back to article Look out, world! SUSE Linux's OpenStack control-freak is loose

Commercial Linux distributor SUSE Linux is moving up into the clouds with a commercially supported release of its OpenStack cloud control-freak. SUSE Cloud, as the OpenStack distro is called, has been in preview since last October, and that particular preview build was based on the "Diablo" OpenStack 2011.3 running atop SUSE …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    FAIL

What's In A Name

OpenStack Essex - only our colonial cousins would have thought naming anything Essex would give it credence.

1. captain veg Silver badge

Re: What's In A Name

Isn't SuSE still based in Germany? Surely "Cologne" would be a better name.

-A.

2. mfritz0
    Happy

openSuse_12.1

I personally use openSuSE_12.1 on my desktop, just switched over this year and was running Windows for over 10 years prior to that. Personally, I do so much more with SuSE than windows it's amazing. They have come a long way in the last ten years.

1. captain veg Silver badge

Re: openSuse_12.1

Strangely enough, I have been using (open)SuSE for getting on for 10 years, but have recently been switching to Lubuntu. Relative to the other distributions, SuSE has been getting worse over time, IMO.

-A.

1. mfritz0
        Unhappy

Re: openSuse_12.1

I've heard that too, but since I personally have only Windows to compare it too, I still believe there is more future with linux than with Windows. Unfortunately, not enough of the bandwagon is following along. I haven't yet tried Lubuntu, but an certainly looking forward to it after the disappointments I have had with Windows. It seems to me whenever something works well with Windows it gets replaced with something that is more comercialized and more expensive. Just look at the garbage being produced in Windows 8. My old Windows XP pro had better graphics and functionality in my opinion, and I'm not even going to discuss the problems I've had with Windows Vista. My son uses Windows 7 and he literally hates it. I can still hear him through his bedroom door pounding on the table and cursing at the software.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like