back to article Internet s&x auction ends in pregnancy, legal feud

Nobody could have predicted that the plans of a woman in Germany to auction herself online for anonymous sex with six different men could go wrong. Even the noblest of intentions have their ways. After discovering she was pregnant from her amorous senary, the woman successfully sued the web site that hosted the auction to …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Unhappy

German babies are expensive !

German babies are the most expensive to father in Europe. I know this first hand.

In Germany the child has more rights than the parents

When the authorities finally catch up with you and prove fatherhood, your payments are back dated to birth. Also if they stay in full time education, you pay until the child is 27 years old inc. the years national service !!

2. Hans Mustermann
    Coat

Re: German babies are expensive !

Yeah, but you're getting German quality and know-how. Not like those cheap babies made in China ;)

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Whu?

Why on earth should the parents have more rights than the child? They went into the deal taking full responsibility for the consequences of their actions, and the obvious sacrifices this would include. The child, on the other hand, didn't even get to give it's consent. Seems to me that the child should obviously get the most rights.

4. Slaine
    Joke

Q & A

Would you sleep with me for a £100million ? - yes...

Would you sleep with me for £10? - what kind of girl do you think I am?

We've already established that - now I'm just haggling about the price.

5. Damian Gabriel Moran
    Coat

children are smart

because I do not know one child with a job and kids.

6. Anonymous Coward
    Alert

Does the father get a say in "lets abort"?

So, after all this effort, does the father get to say "I don't want a child, I'd like you to abort"?

One would bloody hope so.

The men in question *obviously* were not looking for fatherhood.

If the lady in question is forcing one to become a father here, when there is still time to avoid it, that would be very, very wrong.

7. JP
    Heart

What do you tell the child?

"Mummy made some money sleeping with men, and then you came along, and threw the whole business plan out the window...

But never mind. We got monthly cheques now!"

Happy Valentines!

8. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Title

One auction, six winners ?

I think she was flogging the same item to all !

9. DZ-Jay

Re: Lis Paratt

>> "The child, on the other hand, didn't even get to give it's consent. Seems to me that the child should obviously get the most rights."

Children do not pay taxes. They are not productive citizens of the state. They do not provide direct value to society, only the potential for it in the future. Seems to me that the parents should obviously get the most rights, which then should protect and care for their children responsibly.

By your logic, I should be able to demand from my government privileges offered by a different country, or decline to adhere to its laws or pay its taxes -- after all, it wasn't my fault that I was born here; I didn't get a choice in the matter, so why should I have to be subject to it?

-dZ.

10. Steve Evans

@Anonymous Coward

27!

Yeee Gods!

I've often heard the joke about German children going to school, college, then university, and when they finally leave university they pick up their pension on the way out, but I didn't know it was really that bad!

11. Anonymous Coward
    Unhappy

@Lisa Parratt

"Why on earth should the parents have more rights than the child? They went into the deal taking full responsibility for the consequences of their actions"

This could be a case of what happened to me, entrapment.

In Germany I have heard of a number of cases where girls get to the magic late 20's and decide it time to have a baby. They then look to trap a guy by having his baby without his consent. The girl that trapped me was actually seeing 2 other married guy's with the secret aim of getting a baby. She has since admitted it.

12. Ben Gibson

It is the only way

There isn't any other way to do it, unless you wish to either force the women to abort, which would be ethically and morally terrible, or deny a child the information required to know who his other parent is, which I think should be a right.

Sure the men certainly didn't want to have a kid and probably presumed that matters were in place to prevent it, but at the end of the day, you take the chance.

13. Anonymous Coward
    Paris Hilton

refund?

Surely the (un)lucky father should at least get a refund from the woman in question? Because, let's face it, he's not getting the goods he expected (an uncomplicated sexual encounter).

Paris, because even she is clever enough to use contraceptives.

14. Master Baker
    Stop

Be wary

It's enough to put you off gangbanging for life

15. Stu
    Alert

Clearly wanted the baby....

So lets go back to basics here - why the hell was contraception not a factor here at all!?

With the lack of contraception even considered, it sounds to me like she wanted to get pregnant way before she set up the auction.

Could be for one of many different reasons - fame (she got to appear in world famous el-reg), money (for all that child support cash), being a total nut job, etc.

Now not wanting to sound like those arse politicians who reckon certain young women (Chav types) regularly get knocked up just for the support payments, the circumstances in this case are more than a little suspect are they not?

16. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Non fulfilment of contract?

If they bought the service at an auction, then surely by getting pregnant she has broken the terms of the sales contract and they are entitled to their money back and compensation for stress.

17. This post has been deleted by its author

18. Colin Wilson
    Black Helicopters

DNA database

I wonder how long before the UK government use their shiny new DNA database to track errant "fathers" - not only to reclaim benefits already paid for a child, but to stitch them up for all future maintenance payments.

Not only would you be able to get a match via direct DNA match, they could extrapolate "supposed" familial matches to widen the net to get offspring of people already in the database to narrow the search.

If the data could be trusted and 100% accurate, no problem - the issue here is it isn't. The error and false positive rate is soaring as the database fills.

One of the best articles you're likely to find on what the government won't tell you is wrong about DNA matching (and they've actively tried to get the page removed from the net) can be found by searching for "nutteingdq" or "nutteing2" in google.

(don't bother using the newest Firefox beta on these pages though, as it crashes on mine :-})

19. tim morrison
    Stop

Who put the custard in the clown's pocket?

Given that the Fraulein probably had 6 different flavours of custard swilling around in her wizard's sleeve, it will be interesting to see which (or indeed HOW MANY) of the six will be asked to cough up for the three-eyed offspring that results from that recipe.....

20. b166er

Cynical advice

Men, make a donation at the sperm bank and then have the snip.

Then you're in control

21. Steve Roper
    Flame

They're only filthy, scummy men

My question is, if the father has to pay for the upbringing of the child (and the judge has pointed out the child's right to know its father), will he be given equal custody, and a say in how the child is raised? Or, more likely, will he just have to pony up without having any say in the child's upbringing at all? My money is on the latter.

This is what feminism has brought us to. Women are accorded every right to cheat and exploit men as they wish, while men are blamed and demonised and forced to pay while being denied their right to be a father. If she wants support from him, and the kid's rights to a mother and father are so paramount, she should be forced to share equal custody, if she doesn't want to live with him. It is exactly this kind of entrapment behaviour that is why I've refused offers of sex (and I've been made a few!) and never intend to have it. Nobody will ever be able to sock me for maintenance while denying me the right to raise kids. I'd rather not have any.

22. Matt

perhaps I missed somthing....

How was the website allowed to pimp out this woman in the first place? Arent there laws against prostitution in Germany?

23. Michael

@perhaps I missed somthing....

There are no laws against prostitution in Germany. Perfectly legal under most circumstances. Brothels sometimes go through government-run job centrers to find new "employees" in fact.

24. triky
    Heart

@matt

i think that in germany prostitution is legal. similarly to switzerland, you need to have a licence to operate as a sex worker in a designated area. pimps are a no-no and so are brothels.

25. Anonymous Coward
    Paris Hilton

@Steve Evans, Yep 27!!

German's are very organized as well.

The rate you pay is layed out each year in the "duesseldorfer-tabelle"

http://www.finanztip.de/recht/familie/duesseldorfer-tabelle.htm

It's a sliding scale based or your net pay. Remember the Germans have higher income tax (40-50%) but the cost of living is less. So when they see your UK 'take home' placed over the "duesseldorfer-tabelle" they get all excited.

To add to this a child get's a family allowance, which is split 50/50 to mother and father. If you are a German father this amount (kindergeld) is taken off the amount due for maintenance. BUT if you are NOT a German father, you don't get the 50% of the kindergeld. The mother get 100% and the father has to pay his full maintenance.

So be warned boys, a German shag is good, I say very good, just like those nice video's we see. But for the final cost you can get a lot of bad sex elsewhere. And we know everyone likes 'bad' sex.

As a lighter option, get a buy-to-let mortgage, buy a house and invest the same amount of money there. This way you will have something when you retire.

26. Ishkandar
    Black Helicopters

More comments

@Colin Wilson - until they find a kid with more chromosomes that normal !!

@Steve Roper - hence the preference for professionals !! Pay-as-you-go and (hopefully) no lingering after-effects !!

27. Jamie Kitson
    IT Angle

s&x?

Are you not allowed to print "sex"?

I was going to ask about the IT angle, but I guess it is V day after all :)

28. David Bell
    Pirate

Twins

Reminds me of the machine that made the "milkshake" in the movie "Twins" for some reason, only she's the machine.

Perhaps she'll have twins, one tall and muscular, like Arnold Swartzerwotsisname, and on short and fat like Danny De-vito, and we could make a quite unfunny film out of it!?

29. sconzey

I'm sorry... what?

These six gents... had sex with some random woman they met over the internet... and didn't use a condom?

They should be glad a child is *all* they got...

30. Pierre
    Paris Hilton

Ridiculous

I guess that when she'll know who the father is, she'll sue him for rape also?

Some judges are obviously as smart as good ol' Paris...

31. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

What a lot of fuss

About the 'right to know' about a bit of DNA.

It's who nurtures and brings us up that counts, not who conceived us.

---An adopted child.

32. theotherone
    Paris Hilton

duh....

so she slept with 6 unknown men without using a condom????? and now she's bitching about her unborn child's interests? How about AIDS for an interest? silly silly woman...

P.Hilton cause she knows the value of rubber...

33. lglethal Silver badge
    Thumb Down

@ Damian Gabriel Moran

"Children are smart because I do not know one child with a job and kids." You obviously havent been down the Isle of Wight lately! Oh wait you said a JOB and kids. Sorry your right...

Honestly, i have no sympathy for any of these guys - who in their right mind hooks up with a random chick on the internet (or anywhere for that matter) and doesnt wear a condom! Your just asking for unwanted things (VD, pregnancy, etc). Frankly, if a girl says she doesnt want you wearing a condom or that its not necessary than frankly that should be raising the big yellow warning flags right there!

34. Paul Vail

or was this a 'buy it now' item?

One auction, six winners ?

I think she was flogging the same item to all !

Um... isn't this a 'dutch' auction on eBay?

35. Slaine
    Joke

Twins....

That could be Arnold Schwartzen-Linux and Danny De-Vista?

36. Anonymous Coward
    Boffin

Makes me so glad

that I prefer men - none of these complications...

This topic is closed for new posts.