back to article Samsung expects whopping $7.3bn profit from mobes

Samsung reckons it's in line for a record quarterly operating profit after Apple's reduced orders for chips and screens seem to have failed to make a dent in the South Korean business. The fruity firm is clearly hoping to hamper or just distance itself from the South Korean firm by unwinding their long partnership as their …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Khaptain Silver badge
    Joke

Dollar notes

7.6 Billion Dollars = 30.4 Billion rounded corners ........ Now that's a lot of corners

1. Shagbag

"in order to secure a win against Apple's new iPhone"

WTF is the author drinking?

The new iPhone in pants and "the fruity firm"'s (geez I'm beginning to hate that) next quarterly turnover figures will bare that out.

2. Lockwood
    Trollface

I thought Apple patented making money from making mobiles.

LAWSUIT!

3. Matt Bryant Silver badge
    Happy

LOL!

I always wondered if the Apple lawsuits could backfire on Apple. After all, there must have been some people that hadn't heard of or considered Samsung phones or tablest that said to themselves, "Well, they must be good if Apple is so scared of them!"

4. Will Godfrey Silver badge

The thing is, Apple only has one product, and that's not phones or tablets. It is 'Cool'. Should they ever lose that (not beyond the bounds of possibility) they are likely to sink like a stone. Samsung, on the other hand, has no 'Cool' to speak of, but it does have a huge product portfolio. I don't see it losing all of those lines in the immediate future.

5. ZoesDad

Quite believable

Samsung seem to be the main competitor for Apple; Sony and LG aren't in the same league and HTC have shot themselves in the foot with the problematic One X and One S.

1. Mark .

Re: Quite believable

Whilst I like Samsung the most, sorry, I'd take any of those over Apple any day. They all run the same open platform anyway, and they all have decent hardware, rather than Apple's last year spec, where the main selling features are a 4" screen and maps that don't work.

2. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Quite believable

Sony and LG ARE in the same league from a product perspective, they have some superb Android phones, but the sheep-like mentality of only buying what the television tells you to buy means only the smart cookies actually investigate them.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like