back to article SaaSy Dell 2.0 buys MessageOne for $155m

Anyone confused by exactly what Dell 2.0 means should have a look at today's acquisition of MessageOne. Most of the media reports so far have centered on MessageOne's ties to Michael Dell's brother Adam Dell. The "other" Dell founded MessageOne way back in 1998 and once served as Chairman of the e-mail backup service provider. …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Tom Greenberg
    Unhappy

MessageOne is not SaaS!!

If Dell wants to be SaaSy it should purchase Salesforce.com, Salesboom.com or Entellium! Then they will have a CRM product to offer to millions of businesses that know the Dell products.

2. Dale
    Thumb Down

"Ragging" on Mike?

A bit of a snide comment on Michael Dell's success, don't you think? Just because he had a dentist and a stock broker as parents? There are a number of folks out there that had similar backgrounds who are not worth $15B today. Give him some credit.

While he was not a threat of going homeless if his venture failed, he was most definitely at risk of living in his parents basement listening to REO speedwagon records and dreading the next family dinner where he would most certainly hear "Why don't you get a job like your brother? Eh? How are you gonna support a family without a college degree.. eh?"

Not exactly a pleasant outcome... ;-)

3. Dale

There is more to SaaS than CRM

SaaS does not necessarily equal CRM.. and that market (CRM) is pretty crowded anyway. It wouldn't be a good fit for a hardware company looking to expand their portfolio, IMHO.

4. Ashlee Vance (Written by Reg staff)

Re: "Ragging" on Mike?

I wasn't really ragging on him, just adding some often overlooked history. Of course, he still took a big risk and made it work. It's just that not all people are afforded that luxury.

5. pctechxp
    Flame

Pity that poor billionaire

He owes me three days holiday for when his company delivered a damaged system that I payed a small fortune for.

I returned it and twice was promised a delivery date for a replacement system so I took that day off and nothing showed.

I found out after having to ring the so called couriers that both systems were damaged en route from Ireland to the UK, did they offer me a discount for my trouble, no!!

After the third time I rang them and told them to stick it and refund my hard earned.

a dreadful company and I sincerely hope he ends up bankrupt.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like