back to article Amazon steps over Groupon's festering corpse to set up UK deals souk

Amazon has launched its daily deals bazaar in the UK, moving into a market that seems already oversubscribed with the likes of Groupon. AmazonLocal, a typical coupon site, will have offers on things and stuff to do albeit initially for Londoners only. Prospective customers can book and pay for products and services with the …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Patrick 17
    Meh

http://local.amazon.co.uk/Central-London -- Amazon's Deals site looks to be as bad as all the others. Full of the same deals - massages/facials at failing salons, dinner at low rated empty restaurants and so on. Often these offers are the same as what you get if you visit the venues' websites and look in the offers section.

I've used KGB Deals, Wowcher, Groupon & TimeOut Deals. I've found TO Deals to have the most unique London based offers. GroupOn is definitely the worst for spam that's hard to unsubscribe from.

Does anyone have other Deals sites recommendations?

1. Scott Pedigo
      Joke

KGB deals? 80% off on polonium spiked soup?

2. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

LivingSocial

As the title says!

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

no surprise offer sites are dying

The businesses that use them realise quick that the the people who come via groupon etc are not people who come back at normal price.

Many businesses fail to ensure that even with the offer they make money so they often take a loss thinking it will bring repeat custom, but it doesn't.

Margins are so tight on many businesses that often only services like spa treatments and restaurants that can take the hit to the price and still make a small profit, can offer the large discounts required by groupon.

3. Code Monkey
    Windows

More bargain fish pedicures! Wahoo!

This is why I drink.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Fair enough, but do you remove the fish first ?

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like