back to article Yahoo! CEO! births! bouncing! baby! boy!

Yahoo! CEO Marissa Mayer added another title to her résumé last night: Mom. On Monday morning, husband Zachary Bogue, a partner in the investment group Data Collective, tweeted about the blessed event, saying "Baby boy Bogue born last night. Mom (@marissamayer) and baby are doing great--we couldn't be more excited!" A Yahoo! …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

I guess she's fucked then

/get's coat....

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

No

She has plenty of money,round the clock child care, wet nurse etc etc.

Only 21 years from now will she wonder why her son is in prison and on drugs...

"But he had everything he wanted!" She stated in her defence.

To which he replied

"Abandoned from week two, always claimed we had quality time, but I never saw her...."

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

Re: No

I was referring to a more, ahem, basic meaning.

2. JDX Gold badge

Back to work in 1-2 weeks?

Prioritise your child you silly woman!

1. Tom Maddox Silver badge
      Facepalm

Re: Back to work in 1-2 weeks?

Seriously! And what are you doing working in the first place? Take off those shoes, get back in the kitchen, and make your husband a damn sammich!

1. Matt Bucknall
        Facepalm

Re: Back to work in 1-2 weeks? @ Maddox

It has got nothing to do with sexism.There is nothing more important to a baby than the bond it shares with its mother (something which is supposed to be reciprocated) - Nature just doesn't do the whole 'equal opportunities in the workplace' thing.

1. Tom Maddox Silver badge
          Facepalm

And people wonder why there aren't more women in IT . . .

1. Mike Taylor

Amen to that, the comments here read like the Daily Mail, ffs. Nice one, "guys". Guess you've not noticed that there are plenty of well-balanced kids whose mums worked. And plenty of screw ups whose parents have never been employed. But don't let facts get in the way of commenting, please.

2. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Back to work in 1-2 weeks?

Choice between going back to work for Yahoo and caring for your newborn son?

Even with that pay packet, it's not exactly a difficult decision...

3. Captain DaFt

Bogue?

Apparently she's not too happy with her little bundle of joy, or not up on current culture.*

*Checkout "bogue" in the Urban Dictionary.

4. The Real Loki
    Facepalm

Oh ffs - give over with the ! between every word. It's not big and it's not clever but it certainly gets old very quickly!

1. Anonymous Coward
      Thumb Down

"gets old very quickly"

So do the whiny comments about it

5. stanimir

I sincerely wish 'em health, yet opting for the work instead the newly born son is unhealthy. I just can't imagine her working while the little punk (any info if he had any hair) cries like ermm a baby.

6. jake Silver badge

At least he'll ...

... have the best MommyNanny that money can buy. Poor little kid.

7. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Baby names....

.....wonder if they considered "Phoenix" as a name? As in rising from the ashes of Yahoo!

8. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

What about Dad?

What's all this about Moms and Nannys - where are the Dads!?

My wife and I BOTH work four days per week (different days off) to look after our two year old, and she's at nursery three days. We both took periods of full-time parental leave, alternately. She gets great variety and social skills from being at nursery, but has the majority of time with her folks. Key thing - we were never going to 'outsource' the bringing up of our child... otherwise, why the hell bother having one???

It works brilliantly and we would not have it any other way. More families should try it.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like