back to article Spiceheads keep Austin weird at IT's Comic Con

Spiceworld 2012* was in Austin, Texas. I spent my time there grilling vendor reps at the booths, talking to attendees and collaborating with Spiceworks employees. I'll save the article on "what's new in Spiceworks" as well as the feeds and speeds for later, after I've done some compare-and-contrast in the lab. Instead, I bring …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Gavin McMenemy
    Mushroom

Spiceworks is great!

We use it here in the office and it is a real boon to us: both at the community level and the actual functionality.

Yes I have a few complaints but on the whole we are very happy with SW.

SpiceRex! RAWR!

(nuke? how else are we doing to bring back the dinosaurs!)

1. phuzz Silver badge
      Thumb Up

Re: Spiceworks is great!

It is as good as all that.

Simply put, if you have less than a thousand devices/users then Spiceworks is perfect for you.

Unless you religiously only run linux like my new job.

Did we mention it's free?

1. 4.1.3_U1

Re: Spiceworks is great!

"Unless you religiously only run linux like my new job."

ahh, I was about to say what is Spiceworks ... but maybe I don't need to.

2. Tom 38
    Thumb Up

Spiceworld

My favourite bit in Spiceworld is when the girls get to the Albert Hall and run up the steps to the Rocky theme, it's so emotional it really cracks me up.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

The difference between shill and journalist...

...is full disclosure. As long as everything is transparent, El Reg readers are intelligent enough and skeptical (cynical?) enough to decide how to use the opinions presented to them.

4. maximillianx
    Thumb Up

Comic-Con for IT - I like that

Totally agree. The environment is casual, fun and informative. Thanks so much for coming and I know as a user, it means a lot to see you here talking about Spiceworld at the Register. Also, thanks for engaging during the breakout sessions - you have a lot of knowledge to impart. We are eager to learn!

Best,

Rob

5. Huw D
    Pint

Karaoke

Having been at Spiceworld London 2012 all I can say is "Smells Like Teen Spirit" will never be the same...

6. Rukario
    Flame

RAWR!

Should be a green fire-breathing dragon.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2012/08/29/samsung_dragon/

7. Dog@86G

*Ahem*

Livin it, lovin it, have it!

Spiceworks does exactly what it says on the tin, go on, Spice up your life

This topic is closed for new posts.