back to article Cosmonauts step out for six-hour space walk around ISS

Cosmonauts Gennady Padalka and Yuri Malenchenko have stepped outside the International Space Station for a six-and-a-half hour spacewalk. The Russians spent the weekend preparing for the stroll; the pair will spend most of their time outside fixing up their cosmic home. The astronauts climbed into their Orlan spacesuits on …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Annihilator
    Paris Hilton

Launched next year?

They're more compliant than me - I'd have probably thought "4 months?? That's ages yet, I'll do it tomorrow..."

2. Miek
    Facepalm

"Strela-2 Hand Operated Crane" -- I thought that Strela-2 and Strela-3 are hand held rocket launcher thingies, with a Strela-1 being a vehicle based rocket launcher thingy.

3. Simon Harris
    Coffee/keyboard

"more of an FYI call. We are basically out the door."

Every news item about ISS space-walks now makes me think of The Big Bang Theory 'Space Toilet' episode!

Escape because... well, you'd want to, wouldn't you?

1. Tank boy
      Thumb Up

Re: "more of an FYI call. We are basically out the door."

"Every news item about ISS space-walks now makes me think of The Big Bang Theory 'Space Toilet' episode!"

I just watched that. Well... Shit happens.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

So we have Astronauts, Cosmonauts, Taikonauts and, erm, (thinks hard) 'Nauts.

1. John Hughes

Spationauts.

5. Osgard Leach
    Pint

A six and a half hour walk is no joke, the dog must have been knackered.

1. Simon Harris

if you're going to be in a space-suit for 6 1/2 hours, I hope that beer is for afterwards!

1. Crisp
        Coat

Afterwards?

Those space suits have got toilet facilities built in :D

2. Osgard Leach

In the space walking game ther might not be an afterwards. I'd definitely get mine in early.

6. John Smith 19 Gold badge
    Joke

"replace a faulty Main Bus Switching Unit "

"Yeah I can do that but I can't get to you before next Tuesday and it's £60 call out charge minimum, parts not included.

What's that address again?"

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like