back to article Slideshow: A History of James Bond in 20 Games

As the latest James Bond game - 007 Legends - shoots its way to shop shelves this week ahead of Skyfall's release on 26 October, we decided jump aboard the nostalgia train with a look back at Bond-theme games from yesteryear. 007 Legends Get bent! Since the very first virtual 007 adventure - the Parker Brother's James Bond …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Compact101
    Happy

James Pond???

Surely must be in the list

1. Ben 77
      Thumb Up

Re: James Pond???

James Pond was the best of the lot on the Mega Drive - but then we never did get GoldenEye on Sega consoles...

2. Caleb Cox (Written by Reg staff)

Awesome game, I was only 7 and yet remember it pondly

3. Bad Beaver
      Happy

There also was a sequel as far as I remember. Very good game.

I also remember hating the guts of both Licence to Kill and The Spy Who Loved Me while loving them to death. They were damn hard. BAD SHOW, JAMES!

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Been reading GamesTM, I see.

Or did you crib this article from some other publication's coverage of the history of James Bond games, this month?

1. Caleb Cox (Written by Reg staff)

Re: Been reading GamesTM, I see.

Or... maybe we came up with the idea all by ourselves, based on the fact there's a new game out this week and a new film out next week... *shock* shirley not?

I hardly thought looking back at all the old Bond videogames would be the most original of ideas this month, but I assure you it wasn't a spur of the moment thing based on 'cribbing' content from other sites. It's merely logic.

I glanced at the GamesTM article you're on about after reading your comment just now and aside from the fact we both talk about retro Bond games, these couldn't be more different if they tried. What am I missing?

1. Trokair 1
        Coat

Re: Been reading GamesTM, I see.

And don't call me Shirley......

3. Alister
    WTF?

In The World is not Enough, the player appears to be holding a sonic screwdriver?

4. Harvey Trowell
    WTF?

Operation Stealth

I had Operation Stealth on the Amiga, and a very stylish game it was too. Didn't realise it was in any way connected to the Bond franchise until I read this article. Following a quick search of t'internet, it turns out that was only the US version, so I'm not losing my marbles. Which is nice.

5. Isendel Steel
    Mushroom

007 Racing

I had to look twice - I thought that was a sofa the car was avoiding (shades of Ford and Arthur) - then realised it was a tank....hence the need for missiles.

1. Kris Akabusi
      Thumb Up

Re: 007 Racing

I thought it was a giant sofa as well!

<BondMode>Ingenious plan Blofeld, make furniture 5 times larger so everyone thinks their shrinking.</BondMode>

6. Dave 126 Silver badge

Most realistic GoldenEye mod ever:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=7RR5V0rmN4o

You knows it

7. Enjibenji
    Thumb Up

Spy who loved me

Got some fond memories of that on the Atari ST. You can tell whether a James Bond game is any good by whether there was a spoof BBFC ratings screen at the start (see Goldeneye)

8. Sam Riverside
    Happy

Tomorrow Never Dies

Tomorrow Never Dies on PS1 many an hour me and my brother clocked up on that game!

9. Shane Sturrock

Goldeneye 007 Wii?

Why pick Goldeneye Reloaded and not mention that the game originally appeared on the Wii. I picked it up a few weeks ago and really enjoyed it. Certainly the best FPS on the Wii and graphically it isn't too bad. Textures are a bit thin on the ground but it plays well and recreates much of the original N64 version well. Choice of controls (Wiimote+nunchuck, classic controller or GCN controller) mean it is very playable. I ended up settling on my GCN Wavebird.

10. pk123

007 Quantum of Solace

Now that was a game that was way better than the film!!

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like