back to article Microsoft Halo 4 launch countdown continues as game leaks online

Code for Microsoft's upcoming shooter Halo 4 has leaked online three weeks ahead of the game's launch, prompting investigation and action from team Xbox. Images of Halo 4 game disks appeared up on the NeoGaf forums last Friday and footage of the eagerly awaited FPS being played has since flooded the net. Fans are warned to …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Shady
    Trollface

Gah!!

Two discs? They could at least have offered an HD-DVD version....

1. Miek
      Trollface

Re: Gah!!

" They could at least have offered an HD-DVD version" -- Nice one! Presumably they could still release a Blu-Ray disk, oh wait ....

1. Turk3y
        Trollface

The second disk is apparently a mandatory 8GB hdd install for multiplayer, so perhaps its not so far of a Blu Ray release after all

2. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

There will be a cassette version won't there?

1. Dave 126 Silver badge

Cassette version!

Nice one... I can imagine a Spectrum version of Halo 4 now... a bit like when the fully 3D game Tony Hawks Pro Skater was released as an isometric (IIRC) version for the 8-bit Gameboy Color.

2. Steve Knox
        Windows

Cassette!? You were lucky. We used t' dream of games on cassette. In my day, games came in magazine form. We spent 27 hours a day typin' in t'code, only to have a syntax error on line 130...

3. Captain Scarlet Silver badge

Could be worse, could be 8 GD Roms!

4. adam payne

I'll wait for the 5.25 floppy disk version.

5. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Ssshhhh, the Xbox fanboys get all upset when you talk about all the useless Xbox shit they wasted cash on, like the HDDVD bolt-on.

Anyone know midway through what repetitive level will you have to switch disks? And if you need to switch them back and forth all the time?

My PS2 was equipped with DVD drive, but I recall it could use the whole space rather than the rubbish Xbox 6.8gb limit.

www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/digitalfoundry-the-fight-against-console-piracy

1. RICHTO
        Mushroom

Well the same could be said of PS3 owners who bought it as a media player and then found that Cinavia made it a useless pile of crap....

Not to mention having to wait ages to install most major PS3 games in their entirety to the hard disk because the PS3 Blu Ray drive is half the speed of the DVD drive on the Xbox 360...

Then the annoyance that most games that are on both platforms are inferior on the PS3 due to the more powerful GPU in the 360...

1. RICHTO
          Mushroom

Oh and lets not forget having all of your personal information broadcast over the internet because Sony built their network gaming platform on Linux Swiss Cheese and didnt keep it's zillions of vulnerabilities secured....And then a few weeks outage while they fixed the mess....

1. Anonymous Coward
            Anonymous Coward

LOL, because the only console that's not really had any piracy this gen, is ..... the PS3..... Everything else, piracy is rife. That's why the freetards hate Sony and the PS3. They want a better console like the PS3, but don't want to PAY for the games...

When they grow up, they will understand that if everyone stole everything, there would be no companies making anything.....

2. RICHTO
        Mushroom

nb - Xbox 360 limit is 8.5GB per disk, not 6.8GB : http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=736274

1. Anonymous Coward
          Anonymous Coward

I wouldn't trust what you read on a forum. The limit is 6.8Gb, the rest of the disk is full with security sectors to try (and fail) to stop freetards (re: Cinavia) like yourself copying games.

2. Goat Jam
          Thumb Up

Re: Gah

Yay, an Xbox vs PS3 fanboy flamewar, because surely the internet hasn't got enough of those . . .

6. tony
      Trollface

looks like you caught one.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

I, on the other hand...

Am still waiting for H3 on the PC.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: I, on the other hand...

Why? If you have a gaming PC you could actually play a decent FPS.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Fans are warned to steer clear

as it's just another lame rehash of the same game again.

1. Mogzy
      Thumb Down

Re: Fans are warned to steer clear

@AC

*sigh*

Tell me you're not a COD fan, as that series is even worse for that

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

Re: Fans are warned to steer clear

Every CoD game since about the second one, all Battlefield games since Vietnam, every single Halo game.

They're all repetitive dross.

2. TonyHoyle

You may have a point.. they had it at a show I went to at the weekend.. It didn't look any different to anything else of that ilk to me (those that were playing it didn't even appear to have a learning curve, which could be counted as a good thing depending on how you look at it).

Graphics were pretty though, and I'm sure it'll sell by the truckload & be a big hit .

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Will there be a PC version? Because i can't wait to get my hands on the low resolution textures, bad gameplay and the (i suspect) poorly thought out storyline.

Should've killed this series at Halo 1.

1. Scott 2
      Pirate

There won't be a PC version, because PC's are rife with piracy, and it just wouldn't do to eat into their profits.

Consoles simply don't suffer from piracy. This is why PC versions come out later, because they just can't risk a leak - or filthy pirates - from losing them sales. Oh, and they need extra time to incorporate highly effective DRM for 'profit preservation' because as we all know, each pirated copy = one lost sale.

Nope, the Xbox is the only viable platform to release games and steer clear from those smelly pirates.

Yesserie.

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Big deal, you see his eyes and can tell hers an old man. That hardly ruins the otherwise boring ending.

I think this series will quickly slide into the crapper now that bungie has moved on. That's a good sign sign imo the series should have ended but microsoft doesn't really have any decent exclusive software so they have to milk it. They've pretty much alienated every development house they bought it seems or worse yet sucked the life out of them like rare.

6. Anonymous Coward
    Pirate

Playing it now...

Its bloody good as well....

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like