back to article Schlockmeister Troma's back catalog hits YouTube

Legendary B-grade film studio Troma has taken its back catalog of schlock, horror, and violence to YouTube. Troma rose to infamy on the back of films such as Surf Nazis Must Die, Chopper Chicks in Zombietown, and The Class of Nuke 'Em High. The company's flagship franchise, The Toxic Avenger, told the story of a nerd who, …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Pint

I can't wait to be disappointed again, it's been a long time.

Hell, the best parts about Troma were its appearances in Cannes.

2. pete 22
    Happy

this *so* made my day...

Just got done downloading "Poltergeist: Night of the Chicken Dead". Highly recommended...

3. Arctic fox
    Trollface

"John Travolta may star in a Toxic remake." I agree entirely, that combination could.........

........certainly be described as a toxic remake.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Used to love this shit when I was 18.

<smug mode> Of course, I was into Troma before they became popular or even undergound cool.</smug mode>

Will download a few, but bet it makes me feel like that time in the mid-90s when I bought a second-hand speccy with a huge library of games for a tenner, and realised that all the old stuff wasn't as good as it seemed to be at the time after all.

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

as someone said

more effort went into the title than anything else in the movie.

A teenage nympho in dinosaur hell - who needs to watch?

1. Mercifull

Re: as someone said

Yeah but some of them aren't too bad. Troma's War is alright and I was at the UK premiere of Poultrygeist and sat next to Lloyd Kaufman in the theatre. Very nice chap.

6. Paul Hovnanian Silver badge

Bad timing

They shouldn't have released this in the middle of the US political campaign season. Its just going to get lost in all the other schlock.

1. Spanners Silver badge
      Go

Re: Bad timing

So, up to 4% of humanity (the US) may be distracted. I suspect most of the rest of us do not care too much about the media circus and will happily watch B movies in preference to the US Republicans showing that they are not like any politicians we have experienced...

7. stickman

hats off to Troma. Class of Nukem High probably the most 'accomplished'.

also check out Street Trash (1987) - not Troma but just as 'crap'.

1. David Cantrell
      Thumb Up

Tromeo and Juliet is surely the best they ever did

8. Crisp
    Pint

Oh Sweet!

It's been ages since I've seen a Troma film, you just can't get hold of them anywhere!

9. CmdrX3
    Childcatcher

I tried watching Chopper Chicks in Zombietown on Youtube a few months (mainly because a friend asked if I knew where he could get it, and as I like zombie movies, I gave it a go). Notice I said TRIED to watch, I really tried hard, but in the end I had to give up due to it being so mind numbingly bad. I wasn't actually expecting it to be great, but on the list on stonkingly bad movies it rates somewhere just below Murder Dot Com and just above IRA: King of Nothing. So I am doubtful as to whether I could even bring myself to attempting to watch another of his movies.

This topic is closed for new posts.