back to article Fanboys order 2m iPhone 5s in 24 hours

Millions of fanboys have asked Apple to send them an iPhone 5, two million of them within 24 hours of orders first being taken for the new handset. That, claimed Apple today, is "more than double the previous record of one million held by iPhone 4S". The iPhone 4S was announced just under a year ago, on 4 October 2011. Apple …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Frank Bough
    FAIL

El Reg

..in the throes of cognitive dissonance once again.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

NEWS FLASH

It was announced today that ALL pre ordered iPhone 5's will arrive with a plug adapter for the old chargers as a big thank you to all loyal customers who got in with their order first!

Now where have I put my pet leprechaun , Shane, Shane where are you?

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

"..in the throes of cognitive dissonance once again."

I think you mean "in the throes of cognitive incontinence once again." as they piss themselves in anticipation.

3. Wang N Staines

Profiteering

My friends & I pre-ordered some for fleabay. I know someone put in 8 pre-ordered using family members.

CEX is already willing to take them off your hand for a little over the retail price.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Profiteering

So - they are still 'sales' whether you are the ultimate user or not.

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

Re: Profiteering

Errrr...are you saying they should they not count as sales if you buy them to resell? That's a strange definition of sales you have there!

Apple makes money off the sale no matter what the end user decides to do with it. Even if it is to make a "will it blend" video.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

iPhone touts.

As clearly only a would actually pre-order a phone that's 10months behind the GalaxyS3/Xperia S/HTC One X in terms of specs and performance, and 30% more expensive.

1. RICHTO
      Mushroom

Re: iPhone touts.

And even further behind the Nokia Luma 920....

5. aj87

.... and this is why Apple don't need to be patent trolling with dodgy utility patents like double tap to zoom and hyperlinked phone numbers.

I should make it clear, I don't care if people want to buy iPhones, it is actually a good phone, I just want them to leave me my choice to buy something else if I want to, without forcing it out of the market over greed/some disillusion that Android stole any more from Apple then they have stolen from other systems, including Android.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

I don't care if people want to buy Android phones, some are actually good phones, I just want them to stop ripping off Apple's tech and design and try innovating.

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

Isn't copying the new innovation? Until you get caught - busted Samsung.

2. Lord Voldemortgage

I don't care if people want to buy Android phones, some are actually good phones, I just want them to stop ripping off Apple's tech and design and try innovating.

Unless you hold a lot of Apple stock and are of an unusually panicky nature, why would you want that?

If people are ripping off Apple and Apple are still making big profits then we all gain - Apple innovate to the same extent they ever did and those innovations are widely available.

3. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

Yea man

"I don't care if people want to buy Android phones, some are actually good phones, I just want them to stop ripping off Apple's tech and design and try innovating."

Cos 4 inch screens and 8mp camera's were first seen on an Apple device

4. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

"I don't care if people want to buy Android phones, some are actually good phones, I just want them to stop ripping off Apple's tech and design and try innovating."

Along time ago Microsoft introduced their new "innovative" Windows with its mouse and pointers. Apple cried foul - "we invented that, look at our Macs." A big strummash ensued, until Xerox came along and said "shut up, we invented it, and here's the evidence"

There is very little INNOVATION from Apple, Android, Microsoft or several other mainstream techs. Most of it has all been invented elsewhere and they are simply making it mainstream.

It's MAD - mutually assured destruction - that's all that will be achieved if the players don't start playing better together. Then when one of them really does make a genuine invention can they been seen to innovate.

1. Steve Todd
          Stop

No, they didn't

Microsoft Window V1 was fine by Apple. Where they got upset was Windows 2 nicking ideas from MacOS that weren't in Xerox's STAR system. Repainting uncovered windows for example. That was something that Apple had worked out for themselves (and no, it's not trivial to do).

You're also confusing Innovation with Invention. Invention is creating new stuff that no one has thought of. Innovation is putting existing things together in new ways. If you insist in classifying only hardware as innovation then you're not going to see much of that (but it does look like Apple has designed their own ARM compatible CPU which is pretty innovative, if not too obvious).

6. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Is that all - I was actually expecting it to be higher.

7. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

A fool and his money...

A lot are probably the same kind of person who bought this:

http://fashion.telegraph.co.uk/article/TMG9509261/The-Jil-Sander-paper-bag-that-will-cost-you-185.html

image is eeeverything daaaaahling

1. hplasm
      Devil

Re: A fool and his money...

There's one born every 2.6 seconds...

8. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

If you want a paper lunch bag try this one:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B006UH4D9G

Saved you nearly £180.

9. 1Rafayal

Jobsian Cult

I have a book on my desktop called "Lean Software Development", basically it tells you to find a pattern that works and stick with it for the win. Its a concept that has been taken from the manufacturing industry.

Looks like Apple has also consumed this for the Jesus Phone. You dont have to the a most cynical opponent of the Jesus Phone to start noticing that there is very little of the famed "innovation" commonly associated with this Holiest of Relics anymore. So much so that Apple is now resorting to getting other companies into court to battle over whether or not their device looks a little bit like the Jesus Phone.

Now, I am pretty much guaranteed a protest by mentioning that Android is more like the "Muhammad Phone", and I am pretty sure that any Reg hacks who use that term would be stoned within hours.

To end on a lighter note, I think it would be fair to brand Windows 8 Mobile as the "Scientology Phone".

1. Dave 126 Silver badge

Re: Jobsian Cult

All the currently low-hanging-fruit has been taken already. Modern smartphones are only possible due to the battery, CPU and screen technologies of the last few years, with the communication infrastructure to support them. So, for the first few years after people first glued them together with software there were many innovative (and many obvious) ideas ripe for picking. What the next disruptive technology is, I don't know. Those who are better informed than I are likely not to say. Possibly a flexible screen that can be rolled up like a scroll.

About 16 years ago I was shown a video in school in which some Californian bloke reckoned the ultimate computer would look like a blanket (or a towel, for you Hitch-hikers out there). It could assume the shape of a keyboard and monitor, or you could just place it over your head for an immersive VR-style experience. When finished, you would just scrunch it back into your pocket or handbag.

>You dont have to the a most cynical opponent of the Jesus Phone to start noticing that there is very little of the famed "innovation" commonly associated with this Holiest of Relics anymore.

You only have to look at their new earbuds to think that Sir Jony is getting bored.

1. 1Rafayal

I somewhat disagree with the idea that all the easy pickings are gone.

Apple probably wont be able to compete against the like of Sony, LG and Samsung in the future when it comes to adding devices to a home network that contains a telly and other proprietary devices. Sony in particular will be very keen to lock people into a specific ecosystem where customers mobiles, games consoles and TV operate as part of a personal media network.

The Jobsian Cult doesnt have a successful video games console or a booming display presence - it needs to get them from people like Samsung. All the Cultists have at the end of the day is iTunes and a communications device.

The Church of Google doesnt really care how you get Android, as long as you can get it, a bit like an STD

1. Steve Todd

"Apple probably wont be able to compete against the like of Sony, LG and Samsung in the future when it comes to adding devices to a home network that contains a telly and other proprietary devices."

I hate to point this out, but Apple are already beating the pants off of the competition when it comes to this. AirPlay is becoming a de facto standard for audio and video steaming (DNLA never matched up to its promises of compatibility and ease of use), TVs come with apps to let you control them from your iPhone etc.

1. 1Rafayal

That's hardly the defacto standard. It's a standard de jour. Apple will not be able to compete in the consumer electronics market when faced with the likes of LG, Sony and Samsung...

1. Steve Todd

They have been competing against Sony, LG et al ever since they introduced the original iPod. Sony used to be the absolute king of personal audio. Apple now own 70+% of the MP3 player market and Sony are an also-ran.

1. 1Rafayal
                FAIL

this is probably one of the silliest things I have ever heard a Cultist come out with.

Do you really believe that Apple commands 70% of the MP3 player market? Everything plays MP3's these days - its nothing special. My bloody TV plays MP3's from a UPNP server, memory card etc.

I am surprised that Samsung haven't hit Apple with a lawsuit, as if I recall correctly, wasnt it Samsung that was first to market with a mobile phone that could play MP3's way back in the 90's?

Sounds like prior art to me...

1. Steve Todd

Talk to the market analysts. They are the ones that are saying that Apple have that market share of MP3 players. In case you hadn't noticed they've diversified into mobile phones and tablet PC's, also consumer electronic devices, and have quite large market shares there also.

Now enough of this hater nonsense, I'm sick of shooting down your pet fallacies at every turn.

1. 1Rafayal
                    FAIL

You should have read Wikipedia a little more closely, the mystical 70% figure probably only applies to the US - hang, I bet you are an American as well, aren't you?

This further compounds the status of your comments to "utterly ridiculous".

2. Toothpick
      Joke

"Now, I am pretty much guaranteed a protest by mentioning that Android is more like the "Muhammad Phone", and I am pretty sure that any Reg hacks who use that term would be stoned within hours".

Considering some of the garbage stories that have been on here, I think some of the hacks are already stoned.

10. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

5 million?

The Galaxy S3 sold 9 million as preorders

1. David Webb

Re: 5 million?

You can't compare the statistics directly in this instance. You'd need to wait until the iDiot phone was released before you can make the comparison, the iDiot phone would need pre-orders of 9m+ to break the record owned by the S3 (Virge DX.... why is no one suing Samsung?!).

Although, in fairness, the iPhone 5S will be exactly the same as the iPhone 5 only with the bits that should have been in the iPhone 5 but were removed to give people a reason to buy the iPhone 5S, still, there are how many million born every minute?

2. My backside

So, 9 million pieces of crap are somehow better than 5 million iPhones? Hmmm.

3. jai

and how long was the pre-order window for the S3? and does that include the blue on that didn't come out until weeks after the white one was released?

11. Steve I
    Meh

Same old, same old...

"Commodor 64 rules!" "No - Spectrum is best!"

"Ha ha! Call the Amiga a computer? Get an Atari ST!"

"SNES forever!" "No way - Master System and Sonic!"

etc etc

Playstation/Dreamcast, PS2/Xbox, Ps3/Xbox 360

All arguments heard in the playground, made by pre-pubescent boys. I doubt that iOS/Android arguments are made by anyone different.

1. FartingHippo

Re: Same old, same old...

Ah yes, I remember the Pascal / Fortran battles of my youth...

1. Dave 15

But do you remember RatFor?

An amazing creation... 'rational fortran' - preprocessed into fortran for compilation...

1. Chris Rowland

Yes! A good step on the way to C...

2. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

Fortran IV using punched cards was the first language I studied when I entered university. Calculators were still a luxury then and we used slide rules. Darn, that ages me quite a bit.

I ordered an iPod Touch 5G to replace my 2 year old 4G. My 4S, on the other hand, doesn't need an upgrade... the 5 is a tad disappointing.

2. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Those choices were basically dictated by what software you used. A musician would have taken the Atari ST over the Amiga (the MIDI ports were built in), a CGI artist of the time probably vice versa. If I were a musician I would now use a Mac, but since I am a CAD user I use a Windows PC. As such, I don't even consider myself to have a choice in platform.

Anyone excited by the possibility of using their shiny touchscreen for controlling realtime events (such as electronic musicians) will get a iDevice, since the latency is low enough to make it workable - only with Jelly Bean has this this been addressed enough for developers to even start considering Android (that, and having only a limited range of devices to support helped, too). People who enjoy tinkering will take the Android device and root it... and thank Jeebus there is more one kind of person in this world.

I was once what is now called a 'fanboi'- I had a Gravis Ultrasound, and my use of it was related to how many other people might buy it- since this would cause more software to support it. As it happened, enough good software did (Syndicate, Doom) and emulation took care of the rest before DirectSound rendered ones choice of hardware irrelevant.

3. This post has been deleted by its author

4. Steve I

For the record: The C64 WAS better than the Specturd* and the Amiga knocked the spots of the Atari STD*. Fact.

*Childish names substituted in an attempt to appear intelectual and growed-up.

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

Nope, The Acorn Archimedes was BETTER then the Atari ST, CBM Amiga and Apple Mac combined!

Sophie for President!

2. Manu T

... but the Sinclair was more innovative ;-)

5. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

No Spectrum IS the best.

Sinclair for President!

12. Purlieu

Yep

there's going to be a glut of low cost second hand 4's and 4S's .... hey was it all that time ago when the 4S was released, it only seems like weeks ..............

1. uhuznaa

Re: Yep

When I was shopping around for a smartphone two years ago, I was torn between a Samsung Galaxy S (the first one) and an iPhone 4. I very nearly bought the SGS, although it felt a bit like rubber boots compared to leather shoes handcrafted in Italy. Then I read about the GPS problems with the SGS and got the iPhone. Which had a GPS system that worked reliably within seconds.

I still use the iPhone 4 and I'm quite happy with it. I just totally can't imagine still being happy with the SGS with the SGS2 and SGS3 around now. To add insult to injury the original SGS is nearly worthless on ebay now compared to the iPhone 4.

In short: There will more "cheap" iPhone 4's and 4S's around very soon, but "cheap" won't mean what you think it means. Time ate much more from the value of the SGS than it was cheaper in the first place. Getting a fresh iPhone every two years or so is quite cheap actually if you figure this in.

I would buy a decent Android phone in a heartbeat now if there were one. Give me a Lumia 920 running Jelly Bean!

13. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

In unrelated news, Tescos has reported an upsurge in demand for mint sauce.

Baaaaaaaaaa!

14. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Just Ordered Mine Today !

Great price from Amazon

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B003VOCPHI/ref=pd_lpo_k2_dp_sr_1?pf_rd_p=103612307&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B001T2RGGO&pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_r=0HEJ0VF4NQV7S7Z86Y39

15. The Alpha Klutz
    Big Brother

as we watch enslavement coming into view

Let's try not to let the sun set on Utopia.

16. No, I will not fix your computer
    Thumb Up

Not surprised.

The difference between the 4 and the 4s is very small, almost to the point of irrelevance, the 5 is measurably different, much faster, bigger screen, being skinnier is neither here or there, it's a nice update of the 4s, but what isn't really being considered is what happens to the lineup, the 5 is the flagship, 4s midrange and crucially the 4 is now the entry level model (with the 3s being dropped), you'll be able to get the 4 far cheaper than ever before (possibly even less than 3s prices).

We can argue which is superior the 5 or the Galaxy sIII, but this is possibly a distraction, think about an entry level iPhone 4 compared to other entry level phones - I suspect that this is Apples new battleground, not market leadership but market coverage, after all they have dabled in "coverage" before with CDMA (simless) iPhone 4 budget phones (with different internals), Apple are not adverse to trying new markets.

So, I suspect Apple are saying "look over here" when they're really targetting "over there".

1. uhuznaa

Re: Not surprised.

The 4s is 2x as fast than the 4. Its GPU *still* eats almost all Android phones for lunch. It finally fixed the antenna problems and has a camera that maybe two or three recent Android phones can top. I wouldn't call that "very small, almost to the point of irrelevance". The 4s is, if you aren't allergic to anything Apple or totally need a really large screen, still a very, very decent smartphone.

And many people like this kind of evolutionary product philosophy. It assures them that their expensive phone isn't rendered obsolete half a year after they've bought it by the next, totally different iteration. And the 4s will get iOS 6 with nearly all the features the 5 has. Even the 4 will get nearly all of this.

Not to praise Apple, but Apple is doing a fucking lot of things right. People like Apple products enough to throw money in that direction for very good reasons. I would really like to have makers of Android phones finally understand these reasons.

I totally agree that iOS is getting stale [technical term]. I also agree that Apple is just greedy and has perfected the art of making money for the sake of making money. I utterly hate them for that. But they're making great products. If this is too much of a mind stretch to bear you'll never be able to understand what's going on.

1. Rob Davis
        Thumb Up

Re: Not surprised.

+1 I agree about the evolutionary product philosophy. My iPod Touch will be able to run iOS 6 (though perhaps some features absent). This shows Apple recognises that longevity is quite important to the consumer; it makes them more willing to part with cash with the knowledge that the device will still be relevant 1, 2 or 3 years or more.

17. Rupert Stubbs

Innovation doesn't mean new gimmicks...

I remember the phone industry before the iPhone - there was a huge amount of innovation, almost all of it utterly pointless. Remember the Nokia circular keypad? The only goal is to make things work better - if that means subtle improvements to something that already works, then that's what you do.

1. Steve Evans

Re: Innovation doesn't mean new gimmicks...

The Nokia circular keyboard was indeed weird, but don't forget that that was only one of a wide selection of phones they were producing at the time. Often with very similar internals.

So if you wanted a circular keyboard, you could have one. If you didn't, you could have a standard layout too. Consumer choice.

1. Manu T

Re: Innovation doesn't mean new gimmicks...

@ Steve Evans

Yes, but sometimes it's good to improve upon an existing product. That's what Apple is doing and the others don't. They are still acting like its all a wild west show. One product is out the door and the R&D (whom probably haven't even actually used the product) is already working on 'the next best thing' (which usually carry NO design ellements of its predecessor). That is the reason for Apple's success. The iPhone is essentually just the iPhone 1 but better.

Some bad examples from Samsung:

Omnia (Windows Mobile 6.1) relative big success for Samsung

Omnia HD (Symbian) because consumer associated Omnia products with Windows Mobile this was a huge failure. Though technically one o/t better Symbian products at that time.

Omnia II (Windows Mobile 6.5) Rush rush job to rectify the Omnia HD failure. The exterior of a Wave with NONE of the old Omnia features. Not even the optical trackpad or 2 way call recording from the predecessor. It failed AGAIN!

Samsung fortunately didn't make that same mistake with the Galaxy. All Galaxy's are Android devices but yet we see a mix'n match of features and SOC´s. In fact Samsung is deliberately confusing consumers by flooding the market with a myriad of type numbers and names under the galaxy nomenclature.

LG is doing the same, HTC is also doing the same.

What they should do is this.

E.g. a proposed HTC product line

HTC S (Snapdragon equipped Android designs): HTC One S, HTC two S etc...

HTC T (Tegra equipped Android designs): HTC One T, HTC two T etc...

HTC O (Omap equipped Android designs): HTC One O, HTC two O etc..

LG Optimus S (snapdraggon designs)

LG Optimus T (Tegra designs)

LG Optimus O (Omap designs): Optimus O 2x (dual core), Optimus O 4x (quad core) etc...

Nokia should have done this:

Nokia S-series (symbian)

Nokia M-series (meegoo/harmattan)

Nokia W-series (windows phone)

S7: design o/t C7/701

M7: design o/t C7/701 but with harmattan OS)

W7: design o/t C7/701 but with WPx OS)

S8: design o/t old N9 with 8MPixel camera)

M8: same as above with Harmattan

W8: same as S8 with WP

S9: design of present N8 (12Mpixel+xenon flash)

M9: N8 with harmattan

W9: N8 with WP

S10: current 808 Pureview

M10: 808 PV with harmattan

W10: 808 PV with WP

That way R&D cost would be shared across all platforms and case design concepts could be recycled.

Now Nokia made one fantastic aluminum industrial looking design, N8, never to be used again, how stupid is that. They only recycled N9 case designs for WP devices and C7-designs for the 701.

18. DEAD4EVER
    FAIL

fanboy apples

is this a deliberate attempt to gain market share or send a message claiming the iPhone 5 is the best handset in the world clearly there wrong even I am not interested in it its a lame attempt buy apple if fact all apples are crap there placed in side a shiny cover to make people think its amazing ha fat chance. oh yea and its over priced it seems the iPhone 5 is starting from 529 for the 16gb 599 for 32gb and 699 for 64gb what a joke that is when I can get a s 3 for under 500 way less. what apple fan boys fail to realise is the hardware in it is probably made from different manufacturers stuck inside a shiny shell to make it look impressive but it ant cause its got the same old ui as the 3g had. give it a couple of months and they will be sick of it guaranteed.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: fanboy apples

"even I am not interested in it "

No way! A huge Fanboi like you not interested? Apple must be cacking themselves

19. mickey mouse the fith

To be honest, the iphone 5 comes across a bit `meh`. It looks nice,but it has the same tired numpty interface and walled garden and it doesnt have anything really inovative.

This isnt really a dig at Apple, they know their core market very well and im sure the shareholders will be happy, but the phone really doesnt do anything that makes it stand out as anything other than a rehash of old ideas and a lick of shiny paint (a bit like the EA game franchises wheeled out every year).

The differences between major Android versions are huge in both ui design and functionality whereas Ios pretty much looks and acts the same whatever version you use. Its looking tired and boring now.

And yes, I do appreciate that a lot of people like the familiarity and dont want change, but we would still be living in caves if everyone had that attitude :-)

1. uhuznaa

I agree with that but I think most people don't see this as anything bad. iOS is straight, simple and extremely easy to figure out casually. I've set up an iPad a year ago for someone at work and only a few days ago the guy asked for a way to switch between apps and/or really quitting them without going to the home screen. Yes, he used the thing for a year and didn't miss the task switching bar.

And I'm not meaning to say he's dumb. He totally isn't. But he certainly has better things to do than to dive into the technical details and hidden features of the devices he uses. The best thing is that aside from selecting and installing a few apps for what he needs to do in the beginning there was totally NO support pressure on me with that thing. Nada.

And I have to confess that for my personal use I like iOS. You can't do much apart from launching apps and using them and this is good. There's no temptation to waste time on optimizing and replacing this and that and to tinker around. I never had any computer-like device that worked with such an (almost zero) amount of sysadmin work. Call me a sheep, but working as a sheep certainly has its merits, no joke. Lazy job. Gives me much more time to tame the Linux and BSD machines around here.

1. mickey mouse the fith

Yup, you hit the nail on the head there, for some usage scenarios the iphone is the right choice, Although i would argue that itunes actually makes things more complicated and awkward than just mounting the phone as a drive.

I guess I just like tinkering and fiddling with everything i buy, so an android phone was the natural choice for me, but i do see exactly where your coming from.

20. Dropper
    FAIL

Shortages eh?

What makes me smile the most is when one of those chaps with a bomb or a chainsaw manages to get hold of something new, destroys it in amusing ways then uploads the move to the interwebs for the rest of us to watch.

Don't get me wrong, the movie itself is usually dull - shiny-thing-smashed-up is only funny the first 200 times you watch it. No what makes be smile is the sounds of grinding teeth from all the people who wanted the shiny thing, only to see someone get a couple and deliberately break them.

Obviously this applies to all fake shortages of new electronics. There's no real excuse these days for a shortage of anything new to the electronics world and normally there wouldn't be. It's just when you tell the masses you can't have one (of anything) because there's a shortage, the masses promptly create the shortage by immediately trying to buy one all at the same time. Tech companies love this, just as much as they love seeing their shiny object being sold on eBay by the dozen for 10x the retail price. Funny how no one mentions that if there really was a shortage of devices for people that really want one, how come there are spare devices for sale on eBay or Craigslist..

Anyway if you told everyone that there'll be so many shiny objects available we won't sell half of what we have, most people would just wait and get the device they wanted at the time they wanted to buy it, allowing supply to keep pace with normal demand.

21. Frederick Tennant

Well who's the next company to have sleepless nights?

2 million, iphones sold? whats happening with all the old phones? hand them to the children?, nope they have a ipod Touch, so what happens to the old touch? thats easy, just unplug the land line and plug in your old 3GS on your home wifi, yep its the network land line, if all your children are using their touch as mobiles in their bedrooms free of charge, so can mum and dad, with their old phone just push face-time or better still Skype, Viber etc and your talking to your mates for hours free all over the world. Yep BT,Virgin and other land line companies had better start getting their act together look what happend to Nokia, Sony, Nintendo etc.

1. uhuznaa

Re: Well who's the next company to have sleepless nights?

That's what bandwidth caps are for. And the inability to get an Internet connection without a landline for much (or anything) less than both together.

These companies have heard the chimes very well and they're biding their time and while they're doing that they're very busy to set up ways to suck your blood in totally new ways. No need to worry for them, really.

22. Andus McCoatover
    Windows

Nokia must be spinning in it's grave...

Which it's still digging.

Anyone seen the newer Nokia buildings? They've all got these metal mesh thingies over the windows. I thought it was to protect against falling snow.

Now I realise it's to stop upper management doing a 'Foxconn Leap'.

23. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

lets just get one thing straight

No well adjusted individual rushes out to pay £500 or whatever on a new phone just because it's a new phone. It matters not a jot if it's an Apple or a Samsung device. It's the same mindset as having the latest car reg plate. Idiocy and consumerism run amok.

If the most important thing in your life this month is owning the new iPhone (or any other bit of shiny tech) words cannot express the pity I feel for you that you life is that empty and shallow.

Pathetic.

24. Anonymous Coward
    Gimp

Look at these fools....

...they want the new one, even if it's not actually the new one but just the same one they've already got.

http://mobilesyrup.com/2012/09/13/heres-what-happens-when-you-show-people-the-iphone-4s-but-say-its-the-new-iphone-5/

The genius of Jobs was to recognize that the key to success was to attract the least discerning, most gullible and suggestible fools as customers, and then milk them dry as they greet every unimpressive new development with awed reverence. Even if it's the same old sh1te they've already got.

25. Alan Denman

Apple truths at it again.

This is the fastest and biggest ever global iPhone release

Statistics can never be made to lie, can they?

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like