back to article Holocube introduces '3D' display gizmo

While some people think 3D displays are the Holy Grail of TV technology, European manufacturer Holocube has created a stylish box capable of displaying single objects in 3D. Holocube Holocube's 3D Holocube: sleek and sexy? But it might not be quite what you think. The manufacturer told Register Hardware that the source …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Andrew West
    Flame

2D demo for 3D gadget

Perhaps I'm missed something here, but why bothered using a fixed position camera to demo a new type of 3D projection system?

It's even worse than those ads you get on VHS showing you the picture/sound quality of DVDs.

2. Jamie Kitson

3D

Surely if it works as described then it merely projects a 2D image which appears to float in mid-air, rather than an actual 3D image.

3. andy rock
    Thumb Down

not being funny...

...but that just looks shit. sorry.

4. Louis Cowan
    Thumb Down

Alton Towers

I'm pretty sure they used this technique in the Haunted House in Alton Towers... And the old arcade games....

Who's gonna be the first one to buy one of these little boxes of naff?

5. GettinSadda
    Thumb Down

This is not 3D and it's not new

This is exactly the way that Autocue works!

In fact the original Space Invaders machine was the same, but without the see-thru back.

Not new, not 3D, just marketing BS!

6. Jan Vanbriel
    Go

next week a better movie !

We found a track to put the camera on, so let's move.

Of course it would be the best if you could see the holocube in real and enjoy the 3D feeling.

The size of the box = 20X20X20 inch, so bigger than LC's little willie :)

7. Jan Vanbriel
    Go

Next week new 360 movie with camera on track

Next week new 360 movie, update from the site and i also hope the people on this forum will be positive than.

You really need to see the cube in real to enjoy the 3D feeling, like the people who are stopping here in Antwerp all day in front of our window.

Thanks for the comments with best intentions.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like