back to article IT shops boycott Bangalore strike

India's IT capital, Bangalore, ground to a halt on Saturday after protests over the allocation of water. The reason for the protests is a decision that one Indian State, Karnataka, must allocate water from the Kaveri river to another State, Tamil Nadu. Karanatakans think that's a bad idea as the State has a water shortage. The …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

They want to live in the South of England where they introduced a hosepipe ban during the wettest summer on record.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

From where they *pretend* to offer *IT service* with "IT staff" and the customers *pretend* to pay them.

Plus, poor Tamils, they get it from all sides, about as popular as a fart in a spacesuit. M.I.A. is pretty cool tho.

1. JaitcH
      WTF?

Last time I heard ...

@Anonymous Coward

Tamils inhabited, or at least used to until they were exterminated, Sri Lanka, formerly Ceylon.

1. David Neil
        Thumb Down

Re: Last time I heard ...

Southern India as well as Sri Lanka.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tamil_people (yes yes I know it's Wiki, but a check of some references should suffice as well)

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

"IT shops boycott Bangalore strike"

To continue spoof calling UK residents claiming they have an infected computer and sell credit card details

4. JaitcH
    WTF?

Anyone who has visited India ...

would winder on what basis they call the fluid flowing in river beds 'water'.

They wash in the rivers, defecate in the rivers and, as a parting gift, they throw dead bodies and cremation ashes in the river.

Maybe that is the source of 'India Ink'?

1. door

Re: Anyone who has visited India ...

The UK so clean is it ? Take a stroll to one of the lovely clean beaches - like Blackpool, you won't find drunks urinating in the so called *water* there hey ? All the crap you find in the UK beaches, are you telling me its clean water here ? Who are you kidding ? Before making such comments on rituals performed overseas and disrespecting other religions by doing so, just shows your lack of knowledge and ignorance. Clean up your own country before trying to point fingers at others.

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

Re: Anyone who has visited India ...

Being done already, in progress for many years. As part of the EU, the UK has really no choice but to do it anyway. 2015 appears to be the first evaluation stage of results.

http://www.wildlondon.org.uk/water-framework-directive

http://www.ukmarinesac.org.uk/activities/water-quality/wq1_3.htm

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Wipro stole my job.

It was hilarious. Having bid way lower than we could, they got the job of looking after a VMS system. Nothing they tried to do worked. Turned out they thought it said MVS. We enjoyed having them call up and ask for our help.

1. This post has been deleted by its author

2. PeterM42
      WTF?

Re: Wipro stole my job.

Took mine too.

It is nice to know that companies vital infrastructure support is being looked after so well. (Cough!)

Mind you, they were better than Siemens or IBM (not difficult, that). If they had spent the same amount of money on in-house staff, they would have had an amazing system, but when the management didn't know what they were doing, there is no hope!

3. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Wipro stole my job.

Have also seen WiPro operating in a UK Port Authority which shall remain nameless, but apart from being severely mysteriously keen to hire WiPro as his database coders, the IT manager seemed to be generally regarded as completely incompetent by other departments, and liked to hire very low-brow UK techies so as not to compete with him directly! ;)

Oh, and he also had a microwave dish link that failed with literally completely predictable regularity whenever one of the port cranes (on rails!) moved to service a docking ship, thus blocking the signal, and taking out the phones and data to the outer half of the port, thus requiring a phyical visit and reset. True genius. Someone needs to tell him where Maplins are.

And, not WiPro, but a small Indian IT coding company got bought by my old company's HQ in Cali.

(Background note-they bought the EU office's company many years back)

They promptly close their cheapest and most experienced office (in EU), a year after building a shiny new replacement office at the EU location, and try to farm out the work to the Indian office (which also seemingly needed a new office built).

Indian office gets closed about 1 year after this.

Seems some Java and .Net and VB only gets you so far, when what you probably need is 8 to 16 years of C++ experience coding embedded hardware.....

Still, was great sending them an empty server, claiming data security in transit was an issue.....wonder if they sent all that kit back again to Cali HQ :P

Don''t worry, they fired the hippy boomer retard that got himself hired in Cali to do this, plus his mate that he brought in. Both of them always push work to India after pretending to "evaluate" the situation at the victim sites. They also busted him for secretly bringing one of the Indian company founders on contract to Cali on a nice rate as a "coder".

Finally, they gave him the heave under a technical misdemeanor charge, so they didn't have to say what he had really been up to, which was much much worse, plus he had got to Senior VP which was kind of embarrassing. The technical misdemeanor involved an office girl, which in itself was suspicious as he looked more like Santa Claus with glasses than anything else .... a little like Ricky Tomlinon in The Royle Family, if you get my drift, from a Brit TV point of view.

6. Matthew Harris 1

Wipro Bangalore

I've visited the Wipro campus in Bangalore about a year ago, it's very nice. More like a small town, with some staff living on site. It is one of many across the country. Bangalore in comparison with other large Indian cities is pretty nice too.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Wipro Bangalore

Take it they didn''t mention this then :P

http://www.channelregister.co.uk/2009/01/12/world_bank_black_list/

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like