back to article Apple supplier AU Optronics suffers IP theft blow

Two former execs from Taiwanese flat panel-maker and Apple supplier AU Optronics have been arrested on suspicion of carrying out industrial espionage for their new employer, Chinese electronics firm TCL. The two – surnamed Lien and Wang – were pulled in for questioning by the Taiwanese Bureau of Investigation last month, …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Facepalm

How does Apple figure into this?

I enjoy reading articles that actually relate to Apple, but AU Optronics is a large supplier who make many of the panels that the entire industry uses, reducing it to being "Apple supplier" is ridiculous. Would you title as "Apple supplier Intel ..." too"?

Apple doesn't even use the AMOLED - not written Amoled, btw - tech that was stolen.

El reg linkbait at it's best.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Now you

Know how China is bucking the trend and still has significant economic growth. They steal and copy. Time to bring production and jobs back.

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

Re: Now you

Luckily they produce poor products around the stolen technology. Usually cheap phones and tablets you find on ebay for £50.

Obviously nobody bothers to design anything particularly good as it will just get copied. I bought an IP Camera and found it was a clone of a Foscam design. One of about 8 different clones all by different companies. No branding and very hard to find out who made it. It's what the UK would be like without copyrights and patents.

1. Erwin Hofmann
          Thumb Down

Re: "It's what the UK would be like without copyrights and patents" ...

... wrong conclusion, ...this is what the UK is like with copyrights and patents ...

2. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

Re: Now you

"Time to bring production and jobs back"

And add 50% to the ticket price....

2. ukgnome
    Joke

Time to bring production and jobs back

You will never bring Jobs back. He's dead Jim, dead!

1. Captain DaFt

Re: Time to bring production and jobs back

I dunno... Maybe you could just prop him in the corner? Nobody really knows what the half-life is for a reality distortion field.

3. Bruno Garcia

China

Simply saying that it "Sent data to an IP in China" does not mean it was Chinese espionage.

I don't think a clever guy would spy on an American company for example, and send all data to an IP inside the US. It wouldn't be long until he'd be tracked down by one of those agencies.

Not arguing about the cases with proofs against a Chinese company/government/citizen.

http://blog.brunogarcia.com

This topic is closed for new posts.