back to article Facebook taunts MySpace with open book policy

Facebook, the mainstream media web darling du jour, has opened up its development platform to allow other firms to develop applications to run on top of the site, broadening the range of features available to users. The news should allow the network's 23 million claimed monthly visitors to integrate their profile with other …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Daniel Voyce

Microsoft's New offering and Facebook?

The new facebook API is pretty awesome, I have been using it for a few months now to integrate parts of a custom networking site into users exisiting facebook accounts.

Also Microsofts new PopFly thing is looking to be a contender to the likes of facebook, Facebook is too rigid to pull in all of the kids who want sparkly pink godawful unreadable profile pages, and by the looks of it this new PopFly thing will allow for custom widget based homepages(possibly pink, sparkly and unreadable) to be created that presumably will include Facebook widgets?

2. Ian Ferguson

RSS

Will this mean we can pull out our own RSS feeds from Facebook, rather than relying on email to notify us of something interesting happening? It always makes me laugh when I receive an email to tell me that somebody has sent me a message on Facebook.

3. Del Merritt

What's the square root of 69?

"... Facebook F8 [geddit?]..."

Um, no. If it's an allusion to the "G8", then there should be a reference to the eight (and only eight) big players/developers. If it's a play on webonyms like "i18n" or "l10n", it should instead be "F7".

Harvies...

4. Chris Harden

Sparkly pink

I hope facebook stays the number 1, the lack of sparkly pink godawful unreadable profile pages was one of the best things about it over myspace.

5. Daniel Voyce

Sparkly Pink

It will stay number one, this just means that if you wanted to pull some of your information from this and your myspace page to create a new one you can :)

RSS is just the start!

6. Gregg Bond

In reference to Del....

I suspect it might be tkt spk for "Fête".

Clearly it is like the G8 then in that all they seem to do it have a big jolly that doesnt acheive much apart from dunking whoever forgot to bring the cakes...

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like