back to article Morse! Shoved! Out of! Yahoo! Beneath! Giant! Golden! Parachute!

Yahoo's sacked chief financial officer Tim Morse is going to get a nice little package for his "termination without cause". Morse, who briefly stood in as interim CEO after ex-chief Carol Bartz got the boot, was himself shown the door by ex-Googler and current top dog Marissa Mayer in September and immediately replaced by …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. nuked
    Pint

Nice to see that the global economic problems are hitting everyone's pockets hard.

1. Arrrggghh-otron

Were all in this together.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

He's worth every penny...

...if he can make Yahoo! look like a sensible investment

3. 27escape

Obviously not involved in hiring his successor

...With those wage and bonus increases

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Obviously not involved in hiring his successor

I agree. According to the numbers, Yahoo! must be doing much better than it was when Morse was hired.

Otherwise they wouldn't be firing him.

4. Michael H.F. Wilkinson Silver badge
    Joke

Doesn't it hurt?

when a giant golden parachute hits you on the head after landing.

One would almost hope so

5. Chris Miller

Wow

Imagine how much he would have got had he been successful.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Wow

the same :)

6. wowfood

So

The people who actually make the companies run get "let go" and pretty much get a big "fuck you" for working there so many years. These are people who are living on a low budget anyway.

The CFO and other CO folks at the top earn more in a year than most of the pupulation will earn in a lifetime, and upon their severance they're paid double that again.

Such a lovely world we live in. And they wonder why all these big companies are going broke.

"Hmm, we're losing 5 million each year... We could slash the earnings of our top 5% by 10% to make back this loss, and still keep all our staff hired. Or we could fire a few thousand people on the bottom rung, make the remaining people work twice as hard, and then, when we realize we don't have enough staff to actually keep productivity high enough fire the current top 5% for poor performance, while paying out even more in redundancies, and then hire people to replace them with a starting bonus, and even higher wages.

Firing the few thousand it is."

1. Tom 38

Re: So

We could slash the earnings of our top 5% by 10% to make back this loss, and still keep all our staff hired

See, that sounds so tempting, doesn't it? Unfortunately, if you tell your high performing sales staff that their commission is going down 5%, they'll just leave.

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

And Yahoo! has high performing sales staff?

1. Tom 38

$4 billion in revenue doesn't just appear.

7. ItsNotMe
    Devil

Feel sorry for the chap, actually.

Just don't know how he is going to manage on $7.65 million in severance pay.

8. Anonymous Coward
    Devil

Me next, Please. Me! Me! Me!

Can I be CEO of Yahoo! next please? Oh, can I? Just for a few months... I won't even do anything, promise!

In fact, I'll even work for free, but not without the severance pay.

Don't bother with the stock options, though.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like