back to article Phone-flingers flock to Finland for World Championships

No, they weren't Nokia employees – we think – but on Saturday Finns gathered to hurl mobile phones into some concrete. It was for fun: "Mobile Phone Throwing is light and modern Finnish sport," say the organisers of the World Phone Throwing championships in the Finnish town of Savonlinna. It is the twelfth year of the global …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Only me!
    Go

Apple / Samsug

Give each of them the others phone.....who throws it furthest wins the court case!!!!

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Apple / Samsug

Apple would probably win that, considering the massive weight of the iPhone :P

2. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Marks given for

Style, damage and distance thrown....

2. Only me!

Discus?

Come to think of it can the SIII be used as a discus?

3. Number6

Star Competitor

We should have sent Gordon Brown over to compete, it's probably what he's best at, according to stories that came out when he was PM.

4. This post has been deleted by its author

5. sebacoustic
    Boffin

what phone?

maybe i could find out on the site but it's WebSense'd here. Can anyone enlightem me about the suitable choice of handset for throwing?

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: what phone?

One that does not work, would be a good starting point over 220g and someone elses.

Well they seems to be the rules.

I would go for a good only Nokia, the really old ones as you could get a good grip and they are a nice weight.

1. Code Monkey

If you were to choose 3310 there'd be a good chance it'd still work after you'd flung it.

1. Zombie Womble

I threw one of those against the wall in anger and all that happened is the case got cracked as it flew apart, It worked perfectly well afterwards, once I found the battery that is.

1. Anonymous Coward
            Anonymous Coward

Ditto 6510. I completely failed to break one of those throwing it against a wall too (not mine, the owner was checking their txt messages mid argument), didn't even crack the case.

1. MrT

How did the wall fare? I took out a chunk of plaster with a 5140i... ;-)

6. Bob Vistakin
    Holmes

Did Flop introduce this as a hat tip to his master over the pond?

No marks for who wins the Seattle chair throwing equivalent.

7. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Is there a chair flinging contest somewhere?

8. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

That'll explain

some of the Lumia sales then.

9. nuked
    Trollface

Beaten only by...

... the size of the tantrum 2.0 thrown by Assange from a 1st floor embassy window.

10. TheRealRoland
    Happy

Alliteration is fun :-)

For a moment there, i read 'Flingland'

11. mike acker

hopefully they also have a contract burning bonfire

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like