for the actual gruntfest. From memory of the spectacularly over optimistic 3G launch era, the "EE movie streaming service" seems unlikely to offer much more than a bit of free b-roll to demo your new fat pipe to admiring mates**.

It's a bit of dead giveaway they're chucking in minutes galore isn't it - as if no one would notice that voice and data aren't quite the same thing. That really was the point wasn't it - spend a mint on a fast*** data connection because what you really want is a thousand more opportunities to vocalise "I'm on the train" after a liquid workout at the Stoat and Black Pudding.

Sure, you can bump up the ante and get a workable slice of data by chaining yourself to 50 quid odd for two years from a company whose track record with speedy 3G left much to be desired. Personally, I'll stick to the cheap as chips 3G for now thanks, and save the bragging for 2017 when they're begging.

That said, at least this time they won't be pimping ringtones as the must have.

* throttling and inadequate provisioning may apply (see onerous T+Cs)

** Requires proximity to a major road in one of 10 desirable localities

*** The actual value of fast may depend on marketing, weather or proximity to Silicon Roundabout

29. Omgwtfbbqtime
    Alert

Glad I renewed with VM

Galaxy Ace plus (not stellar but free)

unlimited data**

500 texts

200 mins

unlimited calls V to V (land or mobile)

£12/month

* Don't need an S3 - as long as it plays Elder Sign : Omens

**fair use yadda yadda

30. Gazareth

That website's horrific

And why are the 24-month mobile broadband prices higher than the 18-month?

31. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

A fiver a month for EU roaming?

That's not bad at all. Vodafone charge three quid a day for the same facility.

32. tony
    Unhappy

Taxation

Somebodies got to pay for the auction politicians are splashing about like Gordon Brown on steroids.

33. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Why would anyone choose 4G with bad coverage to start and very high tariffs for low allowances over a truly unlimited package with still great speeds on three?

34. Carl Williams

Unlimited Browsing and email too

Having just upgraded and checked T's and C's with the agent on the phone I was confidently told my T-Mob contract included unlimited web browsing and email syncing. the 750mb data allowance figure I was given was for downloads and streaming etc. Having burnt through 2 boosters (50mb and 10mb) in 4 days on holiday I wanted confirmation. Should be the same on a 4g deal too.

35. DirkGently
    WTF?

EE:

Extremely Expensive

36. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

evil diskheads.......

Well done EE, 500mb for 36 quid?

If the real-world download speed of their LTE network is 30mbps that means you can eat your 500mb in 133 seconds.

Or put another way when downloading at 30mbps you'd be spending 27p per/sec!

Better not click on a file download link by accident on their network..... Cancel the download in four seconds and you've already burned through over a quid's worth of your data bundle, that my friends doesn't just suck it blows chunks

37. Steve Todd
    Stop

3G Networks in City Centres

The problem is that there are all these freetards that have bought an "unlimited" 3G contract and are determined to get the most out of it. The result is that the network slows to a crawl at lunch times and doesn't pick up much during the afternoon.

4G promises to fix that, though in the short term at least it's being sold as a premium service. The same kind of thing happened when 3G launched BTW, you had a whole bunch of cheapskates who complained that it was expensive and limited in coverage, and there was no way that they would be paying for it.

38. Chandy
    FAIL

uhh, no

I'll stick with my unlimited data at 7Mbs on three, thanks.

1. Chandy

Re: uhh, no

7 Mb/s (actually tested, not marketing lies).

39. xyz Silver badge
    FAIL

I live in Lewisham and....

....I'd be just be happy if I got a bloody signal to make a phone call on. Middle of nowhere Spain....effing excellent reception, middle of London, eff all. I'll stick with my tenner a month contract until I stop having to hang out of a window to make a call.

1. Steve Todd

Re: I live in Lewisham and....

Small world, and yet I have had no problems with 3, O2 and T Mobile signals in my part of Lewisham. The gods of Telecoms must hate you.

40. h3

This is pretty much an incremental upgrade.

(You could get the sort of speeds they are offering under HSPA+)

They should do LTE at 800mhz that would be good.

Indoors O2 & Vodafone at 900mhz is great signal quality compared to Three / EE

It is a marketing exercise. (4G Did mean 100Mb/s moving / 1000Mb/s stationary)

40Mb Down / 20Mb up is not really that much better than what Three has already.

(Probably less places will get it).

1. leexgx

THree use the 3g DC-HSPA+(42mb) that shares HSPA+(21mb/14mb) and HSDPA 7.2mb so real speeds on three tend to be more around 3-10mb on tablet/Dongles that support DC-HSPA+ (42mb) as i know of no phone that supports DC-HSPA+

LTE 100mb is first 4g tech in the UK (up to 100-150mb on tablets all mobile phones 100mb Not moving,, USeable most likey 20-60mb to begin with until more uses start to use it) is what's been implemented in the UK

LTE-ADV will be the one that supports up to 1000mb not moving (500-600mb usable per device) and 100mb when moving at high speed (like an train), next 3-7 years

1. ARGO

A few 42M phones are in the UK already

"i know of no phone that supports DC-HSPA+"

Of the phones generally available in the UK, Sony Xperia T, one of the Nokia Lumias, and the iPhone 5 all have DC-42 support.

In addition all the LTE capable handsets can do DC-42, but there aren't many UK networks selling these yet ....

41. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Got my Note 2 (non LTE) version happily slurping my 'old' T-Mobile Android 3GB monthly allowance for under £5 a month - was a £10 a month contract but it ended and decided to stick with contract alone and buy the phone sim free and unlocked from Amazon.

Quick snip snip with the scissors and I had a micro sim to fit.

42. mickey mouse the fith

two things...

1: It would be nice if they sorted out their 2g/3g coverage first. Where I live, there is no 3g for at least 10 miles square on any network. In the nearest big town there is 3g coverage, but its so oversubscribed that you would be hard pressed to notice the diference to an edge connection. At my house there is between 1 and no bars on 2g outside, nothing inside.

2: Those prices and data allowences are ridiculous, at full speed your entire allowence has gone in a few minutes. Whats the point in that?

Also, if it has to fall back to 3g/edge/gprs over large swaithes of the country, its really bad value for money compared to an unlimited 3g tarriff. In fact, you would have to be a bit of a fool to buy into it at this point in time.

43. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

I'm quite baffled

at those silly caps. You'd think that the whole point of LTE was to get A LOT OF data A LOT faster. Instead, you're going to get VERY LITTLE data A LOT faster (for seriously silly money, given how little data). So why would anyone want this service? To open this or that page, or email half a second faster? To show your mates this cool youtube vid, like it's f... fast, maaaaan!

It would be really sad if it turns out they were right and lots of people are really that stupid to sign up for this service and pay for nothing. And, if they're successful, their competitors next year will have no incentive to come up with lower prices, why would they?

44. Jock in a Frock

I have personally installed O2's 4G backhaul fibre transmission equipment (between their core switching sites) in Slough, Yate and Birmingham, and I will be involved in the same for Vodafone in the near future. I'm sure EE have installed similar, as the bandwidth demands for 4G are far too much for existing 3G backhaul networks to just swallow (although the core backhaul is the same technology - Layer 2 Ethernet switching over DWDM links).

45. cantankerousblogger
    FAIL

OFCOM is a waste of £115 million p.a. You might as well just burn the money.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like