back to article AntiSec leaks 'Feds' credit cards' after Barrett Brown cuffed

Hacking crew AntiSec claims it has published the credit-card details of 13 US government officials in retaliation for the arrest of self-described Anonymous spokesman Barrett Brown. Brown was cuffed at his Dallas home on Wednesday hours after he published a rant against a named FBI agent. The arrest was recorded for posterity …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Gordon Pryra

"he also talks about his intention to mess up the life of an FBI agent and his family."

Let Los Zetos have the idiot then, though, to be honest, they probably took him into custody for his own protection, or as a cover for him to turn grass like all the other anonygrasses

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

One good thing..

At least he'll be able to kick the opiate habit while he's in clink - this could turn out to be one of the most positive things to ever happen to him ;)

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: One good thing..

Indeed a drug-addicted, paranoid, hacker who threatens FBI agents and their families live on the Internet who is idolised by people who release (supposed) stolen credit card information in "support" of his cause.

I can't think of a more worthy person to follow along behind and to "fight the system". Because, you know, the Feds lie about everything and it's all a coverup and he's really some sort of new-age king who should be worshipped.

It's the problem I have with Anonymous too. I don't particularly care about your cause, but if you're stupid enough to follow THAT particular idiot / group / whatever then pretty much your opinion doesn't matter to me.

2. Hollerith 1

Re: One good thing..

Kick the opiate habit in the clink?? Are you aware of the huge level of drug sales and use in US prisons, aided by the prison staff? He'll be high as a kite as long as he has the money.

3. Cosmo
    Meh

What a fruitcake

Seriously kids. Don't let drugs fuck up your life

4. Anton Channing
    FAIL

They may be dubious but...

"The AntiSec crew's claim that all the records are of FBI agents is dubious due to the fact that the email addresses aren't @fbi.gov addresses - and that's before other factors are taken into account."

So you're saying you don't think FBI agents ever use non @fbi.gov email addresses when working undercover?

I'm not saying the list isn't dubious for other reasons, I wouldn't know. But if it is dubious, it certainly isn't so for the reason you cite here.

1. Matt Bryant Silver badge
      Facepalm

Re: They may be dubious but...

Anton, all that translated to was "I want to believe! Desperately!"

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Given the first rule - there are no girls on the internet - I must say that three of those girl-masks were jolly convincing.

6. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

A long overdue arrest

All the time it is civilian targets the blackhats threaten, the FBI can't find them.

But as soon as the blackhats go after an FBI agent, suddenly there is an arrest.

With all the domestic spying that goes on, I've always suspected outfits like the FBI knew where most of the western hackers (black and whitehat) were located and what their names were. I suspect they're tolerated because they create a nice level of background internet abuse within which government agencies can do their own intensive spying.

Facepalm

Re: A long overdue arrest

Perchance, have you been indulging in opiates with Mr Brown? It would explain a lot about your "thought" process.

2. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: A long overdue arrest

If that is the case - and I doubt it - is it possible that FBI servers are logging exactly what the FBI are interested in and civilian ones log not enough or far too much making reading the logs more difficult?

7. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

"when cops burst into the 31-year-old's room"

I'm guessing that implies he still lives with his parents.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Pint

Re: "when cops burst into the 31-year-old's room"

Or his computer is in his bedroom, like mine used to be before I discovered [censored], [censored], [censored] and beer.

8. sonophy
    Meh

Dubious Video

The video appears to be a setup of some kind. Either the girlfriend was in on the whole scenario or the "FBI agents" heard in the video were not real. What the agents say does not follow normal protocol after entering, identifying and detaining someone they have an arrest warrant for. Yes, agents yell, but the language used in the video is not controlled in the manner in which agents are trained.

If he did threaten an agent, he needs to have a day in court which as much evidence available. This video does not look like it could be used as evidence of any kind in a legal context.

9. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

More fools to do the Perp Walk

Fools are slow to learn. I suspect the judicial system will provide a great education to Antisec members.

10. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Pretty dumb to threaten an FBI agent

Gee I wonder what response he expected from the FBI?

11. Matt Bryant Silver badge
    Big Brother

Hallo, is anyone in Anonyland listening?

Brown was already under FBI investigation, probably because he wasn't as Anonymous as he thought he was. And he was (allegedly) deep into Anon activities, is strung out on drugs, and looking at charges which will no doubt include jail-time.... He is going to spill everything he knows for a cup of methadone. Better start calling your lawyers!

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Hallo, is anyone in Anonyland listening?

I think Anon members have a burning desire to be in prison. There is no other explanation for being so easy to prosecute.

12. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Have seen the video of the Anon members who were in the video call at the time of the bust, and I find something funny:

Interesting thing is:

1. Obviously someone was recording else this would not have made it to youtube

2. If someone is recording, why?

3. If you are dumb enough to be ON VIDEO showing yourself why be part of of a group that claims to be anonymous?

4. Someone was telling them in the chat that they should disconnect, yet they all wanted to stay online and watch the "bust".

5. Only one person on video appeared to be hiding their identify yet all others were fully viewable and one even appeared to be showing herself off.

So, someone gets busted, then their camera gets covered, and you don't know who is on the other end of the computer.

Yep, that makes sense, so they could be tracking you/recording the video from their end for later processing.

Not that smart.

Anon for obvious reasons.

Boffin

"1. Obviously someone was recording else this would not have made it to youtube...." It looks to me like the Anons were paying for vidsex girls, they probably recorded such sessions out of habit. One indicator is the chatroom tag given to one of the girls - "asshurtmacfags" - is not the type of handle a haxor would choose. Plus the "asshurtmacfags" girl looks human. I'm guessing the Anons probably used stolen credt card numbers for such "entertainment".

"......2. If someone is recording, why?...." See above. They don't get out much.

"......3. If you are dumb enough to be ON VIDEO showing yourself why be part of of a group that claims to be anonymous?...." If you're dumb enough to associate with people that do opiates and threaten FBI agent's families, and then actually pariticipate in criminal activity with such morons (and yes, what the Anons do is illegal), then you are dumb enough to video yourself. The only one demonstrating the tiniest bit of sense is the guy wearing the Anon mask. It won't help him much when the FBI go through the chatroom records and trace his IP. He may have been smart enough to use a proxy, but then again by associating with Brown he hasn't really demonstarted stellar intellect to start with. And I bet Brown had plenty of incrimintaing evidence on himself and his Anon/Anti-Sec buddies on his systems because he was so obviously drug-addled.

"....4. Someone was telling them in the chat that they should disconnect, yet they all wanted to stay online and watch the "bust"....." They're skiddies, or probably with drug problems going by the example of Brown, what did you expect? They're very obviously not Einsteins.

"....5. Only one person on video appeared to be hiding their identify yet all others were fully viewable and one even appeared to be showing herself off....." One smarter one hiding his identity, the vidsex girls probably didn't speak much English hence they just carried on during the raid.

There's a street "law" that says that every time you commit a criminal act, your chance of gong to prison goes up exponentially. Every time you share your criminal activities your chance of getting caught gets multiplied by the chances of the people associating with you. Their chance of getting caught (and yours) is exponentially increased by them doing drugs, using prostitutes, or using stolen IDs or credit card numbers. By the maths, Brown was a certainty for jail, and the people associating with him are now massively more likely to do jail time.

13. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

hmm

Just a "Random Thought" (TM) for those who think the raid was fake.

I think it "was but wasn't" due to the publicity.

1. Bust someone quietly, make a deal

2. Get them to initiate a meeting online, on video with other Anon members

3. Run a "raid" that generates publicity, and make sure that a video is leaked. We don't know who is leaking the vid and funny how quick it was released/that a meeting was being recorded.

4. Later, he will be released on bail or a technicality.

5. Instant greater acceptance in the Anon community

Me thinks they should test him by giving him information, then see if the FBI act on that information.

14. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

The jerk uses his own name

How can this jerk Brown, who uses his real name, claim to be a spokesman for the loosely connected group of people who call themselves Assnonymous? It's pretty difficult to be anonymous when you use your real name and face online when hating on the Feds and governments. I smell an idiot.

15. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

I'm fairly certain this chump has nothing to do with Annoymous, or Anti-sec for that matter.

This topic is closed for new posts.