back to article Lovefilm Germany goes titsup for a FORTNIGHT

Lovefilm Germany's backend has been down for 14 days, leaving subscribers unable to access their accounts to rent films or use the video streaming service. Although lovefilm.de is alive, systems handling customer accounts are kaput. The Amazon-owned company admitted on 28 August that its servers had gone titsup in a corporate …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Not sure what seems to of happened with Lovefilm of late, I was a customer a few years ago and have recently gone back to them after a tempting £20 amazon voucher, now though if I access the site through either of my two home PC's it asks everytime if I want to reactivate my account, where as at work it shows my rental list and is all up todate. Deleting cookies, resetting the password, using a private broswer session all have the same effect. Very strange and more than a little annoying. I guess a phone call to them might get the problem fixed, but they always seem very rushed when I have phoned for other problems.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

The Love Film infrastructure is being moved to Amazon's systems, something that's being done at breakneck speed and carried out by a disgruntled Love Film workforce who know that many of them are for the chop once the work's done. Hence all the problems.

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

Oh noes

"Oh dear, we have issues and are not going to be able to reach the target...Looks like you will have to keep me employed for another two weeks. Such a shame.."

2. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

And that's only affecting the german site is it?

2. IT Hack

Are they hosting Lovefilm on their "cloud"? Or is it dedicated kit?

3. butigy
    Thumb Down

What's the point anyway?

What's the point anyway? I recently signed up for a streaming account to LoveFilm UK and could find none of the films I wanted to watch for download. Doesn't seem to work on Ubuntu either. Needless to say I cancelled.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

How Ironic

Can't shut TPB down even with atomic bombs and VX nerve gas yet legal alternative goes tits up of it's own accord.

5. CCCP
    FAIL

Article fails...

...Godwin's Law by wanton use of German language. No discussion necessary.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like